Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]dont wish 4 anything, on a previous post i said i believe we should look for someone with a higher standing than howe which i think poyet has since he played at the top level and he would get more respect than howe from seasoned pros such as dailly ,and docherty im not knocking eddie howe cos he as done a fine job at bournemouth just think he would find it more difficult here cos our expectations are higher than bournemouths, its nothing personal.
    Poyet was never going to come here though.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Cheers IA. Looks like we're managerless and nobody is taking training this week then!

Peacock sacked already? I missed that one. Was he judged on his results, do you think? lol...
  • Bibble, why do you keep questioning the professionalism of Dailly and Doc?
  • Although we want to get a manager sorted out as quick as possible, I still think Keith Peacock will do a great for us if he needs to be in charge by the time of our next game. It is very important that we do not rush into making a decision if we do not get Howe (who im presuming is probably our first choice) as it could have big effects in the long run.

Most transfers do not occur until the last week of January anyway, so we still have a while yet in my opinion. KP will hold the fort until a new manager comes in and I think he is more than capable of putting a good team together.
  • Keith Peacock in his post match press conference clearly states.

I will be in role for One day and One Game at a time alongside Youth Development Coach Damien Matthews

I take from that KP is indicating that he will be in role until the new manager is in place.

One way or the other Today should be the last day in my opinion that we should be managerless, it has gone on long enough and we need to start focusing on the League
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    The only things we have learnt for sure this week is the Parky has gone and no one else has been appointed yet.

And that Wise was not lined up to come in once Parkinson was out of the door.
  • oh ffs go palace its boring now
  • http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/liveblogs/scribble/

Latest - 9.15am day two: Howe arrives looking tired. Asked if ready for day two of the circus, he replies: "Not really."

Latest: 9.20am day two: Emergency talks between Mitchell, Howe and Tindall set to start.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]dont wish 4 anything, on a previous post i said i believe we should look for someone with a higher standing than howe which i think poyet has since he played at the top level and he would get more respect than howe from seasoned pros such as dailly ,and docherty im not knocking eddie howe cos he as done a fine job at bournemouth just think he would find it more difficult here cos our expectations are higher than bournemouths, its nothing personal.
    Poyet was never going to come here though.

we all get told different things deep down its all rumours the only people who know are the guys in charge ,we need to get it sorted and get on with the season, we could be out of the top 5 tonight and this is the buisness end of the season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Bibble, why do you keep questioning the professionalism of Dailly and Doc?[/quote]

Er...when did I do that...shome mishtake shurely!!!???
  • Sponsored links:

• If Howe isn't sure he should really just stay at Bournemouth.

Hope he's not this indecisive over transfer targets!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Think Howe and Tindall come as a package. I'm sure that the least we woul have done is spoken tou agents and sounded out other managers in case Howe said no, assuming he was first choice. For all we know e may have interviewed three or four others but Howe became first choice, no we move on to second choice (IF he turns us down)

Quite so. Or even we have already been turned down (By Clarke/Wise/Hoddle/who knows and How is 4th choice.

All guess work. Unlikely IMHO but guess work.

Good point we may have already been turned down by higher profile mangers.

The only things we have learnt for sure this week is the Parky has gone and no one else has been appointed yet.
  • If he stays with Bmouth or goes Palace or Burnley, i've no problems with how our board appear to have gone about this.

Its crucial we get the right man. I don't care if that takes another day or another week. Here we have tried to lure the manager of a team above us who is being courted by numerous teams in the league above us.

If it doesn't come off, that's the breaks. Frustrating, but we went for what we thought would be best for us at the time. No guarantees on anything, we now move on to our next target. Which if Johnson, i wouldn't be too disappointed with.
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If he stays with Bmouth or goes Palace or Burnley, i've no problems with how our board appear to have gone about this.

Its crucial we get the right man. I don't care if that takes another day or another week. Here we have tried to lure the manager of a team above us who is being courted by numerous teams in the league above us.

If it doesn't come off, that's the breaks. Frustrating, but we went for what we thought would be best for us at the time. No guarantees on anything, we now move on to our next target. Which if Johnson, i wouldn't be too disappointed with.

I've got to second AFKA's post!!
  • Too many posts on this thread to read through right now but those who have mentioned Hughton are deluded. After his exploits with Newcastle there's no way he'll be dropping into league one.

Gary Johnson - i can see why some would like him, but he didn't do much at Peterborough and their defending (not just against us) was pretty woeful. He can moan and say he wasn't given money to spend but not many managers in this league are.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If he stays with Bmouth or goes Palace or Burnley, i've no problems with how our board appear to have gone about this.

This.
  • Oh my word, another day of this, it goes on and on.

I know it's only been a few days but this internet thing drags you into every second of it doesn't it? Anyone remember the good old days of oracle and clubcall?

I respect that this guy needs to make an important decision for his family, etc BUT I think he has basically played a nice little game of tennis here with all sides, and I don't blame him at all, why not? I would do the same thing.

This will sting slightly (for us) I feel!
  • edited January 2011
    He's not coming.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Bibble, why do you keep questioning the professionalism of Dailly and Doc?

Er...when did I do that...shome mishtake shurely!!!???

Grovelling apologies, should have been Boogica.
  • edited January 2011
    It wont be Howe,

Start thinking of alternatives
  • Sponsored links:

• great news.
  • So he's going to Palace then?
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]great news.
    Depends who the alternatives are...
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

And that Wise was not lined up to come in once Parkinson was out of the door.

yes, you were wrong about that as well. Kept telling us Jimenez was coming and Wise was bound to follow. Told you it wasn't true last year.

: - )
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]It wont be Howe, we have moved on and are no longer looking at Eddie Howe

Start thinking of alternatives

D its becoming a joke but it has been since we sold scotty parker to chelsea.
  • Latest: 10.09am day two: Echo sources in south London claim Charlton have cooled interest in Howe and Palace also said to be wavering.
  • Latest: 10.09am day two: Echo sources in south London claim Charlton have cooled interest in Howe and Palace also said to be wavering.
  • cry wolf
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If he stays with Bmouth or goes Palace or Burnley, i've no problems with how our board appear to have gone about this.

agree with this. I think of the three clubs involved in the love triangle we are the only who have not made any public statements about what is happening. There is lots of speculation but if regardless of the outcome I think that the way the board do things doesn't appeared to have changed that much despite the new regime.
  • [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Latest: 10.09am day two: Echo sources in south London claim Charlton have cooled interest in Howe and Palace also said to be wavering.
    Perhaps for the best if he was so unsure about leaving Bournemouth.
  • How can we 'cool' interestest 45. Mins before HE makes a decision.

Xant believe CAFC don't know one way or another by now and in which case should state hes not coming.

Seem a bit of a circus now