Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

Comments

• Options
    Gravesend is Fecked! Well more fecked than usual - 2 and a half hours to get my son to school and get back again.
  • Options
    Large Addick do you have any info on trains in barnhurst area?
  • Options
    Pub time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Large Addick do you have any info on trains in barnhurst area?

sorry no. Havn't even bothered going to the station. A couple of others on here have said they have got in via the Bexleyheath line. Still snowing though in Upper Barnehurst.
  • Options
    feckin schools. Called them this morning yes we are open, spent 1 hour getting kids to school and then getting into work, hour later get a call
    from daughter, school is shutting.Spend another hour doing return journey, for a usual 20 minute drive.Poxy school needs to look at forecast it was due to start snowing till approx 5 this morning meaning by 7 it wasn't going to be bad, but it was always going to prolonged from then.Useless feckin useless next time I wont bloody bovver trying to get them there.
  • Options
    Just been told it was a youth that hung theirself on the bridge at Slade Green???

Not good!
  • Options
    Another train thread you lot are flipping gluton for ribbing by the Pink Lions

Barnsey send her to school here mate glorious winter sunshine not a flake of snow business as usual you chose to live in the sticks stop moaning ;-)
  • Options
    but i dont want her meeting boys wearing skull caps
  • Options
    Gotta get to The o2 in this later, should be fun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Youd go down well at a good jewish wedding mate those short trousers you wore to footie in the summer they wear all day every day
  • Options
    Just read that post on the the person at Slade Green. I never make any judgements after hearing about an "Incident" following what happened to Dave Davies.

Thoughts are with his/her family. RIP
  • Options
    Bedroom to my kitchen was hazardous, nearly tripped over the cat
  • Options
    Not a youth, a 40 year old male. God love him.

Grim
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Not a youth, a 40 year old male. God love him.

Grim

That's a youth in my book
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    Paul Benson didnt make it to work this morning and as there is a "car school", Sparrows Lane is likely to be sparse today.
  • Options
    Don't know how to use these new fangled cameras.....
    ;-)
  • Options
    Central Line pleasantly quiet ... even got a seat
  • Options
    tried to drive to london at 2pm today m2 was fine , a2 from gravesend [nells cafe] backed up all the way to london

coast bound solid to gravesend east then ok all the way to m2 jun 5 ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left home north heath at 11.30am arived at charlton 3.27 via a trek from blackheath train station over the heath scott of the antartic style.
  • Options
    various from twitter:

- cannon street passengers advised to go to charing x
    - charing cross chaos, no announcers
    - london bridge platforms very packed

Glad I don't commute very often any more ... good luck all
  • Options
    Any leaving London bridge? I have been at coulsdon south for two hours
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Chaos getting to and from Bexleyheath from Bexley Village.

Left the car in a side road in Townley Road...... then my wifes school lets the kids go home, so took a gamble and headed for bexley village, cars stuck going over the A2 bridge so go onto the A2 , OOPs!

Bexley Black Prince was at a standstill, after 20 minutes go to Crayfrd, and go off at Crayford loop back down Vicarage hill, hold up in village..... only an hour! could have walked in half that time!........

Walking tommorow..... If it freezes tonight it will be impossible around Bexley village!.

Looked on the TV and central London did not have a snow flake! ......

Just thank god I do not have to do the white city journey anymore!.....
  • Options
    Am currentliy on a 89 bus approaching Shooters Hill after giving up waiting for a train at Lewisham for nearly an hour. London Overground and Tube was ok. At New Cross advised to get 1st train to Lewisham, no announcements at all at Lewisham. Bloody shambles.
  • Options
    Taken me 2 and a half hours from victoria nad not yet at orpington. Sent from vic to charing cross who told me to go to st pancras, just the an 'additional' ashford train appeared (though not sure what it was additional to as it was the first for over 2 hours) now been on it for over an hour, just passed grove park, driver says a tree was falling on the line and had to be removed. Could be a long night on the train.

Whilst I was at victoria, the south eastern staff pointed out to me that my trains were not cancelled, but were atarting from otford. They said I could get a train to swanley (there were none) then a bus service would go to otford (there were probably none, but no-one would ever know) to start my journey. Piss taking carnts. South east trains were good for a couple of years, but for the last 18 months or so are just out to skin us and suck our wallets dry.
  • Options
    Crafterly sneaked my way to hither green an hour ago, jumped on a sidcup train, even got a seat and was laughing. Sat at hither green for half hour then the train got taken out of service. Still stuck here.

Can handle the cold, the snow and not being able to get home. Being stuck with Dave Mehmet in a pub who has no cash on him is proving hard to take.
  • Options
    You in the station pub? Still stuck at coulsdon south x
  • Options
    Trains are leaving cannon street now. One to crayford left at half past and I've just got on one to abbey wood and just getting to Greenwich.

I wouldn't go to London bridge. So many people fighting to get on. Better to try your luck at cannon street and listen to the announcements cause the boards are showing trains delayed from 2 this afternoon still
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Crafterly sneaked my way to hither green an hour ago, jumped on a sidcup train, even got a seat and was laughing. Sat at hither green for half hour then the train got taken out of service. Still stuck here.

Can handle the cold, the snow and not being able to get home. Being stuck with Dave Mehmet in a pub who has no cash on him is proving hard to take.[/quote]

If you are stuck for much longer he will want you to buy him a curry.