Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    The problem with an interim appointment like Curbishley - which I don't think will happen anyway - is that it makes it hard to bring in players on full contracts beyond the end of the season.

Players - and their agents - don't like signing contracts when they don't know who they are going to be playing for. This is understandable given the nature of the football industry.

I would only go down this route as a totally last resort.
  • Options
    Forget Eddie Howe , or ...

Oh Eddie Howe ,
    Eddie , Eddie ,
    Eddie Howe,

even the girl presenting Sky Sports News at the moment is called Wyse , could this be a sign of things to come?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Last time I looked on Skybet it was Howe for:
    Burnley 2/5
    Charlton1/3
    palarse 2/7

Didn't lay odds re staying put.
    Burnley the bookies favourites a bit of a surprise.
    Can't be bothered to look at the other bookies.

At those odds Burnley are the longest? Palace favourites us in the middle... I think
  • Options
    can see Gary Johnson being a contender for whoever doesn't get Howe. Strikes me more as a Palace manager though, very much in the same vein as Warnock
  • Options
    Crystal Palace THE CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA according to who?????????????????
    I'm 50/50 on Eddie Howe who is obviously a Bournemouth legend who has worked wonders and I have to say if he joined us tomorrow I would not be in the least upset but on the flipside the expectation and size of Charlton in comparison could he step up to the plate?
  • Options
    I very much doubt that he'll choose us over Burnley. I think we'd have a chance if it was between us and Palarse.
  • Options
    SSN just said Howe being considered as well as 5 other candidates at the Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]SSN just said Howe being considered as well as 5 other candidates at the Valley.

Bloody Hell! I hope we have got a big enough interview room!
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyFred[/cite]I very much doubt that he'll choose us over Burnley. I think we'd have a chance if it was between us and Palarse.

Howe has a young family, I would be amazed if he turned down two local jobs to go up to Burnley which is probably the biggest shit hole I have ever been to and was last a decent town in about 1890.

Burnley struck lucky with Coyle, a genuinely great manager, they will be back in L1/L2 before very long.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]SSN just said Howe being considered as well as 5 other candidates at the Valley.

Bloody Hell! I hope we have got a big enough interview room!
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyFred[/cite]I very much doubt that he'll choose us over Burnley. I think we'd have a chance if it was between us and Palarse.

Howe has a young family, I would be amazed if he turned down two local jobs to go up to Burnley which is probably the biggest shit hole I have ever been to and was last a decent town in about 1890.

Burnley struck lucky with Coyle, a genuinely great manager, they will be back in L1/L2 before very long.

With you there mate, Coyle gave Burnley their zing and I reckon they will fall further.
  • Options

Think that's new , isn't it - the idea that we have a shortlist of six?

Presumably it has been fed to SSN as a bit of news management to head off disappointment when we don't get Howe and so we can claim we have always had plenty of other irons in the fire...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAN WE ALL STOP SPECULATING!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]

Presumably it has been fed to SSN as a bit of news management to head off disappointment when we don't get Howe and so we can claim we have always had plenty of other irons in the fire...

Think you could be right there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]

Sounds right to me yeah.
  • Options
    I'm as excited as anyone about the prospect of Howe but I really thing people should make sure they don't get too sure that he'll be coming.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]CAN WE ALL STOP SPECULATING!!![/quote]

Where's the fun in doing that?
  • Options

where's the thread guessing who they are? ;)
  • Options
    Good omen:

Brian Clough - injured his knee when he was 27. Forced to retire 2 years later. Became a legend (at Derby and Forest)

Eddie Howe - injured his knee when he was 24. Forced to retire later that year. Became a legend (at Bournemouth)

Bad omen:

Played only at Bournemouth. Left and it all went wrong.
    Managed only at Bournemouth. Leaves and ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]CAN WE ALL STOP SPECULATING!!!

Source?
  • Options
    This was on Football Rumours

10 Jan 2011 20:43:48
    Eddie Howe is understood to have been made offers by both Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic. He initially turned down the offer from Crystal palace having been offered much more money to join Charlton although Sky took this to mean he would join Charlton, they are now red faced and have withdrawn the story. Meanwhile Crystal Palace have now upped the offer to match that of Charlton's but, Charlton have far deeper pockets.

Talks are continuing with both clubs, transfer budgets are being discussed. The Cherries are anxious not to loose their man without a fight have also made an improved offer to him. To complicate the matter still further, Burnley have added yet another offer although this will not match either Charlton's or Palace's and Eddie Howe is said to prefer a job in the south. It is understood that Charlton are winning the race for his signature because of better ongoing prospects, a stable financial situation now achieved through takeover. Limited funds have been promised for this January's transfer window by the lead negotiator, ex-chairman Richard Murray if he signs for Charlton tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]This was on Football Rumours

Eddie Howe is understood to have been made offers by both Crystal Palace and Charlton Athletic. He initially turned down the offer from Crystal palace having been offered much more money to join Charlton although Sky took this to mean he would join Charlton, they are now red faced and have withdrawn the story. Meanwhile Crystal Palace have now upped the offer to match that of Charlton's but, Charlton have far deeper pockets.

Talks are continuing with both clubs, transfer budgets are being discussed. The Cherries are anxious not to loose their man without a fight have also made an improved offer to him. To complicate the matter still further, Burnley have added yet another offer although this will not match either Charlton's or Palace's and Eddie Howe is said to prefer a job in the south. It is understood that Charlton are winning the race for his signature because of better ongoing prospects, a stable financial situation now achieved through takeover. Limited funds have been promised for this January's transfer window by the lead negotiator, ex-chairman Richard Murray if he signs for Charlton tonight.

What a weird website FR is. Strangely, this contribution is well-written and almost credible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agent Howe...is he just stringing us a long to derail our season and knock a promotion rival off track? JOKE.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]This was on Football Rumours

TBH if you had asked me to guess the current situation, I would have said the above, so let's hope it's true & let's hope he signs tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The Cherries are anxious not to loose their man

arrrrrrrggggg!!!!!!
  • Options
    Better prospects, deeper pockets at Charlton! FR cobblers notwithstanding, if all these things turn out to be true then we are in exciting times, with or withot Eddie Howe!! COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bet they're all sitting at The Valley now in their jimjams with cups of Ovaltine

"No-one leaves until we've got our man !"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Bet they're all sitting at The Valley now in their jimjams with cups of Ovaltine

Source?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Bet they're all sitting at The Valley now in their jimjams with cups of Ovaltine

Source?

Lol!
  • Options
    Skybet closed again, looks like it might be offical tomorrow for Howe? Or am I getting a little excited?
  • Options
    So Sky are reporting that we have a shortlist of up to six candidates and will be interviewing at least four before making a decision... so either:

a) sky are talking tripe
    b) EH isn't as preferred as we think, or at least if he is, he's going to have to do some waiting

or, what might be the more likely pick:

c) the PR machine is kicking in and we are preparing for the possibility of defeat and where the pursuit for a new man might stand if EH stays at Bournemouth, or perhaps worse, goes elsewhere
  • Options
    And Jazzy, all the books are now closed Us, Palace, Burnley - obviously having one odds on candidate for all the jobs wasn't very conducive for skybet to make their wedge