Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

Comments

• Options
    161 suspended...had to get a 132 from N.Greenwich to Eltham then a 45min walk :(
  • Options
    Left Hammersmith at 3.45 this afternoon and got home in Sidcup at just after 12.30 so just under nine hours in all commuting. To think I moaned about the 5.57 this morning being 10 minutes late!
  • Options
    Nothing on the Greenwich line this morning. News is nothing is coming in or out of Kent today
  • Options
    got a knock of the door last night, it was my old man, I left him at work yesterday at 5.30pm I decided to walk home it took 25 minutes if I had tried to drive what would normally have taken 5 minutes it would of taken over 2 hours.He couldn't get home to swanley so kipped round my house.I got up a 5.30 took the dog for a walk, I know this snow is a pain up the arse,but that time in the morning with nobody about it's bloody beautiful.Anyway the old man dropped me to work,I told him to go home as he probably wont get home later.Doing some paperwork and just seeing if any staff come in.If they dont no drama, I'll walk home again.
  • Options
    feckin hell member of staff just rung me they left here at 5.00pm last night for a 1 mile journey they got in at 1.15am
  • Options
    Give us a job Steve...

My manager has told us we all have to get in, even if we have to walk. doesn't help everyone else either lives closer or is on a underground line....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]feckin hell member of staff just rung me they left here at 5.00pm last night for a 1 mile journey they got in at 1.15am

That's some pub crawl.
  • Options
    bloody unbelieveable if he had walked home like he does sometimes it would have taken him 45 minutes.The seveonals way in Orpington yesterday was a nightmare.
  • Options
    Trains running on the emergency time table through Eltham, but they are running - sorry skivers !!!!
  • Options
    Nothing on the brighton line. Gatwick has three broken down trains
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    must be very lucky left half hour early walked to dartford station no staff no trains five mins later 6.20 mystery train pulls in we hop on pull out first stop lon bridge 25 mins trip fastest ever but why we didnt stop at all stations on sidcup line ?
    just glided past to see few open mouths and folk pointing thats what i call good service now getting home that will be fun
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]must be very lucky left half hour early walked to dartford station no staff no trains five mins later 6.20 mystery train pulls in we hop on pull out first stop lon bridge 25 mins trip fastest ever but why we didnt stop at all stations on sidcup line ?
    just glided past to see few open mouths and folk pointing thats what i call good service now getting home that will be fun

Not the old CharltonLife badge trick.
  • Options
    Work from home day and a Lemsip overdose
  • Options
    Just driven to canterbury from hythe for a hospital appointment. 2nd or 3rd gear all the way but not too bad. I bet the consultant doesn't make it now. Doubt I will be going to work after, had a 6 hour journey home last night and more heavy snow is expected today.
  • Options
    from what I gather up here, bexleyheath orpington sidcup dartford etc is a lot worse the maidstone downwards which is very unusual
  • Options
    I'm in work, although it's only a 20 minute walk :-(
  • Options
    My train was 2 mins early.

Southern softies the lot of ya
  • Options
    No overground services at all now.

I mean the old east London line type trains!
  • Options
    Just grateful we could get the Jubilee line, South Eastern trains a joke - 2 trains an hour on their contingency service.
  • Options
    Got to Sidcup at 8am just as a train was pulling in virtually empty. At Charing cross by 8.45. Can't complain this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'hello, yeah is that southeastern?....ok, can you send out an alert that all trains should now run perfectly....how?, well some woman at blackheath shouted 'can you move down please' 5 times, so that essentially solved every problem. yeah i know i cant believe i didnt think of that either''
  • Options
    M25 fine this morning apart from all the abandoned cars and lorrys everywhere!
  • Options
    If you use southern trains you can claim back the money on their delay - repay scheme

Delay - Repay
  • Options
    going home in 5 minutes no orders will be delivered today take the kids sledging down ruxley golf club
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]going home in 5 minutes no orders will be delivered today take the kids sledging down ruxley golf club
    Rubbish, I wanted 20,000 flags saying "SouthEastern are C*nts"
  • Options
    Fine, DLR from Woolwich working well, loads of South Eastern types got on and looked confused by the lack of a driver
  • Options
    I wanted a 12 foot 'FAO AIRMAN' flag.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]going home in 5 minutes no orders will be delivered today take the kids sledging down ruxley golf club
    Rubbish, I wanted 20,000 flags saying "SouthEastern are C*nts"

your nearly as funny as off-it, what time do you want them ? see you sloped off yesterday after causing a argument.
  • Options
    Worked from home today after the fun and games of Tuesday. Left our Chatham office at 3.45 got to the A2 at 5.00, got home to Welling at 1.30 in the morning. Overturned lorries, abandoned lorries, broken down cars, total nightmare.