Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]CHARLTON LIFE EXCLUSIVE: Gazza has arrived at Eddie Howe's family home with a fishing rod, 4-pack of Stella and some fried chicken.

As Henry Irving (nearly) used to say, I refuse to believe it until it's in the Bournemouth Echo...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]CHARLTON LIFE EXCLUSIVE: Gazza has arrived at Eddie Howe's family home with a fishing rod, 4-pack of Stella and some fried chicken.

LOL, hope not as we know what happened next to the last man under pressure in that scenario.

Eddie Howe last seen hiding in a flood drain in woodland near Basingstoke.
  • Options
    Have Eddie Howe, Charlton or Palace made a single statement yet? SLP getting their info directly off the looney at Bournmouth Echo who appears to be getting his information from those funny little voices in his head.
  • Options

Don't you just hate it when people don't takes these threads seriously.
  • Options

Love it. All v exciting for now, however it turns out
  • Options
    LG - you are an old cynic. I must admit the "coverage" (neither Palace or us has actually made any announcement) of these supposed negotiations is extraordinary. Talk about an overload - anyone think EH was the only coach on the planet.

I have no real knowledge of the young man but on the face of it he has done a very good job managing in Leagues 1 & 2. That is no easy task and he has every right to be proud of his CV but I am not sure it warrants the almost messianic attention being paid across these message boards.

I am not even sure the lad even played above League 1 & League 2 levels.

Now that does not mean he is not the greatest thing since sliced bread or that he is not the right option for us but in the broader scheme of things the whole 'internet" circus" over this process is wildy over the top.

There are other good coaches and managers out there.

Grapevine49
  • Options
    ''He's got the whole world in his hands,
    He's got the whole world in his hands,
    He's got the whole world in his hands,
    Eddie, Eddie Howe...''
  • Options
    ive lost the will to live
  • Options
    As young as Eddie Howe, Grapevine? and have they brought a club up through a very low moment in their history too?Please feel free to offer some alternatives?.....
  • Options
    Hope slater has got someone else ready , because id like to see an appointment by Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]As young as Eddie Howe, Grapevine? and have they brought a club up through a very low moment in their history too?Please feel free to offer some alternatives?.....[/quote

Kin what??
  • Options
    What exactly has youth got to do with it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Grapevine49[/cite]What exactly has youth got to do with it?[/quote]

all old people say that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Grapevine49[/cite]What exactly has youth got to do with it?

all old people say that

No they don't (and I know cos I'm one of them). What we say is youth is wasted on the young....
  • Options
    I don't believe it, Gazza would have far more than a four pack. Unless it was like that Likely Lads fishing trip, 'I'd give you a beer, but I've only got six'!
  • Options
    Younger, fresher, hungrier, need i say more?
  • Options
    Guilty as charged - I do/ they do but sometimes ......just sometimes it actually applies
  • Options

Or love?
  • Options
    Sorry - I need to go and lay down now
  • Options
    from what i've heard bournemouth can't afford the increase in wages of their playing staff if they get promoted to the championship so would have to let go of a couple of players. I think this is probably the main issue howe has with the bournemouth board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Howe seems an outstanding candidate and it will be a shame
    If he goes to palace.

However, wasn't parkinson once a highly sought after young manager who had gotten promoted from league one on a shoestring???
  • Options
    It was back on page 12 that it was reported that Sky were claiming at around 11am this morning he was signing with us. We've managed to drivel on for another six pages since then, with no hard facts at all.

I think we've all done really splendidly today. Almost as good as the takeover threads. Pats on the back all round !!!
  • Options
    Howe seems an outstanding candidate and it will be a shame
    If he goes to palace.

However, wasn't parkinson once a highly sought after young manager who had gotten promoted from league one on a shoestring???
  • Options
    Bournemouth = Gods waiting room!
    Move the dugout to the East stand, that will make Eddie feel at home, could be a deal clincher.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Howe seems an outstanding candidate and it will be a shame
    If he goes to palace.

Indeed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]

Or love?

And how can we be lovers if we can't be friends?
  • Options
    AFKA -has anyone ever calculated the cost to the British economy while we're all on here writing and reading this drivel instead of working?

Probably runs into billions per year !
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2011
    Eddie Howe is 1/10 with Skybet to go Palace although we know that can mean nothing...
  • Options
    1/10 to go to Palace

1/4 to come to us

Skybet not helping as usual!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]It was back on page 12 that it was reported that Sky were claiming at around 11am this morning he was signing with us. We've managed to drivel on for another six pages since then, with no hard facts at all.

I think we've all done really splendidly today. Almost as good as the takeover threads. Pats on the back all round !!![/quote]

The site's back to normal then...

And Parky came in as Pardew's assistant, it was Pardew who was the highly thought of manager...

Comparisons between him and Howe should cease there, Pardew was lazy and thought the Charlton job a little below him, although the money was no doubt handy. Eddie Howe strikes me as the type who'll look forward to the challenge.