Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

Comments

• Options
    walked to work today, to feckin icy to drive the car.
  • Options
    no trains from greenhithe.. so 'working' from home
  • Options
    I didn't bother with Southeastern trains this morning,Bus,DLR,Tube to London Bridge
  • Options
    im more worried about tomorrow morning getting to euston
  • Options
    hmmmm do I tempp the Sidcup line or not....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]hmmmm do I tempp the Sidcup line or not....

my mate is currently stuck on a train at sidcup.. doubt it will get much further!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]im more worried about tomorrow morning getting to euston

Not looking likely is it...
  • Options
    looks like theres and occastional train on sidcup line but nout on bexleyheath according to the website, Work from home again for me.
  • Options
    no mate,although could get a bus to north greenwich then hit the tube.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nothing up Woolwich line this morning, problem in Slade Green, again so had to get Sidcup line to Hither Green and walk to Lewisham where I got the DLR. Last night nothing back to Kent on the Woolwich line so got a 96 back to Bluewater. That's my plan of attack tonight. Hate to think how much time I've spent travelling this week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got to Sidcup at just before 8 this morning & there were two trains in a matter of minutes.
  • Options
    roads much better in blackfen/welling this morning, to my surprise.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    453 to Elephant and Castle, and then Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus. Got in early. I'm in dreamland right about now. Never knew that my admin role could provide such emotional highs.
  • Options
    Have the trains in and out of croydon been rubbish this week does anyone know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Have the trains in and out of croydon been rubbish this week does anyone know?

Sydenham to Dalston have been slower than usual, but not too bad if this helps......
  • Options
    Just come from Bexley, there were three trains in under 10 minutes...I missed the first two cutting through the car park.
  • Options
    feckers.... is that the croydon line mog?
  • Options
    Starts @ Croydon, then Norwood Junction,Annerley,Penge West,Sydenham,Forest Hill,Honar Oak,Brockley,New X Gate then the "new line" through Surrey Docks, etc to Dalston Junction.
  • Options
    I havent been in to work (east croydon) this week. I checked though and there havent been any southern trains to croydon today or yesterday, theres the odd thameslink but not very often.
  • Options
    Got to Sidcup just before 8, train came in about 2 minutes later and was at charing cross by 8.40. No trains home on the Sidcup line last night, had to go to Welling. However a 51 arrived quite quickly and was home in Sidcup within 15 minutes, the joys of no traffic.

Bexleyheath line is completely shut because apparently there is a slight hill between Barnehurst and bexleyheath that the trains can't get up in this weather. I'm sure that's rubbish though, just an excuse for them to run no trains and save money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If my memory serves me right the gradient between Bexley and Sidcup is steeper,something around 1 in a 100 between Bexley and Albany Park which is quite steep for trains,maybe 1 in 165 ish Albany Park to Sidcup ,not worked over that line since 1988.I reckon you aint far from the truth Chris.
  • Options
    ANyone know the state of play for the Orpington to London line? (via Grove Park) If it's a no go I'm guessing bus to Lewisham, DLR then tube is best bet?
  • Options
    my office just shut early (4pm) due to the conditions, but I am working on something so can't leave yet, doh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]no trains from greenhithe.. so 'working' from home

I've been in all week and I travel in from Greenhithe but admittedly it's been a struggle day in day out and am utterly exhausted...
  • Options
    Bexleyheath Line Major Disruption
    Bromley South Line Major Disruption
    Hayes Line Major Disruption
    Sevenoaks Line Major Disruption
    Sidcup Line Major Disruption
    Greenwich Line Major Disruption

This is all the info they give on the SE Trains website!
  • Options
    Waited about 1 minute at Sidcup this morning and 2 minutes at London Bridge this evening.

Why can't it be like this the rest of the year...
  • Options
    Erm Bournemouth Addick - You know that I am one of the first to defend Local Authorities, as I work for one myself! However I think I have a right to say that it's bang out of order for KCC to leave our estate alone for three days.

On the KCC gritting map there are three routes on our estate that should be regularly gritted, they weren't.Therefore there could be no buses, no deliveries. We were cut off. Thankfully today they have been out and we can get off the hill.

Fair play to Greenwich who seem to have been more active than KCC. My old man reports they've been and gritted his hill twice.
  • Options
    after a crap journey this morning, I left work at 3.30 thinking I was on for another battle. Got home with no prob and indoors for 5 - which means more time in the pub. South Eastern fecking owed me that one ...........
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have had to make a journey from Charlton to our office in Woolwich.
    Although quite icy, the journey takes 5 mins each way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alQjtnWQlAE

Which was nice.
    P.S. how do you attach links?