Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

commute update - 30 nov / 1 Dec / 2nd Dec

Comments

• Options
    What are your plans for tomorrow?
  • Options
    My daughter left Dartford Crossways at 1:20 and has just arrived at her home in Rainham Kent! 5 hours plus to do 20 odd miles!
  • Options
    My old man has been on the a2 since 2pm and is just getting to Gravesend en route to Dartford.

Mum was meant to come out of hospital today after an op but now has to stay until roads are safe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]My old man has been on the a2 since 2pm and is just getting to Gravesend en route to Dartford.

Mum was meant to come out of hospital today after an op but now has to stay until roads are safe.

Hope all is well with your Mum WSS.

I spent over an hour getting from roughly Tollgate to Gravesend West exit this morning. Having phoned the office and my boss to be told it was just as bad and those that were in had walked I decided to turn round and go home.

Glad I did after my daughter's journey and reading other horror stories here and elsewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]New Eltham to Tonbridge was fine, A20 / M25 /A21 empty and not treacheous at all, got here quicker than usual.

Well I paid for that, took me 5 hours to get home. M20 / A20 was an absolute joke, full of lorries and idiots in their RWD Beemers wondering why they couldn't get up Wrotham Hill.
  • Options
    Was also on that Sidcup train at Hither Green.

Work from home tomorrow as I can't be arsed to travel in. It will be a joke on the trains tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Crafterly sneaked my way to hither green an hour ago, jumped on a sidcup train, even got a seat and was laughing. Sat at hither green for half hour then the train got taken out of service. Still stuck here.

Can handle the cold, the snow and not being able to get home. Being stuck with Dave Mehmet in a pub who has no cash on him is proving hard to take.

Now that has made me LOL.
  • Options
    Golfie left Swanley at 9.30am and headed to A20/M25 junction. Decided not to go to Hythe so headed back home along M25 then back onto A2 London Bound, off at Dartford Heath and along Birchwood Road and then towards Swanley. Easy peasy eh? Still not home !! Ten hours to do what, 15 miles? Crazy. Councils have a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    This country continues to be the absolute laughing stock of Europe and beyond everytime we get a bit of frigging snow and ice. The 3 month freeze up in 1963, the trains ran, the buses ran, schools were open and everybody just got on with it. What a joke we've become.
  • Options
    If I here the phrase adverse weather conditions again tonight I will not be responsible for my reaction. Charing Cross a joke thankfully able to get the jubilee line but still taken 2 hours to get home. Max 2 inches in Blackheath. Joke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if its any consolation, it took me 3 & a 1/2 hours to do a normal 1 hour drive last week after our first serious snowfall of the winter in Calgary....all kinds of chaos going on, including trains getting stuck, buses breaking down & cars flipping over & the usual assortment of moronic drivers - it was -30ish but still snow is snow
  • Options
    Wife has just called at five to eight to say she is still at London Bridge, where they have promised that the 5pm train to Uckfield/Hever is due to arrive ''soon''...

Sick joke or what....
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My train broke down at Hither Green so I walked to Sidcup, 3.5 hours from office by London Bridge to sunny Sidcup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Wife has just called at five to eight to say she is still at London Bridge, where they have promised that the 5pm train to Uckfield/Hever is due to arrive ''soon''...

Sick joke or what....

Ah the good old Oxted line! Taken that route many a time on the way to the in-laws....
  • Options
    had to do a demo(not in one) then lump all the gear to Cannon st----no naffing trains--no naffing surprise.

Got to the DLR and then 178 from Lewisham.

Struggle in on Wednesday ------------why do we bother? --------------of yes i dont get paid !!

Mind you if we all said f**k it---------fix the trains etc or we aint playing or paying it would be done in nano seconds.
  • Options
    Nottingham to home in 3 hours, easy. :)
  • Options
    Now been travelling over 5 hours and am at ashford waiting for the westenhanger train, then the joy of the drive to hythe to follow.
  • Options
    Left Welling at 3 pm got to New Eltham by 3.30pm and then sat on the A20 for 2 hours and went no where. Stopped off at a friends house and have been here ever since. Traffic in Swanley hasn't moved all afternoon and evening according to the step-daughter so we've given up and are staying here for the night.
  • Options
    i say this everytime it snows but this is exactly why i give SE Trains no more than £2 per day. They are wankers.

their turnover must be outrageous, so do the sensible thing and save yourself 2k a year by f*cking them over like they f*ck you
  • Options
    I finally managed to get on an Eltham train after 50 mins at W/loo East & walked to New Eltham. The bus station at Eltham was a parking lot full of 161s, 162s & 286s all covered in snow - they'd been there a while!

According to a mate who is a manager for Southeastern at Slade Green depot, we should expect "a skeleton service" tomorrow.

As I recall, last time that meant 2 trains per hour on the Sidcup, Bexleyheath & Woolwich lines.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    You've got to love the Southeastern way of letting you know that your train is not coming - show it on the platform departure board as being on time right up until the minute it is due, and then just delete it and move the next train up the list.

The only minor positive is that TfL were accepting train tickets on the Underground and buses, so I didn't have to pay more to get home - although it was obviously too much to expect Southeastern to advertise that fact at Waterloo East.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Pickwick, you should have come and joined me and Dave Mehmet in the pub at Hither Green.

4 trains, 2 pints and 3 and a half hours from Cannon St to Sidcup.
  • Options
    Just in, 3hrs walk from Lewisham to Coney Hall!

I may give tomorrow a miss.
  • Options
    Wife still waiting at London Bridge for an Oxted/Hever/Uckfield train (9.10pm).

The last Uckfield train left LB at 4.30 apparently.

After a four and a half our break in the service, they've just told her they now have a train - but there is no driver.
  • Options
    gonna be even worse tomorrow when it turns to ice overnight. colder than a fritzl family reunion outside.
  • Options
    I used to drive on that line.Still a complete shambles!
  • Options
    Five hours to get home from Maidstone.

Roads are bad but there really are some muppets driving out there.
  • Options
    FINALLY HOME. Took nearly seven hours from site (Coulsdon) to home(crawley). That was fun.
    All to be done again tomorrow as us lucky self emplyed people dont get paid. woop de bloody do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do
  • Options
    Dowman did you make it?

I've just returned home from lunch at The Bell, via Butt of Sherry, Kings Head, White hart, The Swan & The Dukes. Sorry to hear about your nightmare.......!

The stuff that's lying on the ground right now is going to be lethal tomo
  • Options
    I tried to get to work in Bexleyheath today and traffic was at a standstill on A2 turnoff. Waited for 3 hours then just gave up then turn around which took another 2 to get home. Had to let my manager know but he seemed ignorant rather than understanding how much effort I tried to get there lol

The way the snow is going and the fact I live in Cudham is almost impossible to even get out of where I live let alone drive to Bexleyheath. A guy who also works there suggested I should get the bus or train but reading reports on here that is going to be difficult tomorrow as well lol

Oh well looks like I am gonna have to take a few photo's to show proof :-(