Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]There it is then:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/8722216.stm

Friday, 4 June 2010 11:37 UK!!!
  • Options
    Cancel that - its last years news...!!
  • Options
    Yeah but older well researched news is more reliable :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Cancel that - its last years news...!![/quote]

Just over excited....
  • Options
    He aint coming here FACT time to look elsewhere
  • Options
    Calm down , calm down , nothing to see here , he's not coming ...

FACT

(Isn't that what you say if it unarguable) :)

He's off to Burnley
  • Options
    I have my sources.....

Namely Reggae Reggae , and Heinz ketchup
  • Options
    Levi Roots

now that would be a red hot signing and we would be very colourful in our approach
  • Options
    FACT = Futile Attempt (to) Cite Truth !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]There it is then:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/8722216.stm

Friday, 4 June 2010 11:37 UK!!!

Haha!

"We would like to keep everyone together and have a real crack at what is a tough league".
    Bournemouth boss, Eddie Howe

Tough league ...... I thought it was, in Oohaah's immortal words a Dogwank pony league?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh FFS! On blackberry and just mailed a Charlton and Palace mate that he was staying at Bournemouth you gits!
  • Options
    Oh FFS! On blackberry and just mailed a Charlton and Palace mate that he was staying at Bournemouth you gits!
  • Options
    How do you know he is not coming here then?
  • Options
    This is so amusing, we are all getting nervy about someone who probably none of us were even contemplating a week ago. I think most probably cos we all want to get one over on the Palace!!
  • Options
    because i do

he aint coming we need to focus elsewhere and quickly, i agee with afka the way we have gone about it has been good but we have spent too long on it imo
  • Options
    Levi Roots .. could be a red hot signing!

I like it , maybe we could start a new rumour thread ...

Cos i'm sure we need another one ....

How did we cope in the good old days eh? sometimes we're better off not knowing , until its a done deal, i really don't know whether this guy would be right for us or not , and if he turned us down whether that would be a kick in the charlies.

I gonna have a long break from Charlton life...................

See you at lunch time then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]I think most probably cos we all want to get one over on the Palace!!

That is a very very bad idea. History has proved it.
  • Options
    i didnt want him to get one over plarse i think that he fits the profile of how to grow cafc over the next 4 or 5 years.

we need to now decide if that strategy is correct right now or go for a middle aged mgr with a 3 yr shelf life but aim for instant results
  • Options
    I don't believe the new owners want Howe 'to get one over Palace'. I believe they want him because he's a good manager. It's not the same as the Dowie situation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I don't believe the new owners want Howe 'to get one over Palace'. I believe they want him because he's a good manager. It's not the same as the Dowie situation.
    Agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I don't believe the new owners want Howe 'to get one over Palace'. I believe they want him because he's a good manager. It's not the same as the Dowie situation.

No I wasn't talking about the owners!!!

I am talking about all us fools sitting here waiting eagerly, probably because of the involvement of Palace in the negotiations and that adding to the nail biting!!
  • Options
    Right so now thats decided we move on!

Who next?
  • Options
    Great Question Swisdom

2 season ago this board was full of Gary Johnson in

theres the strating point for me
  • Options
    Hughton, maybe Fergie Jnr, potentially Johnson.

From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.
  • Options
    Well we have to look at realistic appointments, Hughton won't drop from Prem to L1, so I think he's out. Clarke is now at Liverpool, I don't think Curbs returning is an option, Hoddle seems to be out, Wise is only mentioned due to Jiminez, if he wasn't here no-one would mention him, so that leaves us with Johnson, Ferguson, anyone else sacked very recently, Coleman or someone else's manager.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Johnson surely not an improvement over Parky. Weren't their fans unhappy about their defending, performances, tactics etc this season just like ours?

Who the best young managers are changes so quickly. A year or two ago Ferguson was one, but he recently left Preston bottom of the Championship. A few years before that Parky was one, before that Pardew and Dowie. Back then who would have believed that Tony Pulis would be succesful in the Prem?

We might just happen to be the right club at the right time for Johnson. Or he could make us worse with a few poor signings and no improvement in performances.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Hughton, maybe Fergie Jnr, potentially Johnson.

From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.[/quote]

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING APART FROM CAFC BOARD, CPFC BOARD, BAFC BOARD AND EDDIE HOWE

END OF - FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE "IN THE KNOW"

NOBODY KNOWS - BUT ALL WILL BE REVEALED IN 15 MINS TIME!
  • Options
    Any confirmation either way?

All I can find is some BBC dude on twitter saying "Talk from the Valley suggests Eddie Howe is going to Palace. It was Parish wot won it" - I don't want to take a sentence like that as gospel.
  • Options
    If he doesn't come (and I don't think the fat tosser NLA is the font of all knowledge so don't dismiss him just yet) then maybe they will go for someone similar.

Paul Trollope was doing a good job at Bristol Rovers (with lennie) but was then sacked recently.

Paul Tisdale doing well at Exeter

Gary Waddock has already been mentioned from Wycombe

Andy Scott at Brentford is doing well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.

Potenially true, though you have to balance by thinking the cynical view is to put that around when you have missed out on something.

What i AM sure of though is that i want a manager who is DELIGHTED to be offered our job, can't believe his luck, and is 100% motivated and eager to come in and attack it to take us forward.

The longer this has dragged on and been played very much in the, the more i'm feeling that this doesn't seem the guy for that. Which is a shame because i rate him.