Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    I don't get what's so special about this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Howe

Oh, and by the way, he isn't 33. He is nearly 58. Plenty of experience.
  • Options
    Gone from 8/13 to 1/10 in little over 20 minutes
  • Options
    When curbs left, parky was highly respected and Murray wanted to interview him for us in the prem
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dan Roan just said all will be revealed in 5 mins (on the Echo Blog .... might not really be him though)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Gone from 8/13 to 1/10 in little over 20 minutes

Someone must have got a tip-off from our friend on the Bournemouth Echo...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Dan Roan just said all will be revealed in 5 mins

Is he on his way to Tesco's in nothing but a trench coat?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite](on the Echo Blog .... might not really be him though)

your suspicions are correct
  • Options
    thought the bournemouth chairman came over very depressing in the interview on the echo site. my moneys howe leaves bournemouth tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Dan Roan just said all will be revealed in 5 mins (on the Echo Blog .... might not really be him though)
    So sometime next week then.
  • Options
    Howe much is that manager at Bournemouth?
    The one who can't make up his mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA -has anyone ever calculated the cost to the British economy while we're all on here writing and reading this drivel instead of working?

Probably runs into billions per year !.......

or the total cost of the cutbacks that the goverment have had to make!. Oh well 'they' would only piss it away anyway on some scheme...... 'to give bankers bigger bonuses in case they are forced to leave' or the like.
  • Options
    If we are seriously headhunting someone other than Dennis Wise then Dave Jones of Cardiff will do for me.
  • Options
    Looking at the press interview after their meeting, Eddie Mitchell looks like a defeated man to me
  • Options
    same here Olly but I always think there's a chance in this situation that even when you think all is lost the bloke turns around and chooses with his heart... EM might be hoping for a miracle and have nothing else to offer but there's a fair chance he might get it
  • Options
    If you listen again, at 1:46, you can hear someone say "He's gone"
  • Options
    so is he going palace now?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]so is he going palace now?

They certainly appear to have a lot more chance now than they did for most of the day

Probably the first time since this morning that they are edging us
  • Options
    Can we have an answer already?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]so is he going palace now?[/quote]

They certainly appear to have a lot more chance now than they did for most of the day

Probably the first time since this morning that they are edging us[/quote].....

why do they have more chance ? now
  • Options
    If he goes to Palace he will look a money grabbing mercanary as he has already turned them down and now is only considering them as they have apparently upped their offer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They "appear" to if you look at the chat online and the odds... they "appear" to have come back with talk of more money, whether that's salary, transfers or both who knows

In reality it's all speculation and nobody knows anything, not even EH himself you feel
  • Options
    If he changes his mind after apparently rejecting Palarse because theyve upped their offer then he obviously isnt the sort of guy we want imo. He doesnt come across as a mercenary type if im honest. We'll have to wait and see wont we!
  • Options
    The improved Palace offer may not be salary, it may be transfer funds or some other guarantees. All speculation of course.
  • Options
    Surely its not about what league the club is in that Howe chooses, more important is what he feels about the club.

Without trying to be biased I honestly believe I would rather manage us than palace. From infrastructure to history I think we are a more attractive option.

Grayson and Adkins (spelling?!) are two managers that spring to mind who took a position at a club in a league lower.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coyney[/cite]If he goes to Palace he will look a money grabbing mercanary as he has already turned them down and now is only considering them as they have apparently upped their offer
    Do we know that for a fact? Seems a bit harsh on the man when he has previously turned down Southampton in the past.
  • Options
    Surely its not about what league the club is in that Howe chooses, more important is what he feels about the club.

Without trying to be biased I honestly believe I would rather manage us than palace. From infrastructure to history I think we are a more attractive option.

Grayson and Adkins (spelling?!) are two managers that spring to mind who took a position at a club in a league lower.
  • Options
    us palarse and burnley all odds on now !
  • Options
    Money might not necessarily mean his own terms, it might be the money they have planned to give him to work with not for... if it's transfer/wage budget then it doesn't make him a mercenary... it makes him pragmatic, maybe before he wasn't offered what he thought was sufficient to ensure he could keep them up and turn them around. Maybe that's changed. Or maybe it is the dollar being waved under his nose. Who knows?
  • Options
    this is all doing my head in now and if he has to think between us and palarse id rather not have him , tisdale or fergie for me obv jnr lol .and i think it needs to be asap so we can strenghen . as theres only 3 weeks left of the window .
  • Options
    TJ/MS "Eddie we'd like you to manage our club"
    EH "Ok, What are the terms?"
    TJ/MS " We're seriously loaded by a mystery backer, we've got unlimited transfer funds, we'll double your wages, our ground and training facilities are good"
    EH "Ok where do I sign?"
    TJ/MS " Oh one more thing, You'll just be the face, all the decisions, transfers will be made by Dennis Wise"
    EH "Let me think about it" (Where's Palace's number?)