Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

Comments

• Options
    Got southeastern train from lee to charing cross. Waited half an hour but turned up at 7.20 which ain't too bad for south eastern, even have a seat on the train. trains should be running around every half hour.
  • Options
    All Southern trains suspended until at least 10am, suspect it will be much later than that and then only a limited service.
  • Options
    Never even bothered with South Eastern. 96 to Woolwich. DLR to Canning Town, Jubile Line to London Bridge. Was very easy.
  • Options
    Must be a foot of snow here in hythe, no chance of me attempting to drive up the hill today to find there are still no trains to ashford or beyond. If we have this much snow 200 yards from the sea it will be twice as bad up the hill. Snow day for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]No trains between Dartford & Lewisham on the Bexleyheath line.

is this still applicable?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Blackberry duplicate post.
  • Options
    Wife managed to get on Cannon Street train from Sidcup. If it was the 7.47 it was 5 minutes early leaving. I suspect that all that's happening is that they are doing the same as on Tuesday i.e. once a train becomes available they will send it to wherever is most convenient.
  • Options
    Any news on the A2, M25 or M20...

Girlfriend is attempting to go from Crayford to Maidstone
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    made it into work by driving main roads are fine problem is I turned into the road where we are and i am well and truly stuck.Could do with turning around and going home but a) cant move the effing car and b) have a couple members of staff that want to come in and need the money so fair do's im here till 5.
  • Options
    I'm on that one aa. Currently being crushed at lewisham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Must be a foot of snow here in hythe, no chance of me attempting to drive up the hill today to find there are still no trains to ashford or beyond. If we have this much snow 200 yards from the sea it will be twice as bad up the hill. Snow day for me.

Just got to work in Ashford....
  • Options
    blinkant the main roads are fine side streets are just up shit creek
  • Options
    DLR & Jubilee were running as normal.
  • Options
    M20 is full of jacknifed lorrys, yet they still bomb past you in the middle lane.
  • Options
    Just been told that the Blackwall tunnel is closed, due to flooding...... better check this out before travelling guys!, might just be temporary.......
  • Options
    DONT KNOW ABOUT TEMPORARY IF THE THAMES IS COMING THROUGH IT WILL BE PERMANENT
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    oh well, made it in ok. Think i was quite fortunate. Getting home might be a different story
  • Options
    forecast is very heavy frost tonight -5! so tomorrow could be worse
  • Options
    Made the 20 minute walk, took 5 minutes longer than normal and had a few near slips apart from that I got in okay :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Important announcement

Consider if you need to travel
    Services on our network are extremely limited at this time - Thursday 2 December
    Our services will continue to be affected by the snow and ice which is forecast to continue for the rest of the week.

The Contingency timetables give an indication of what we’re attempting to run but it's likely that there will be many cancellations and delays.

Many morning services are likely to be cancelled.

This Contingency timetable will stay in place today, Thursday 2 December as well as the following amendments:

There will not be a service:

between Hastings and London until further notice;
    between Rochester and Swanley until further notice;
    on the Medway Valley Line;
    between Sittingbourne and Sheerness;
    between Elmers End and Hayes;
    between Grove Park and Bromley North.
  • Options
    JT, did you drive up the hill? How was it? What did you do then, A20?
  • Options
    Went up the hill towards A20, literally a crawl. You can do it but i wouldn't try it again, need a big enough motor.

Road towards M20 was like an ice rink but the one lane on M20 was ok. Operation stack though and plenty of jacknifed lorrys about. Will be going home shortly i think.
  • Options
    Well that surprised me. 89 Bus from Welling to Lewisham, DLR to Limehouse, 15 min walk. 2 hrs later, sitting at my desk. Problem is, now I've done it once, they'll expect me to do that every bloody time now.
  • Options
    Have taken an executive decision to stay put today.

Will get more done with the laptop at home than I will standing on the platform freezing my nuts off.
  • Options
    Train was 8 minutes late today, im bloody fuming to be honest.
  • Options
    Snowed in here, we have 16 inches of the white stuff, wont be going anywhere soon by car.....starting to run out of food, so I will have to venture out at some point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm on that one aa. Currently being crushed at lewisham
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]oh well, made it in ok. Think i was quite fortunate. Getting home might be a different story

If it was the same one she says train broke down and London Bridge so she walked to Cannon Street having stood "toe to toe" from Sidcup.
  • Options
    Got in about 30 mins later than usual as I didn't bother with New Eltham Station this morning went via 321 to Lewisham,DLR to Canary Wharf and Jubillee line to London Bridge.

I don't think going home this evening will be as easy though!
  • Options
    Made it in an hour late, A20 / M25 / A21 all fairly treacherous and non gritted but made it with no scares.