Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Local news reporting.............Mitchell looking pee'd off, rehash of Saturday's interview, virtually weeping Cherries fans begging him to stay. He's defo going somewhere but it is to us???
  • Options
    Jeez - can you imagine the drive to Selhurst from Bournemouth? He'll have to go thru Croydon! Much easier to stay on the M25 and come off at the A20 - straight into Eltham no probs. I agree with bob; if he has to think about a choice between us and them then they are welcome to him.
  • Options
    Ive just got a funny feeling Mr Howe is going to leave for the Burnley job, afterall this BIG decision he has got to make has to be right for his family, as he stated the other day,does this not give a clue as to whether he is moving up north or not?
  • Options
    An update eldavide......

TJ/MS "Eddie we'd like you to manage our club"
    EH "Ok, What are the terms?"
    TJ/MS " We're seriously loaded by a mystery backer, we've got unlimited transfer funds, we'll double your wages, our ground and training facilities are good"
    EH "Ok where do I sign?"
    TJ/MS " Oh one more thing, You'll just be the face, all the decisions, transfers will be made by Dennis Wise"
    EH "Let me think about it" (Where's Palace's number?)
    TJ/MS We will bung in a flat in Blackheath, and a brand new 911, and a M3 for the misses!
    EH' Have you got a pen' ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Local news reporting.............Mitchell looking pee'd off, rehash of Saturday's interview, virtually weeping Cherries fans begging him to stay. He's defo going somewhere but it is to us???

From Matt Slater's Twitter...

..Howe liked #cpfc board but worried about squad. #cafc on up but would pit him aginst #afcb - nailed on play-off final if he goes
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2011
    How the hell he knows that is beyond me. All conjecture at the moment - doesnt say much for our board IF true though.

Fair possiblity he has looked at our position in the league, our results and so forth and saw that Parkinson got sacked and thought "screw that, if they fire a manager like that what hope have I got?"
  • Options
    Two things

1 - why are people so het up on betting markets which seem to move on unknown posters on a live blog
    2 - I think we can match and probably beat Palace on money
  • Options
    Don't know it's already been said but in that interview on the Bournemouth Echo site the reporter says there's a press conference at Charlton tonight
  • Options
    This 'Howe likes the board stuff' comes from one poster on the live blog, nothing more then that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How the hell he knows that is beyond me. All conjecture at the moment - doesnt say much for our board IF true though.
    Doesn't say much about our board at all really - just that cpfc were especially nice

Let's not overanalyse this any more than we need to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Two things

1 - why are people so het up on betting markets which seem to move on unknown posters on a live blog
    2 - I think we can match and probably beat Palace on money

I was hoping they might give a bit of comfort... they didn't!

Clearly nobody knows anything, especially the bookies (for once) and that quote from Matt from the BBC is a joke, as Rothko says it's a rehash of what a Palace fan posted earlier, baseless
  • Options
    That's why there was an IF in capital letters. And it WOULD say one thing - that they are not able to convince a manager to be ours over a scummy little Croydon outfit. ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Apparently his sister works in the newsagents around the corner from my office. If it goes on much longer I'll pop in for a copy of Readers Wives and see what I can find out.

Lives in Verwood BTW not Sandbanks (unless he's kipping down in Harry's pool-house) and as for the suggested salary on here earlier of £100k I'd sugest that he's nowhere near that figure as their best paid players are only in the £60-£70k per year by all accounts and most of them much, much less.

I work with someone who went to school with him. Describes him as an absolute diamond who even at school never let the attention he was getting from pro clubs (and the young ladies...) go to his head. Quite shy and very modest by all accounts who no one had a bad word for.
  • Options
    Shy and Modest? Pah we need a bold and brash man to take us forward, someone who's not afraid to strut about telling everyone just how great he is ;)
  • Options
    Don't know it's already been said but in that interview on the Bournemouth Echo site the reporter says there's a press conference at Charlton tonight......

Bournemouth Echo!...... really........ I bet Matt Wright must be shitting him self rigid at that esteemed organ's pronouncements!.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Apparently his sister works in the newsagents around the corner from my office. If it goes on much longer I'll pop in for a copy of Readers Wives and see what I can find out.

Lives in Verwood BTW not Sandbanks (unless he's kipping down in Harry's pool-house) and as for the suggested salary on here earlier of £100k I'd sugest that he's nowhere near that figure as their best paid players are only in the £60-£70k per year by all accounts and most of them much, much less less.

I work with someone who went to school with him. Describes him as an absolute diamond who even at school never let the attention he was getting from pro clubs (and the young ladies...) go to his head. Quite shy and very modest by all accounts who no one had a bad word for.[/quote]

He's from Dorset, just tell him we'll throw in a Massey-Ferguson and extra-time off to get the harvest in.

Before you know it he'll be signing his name, well not exactly signing his name, just making an "X" in the right place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Shy and Modest? Pah we need a bold and brash man to take us forward, someone who's not afraid to strut about telling everyone just how great he is ;)

Exactly! Been championing him for quite a while now but the more I hear about the fella the more he seems like a very good 'fit' with ourselves rather than the Billy Big Nuts/Nose type that we've tried recently. As was Parky to be fair.
  • Options
    Apparently his sister works in the newsagents around the corner from my office. If it goes on much longer I'll pop in for a copy of Readers Wives and see what I can find out.

Lives in Verwood BTW not Sandbanks (unless he's kipping down in Harry's pool-house) and as for the suggested salary on here earlier of £100k I'd sugest that he's nowhere near that figure as their best paid players are only in the £60-£70k per year by all accounts and most of them much, much less.

I work with someone who went to school with him. Describes him as an absolute diamond who even at school never let the attention he was getting from pro clubs (and the young ladies...) go to his head. Quite shy and very modest by all accounts who no one had a bad word for.

I dunno Bournemouth...... I hear Harry's pool house is a bit special, quite happy to billet down there mate!, I could even help his sister out doing the papers!... that is of course after I help Harry out with his tax returns!
  • Options
    Liked the sound of him until you said ''shy and modest'', BA. We want him to win promotion from a nasty, dirty, clogging shite league, not to apply for beatification by the Pope !
  • Options
    Dropped back from 1/6 to 1/3 :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (probably be ignored but still) Meridian Tonight; "Bournemouth look set to be a manager down as Howe is deciding his future, After turning down the top position at Championship Giants Crystal Palace he is considering a move to their South London rival club 'Charlton Athletic'"

It was the 'Championship Giants' bit that made me choke on my dinner!
  • Options
    hahahhahahahaha
  • Options
    Championship Giants pmsl...

they'd struggle to be League One giants. FACT.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone saw Meridian Tonight? They said;

"Bournemouth look set to be a manager down as Howe is deciding his future, After turning down the top position at Championship Giants Crystal Palace he is considering a move to their South London rival club 'Charlton Athletic'"

: - )
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If Eddie really is so shy and modest, perhaps he and Palace are made for each other.

After all - to paraphrase Winston Churchill's famous put-down of Clem Atlee - they are a modest little team, shy of success,and with an awful lot to be modest about, aren't they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't know if anyone saw Meridian Tonight? They said;

"Bournemouth look set to be a manager down as Howe is deciding his future, After turning down the top position at Championship Giants Crystal Palace he is considering a move to their South London rival club 'Charlton Athletic'"

Yes Henry. I am perfectly aware that my post was grammatically imperfect, however, I was pushed for time.
  • Options
    well i didnt think id see the words "giants" and "Crystal Palarse" in the same line unless knobheads was in between em.
  • Options
    Henry, you are a very naughty boy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't know if anyone saw Meridian Tonight? They said;

Yes Henry. I am perfectly aware that my post was grammatically imperfect, however, I was pushed for time.

woooooooooooooosh
  • Options

Thanks Henry im glad someone got to watch it and just didnt ignore it ;-)