Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]Henry, you are a very naughty boy.

No I'm the messiah : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't know if anyone saw Meridian Tonight? They said;

"Bournemouth look set to be a manager down as Howe is deciding his future, After turning down the top position at Championship Giants Crystal Palace he is considering a move to their South London rival club 'Charlton Athletic'"

: - )

Yes Henry. I am perfectly aware that my post was grammatically imperfect, however, I was pushed for time.

I think he was pulling your leg, SadieJane. I've already stood him in the corner.
  • Anyone else think its all a bit pathetic? I remember the excitement when pardoo arrived and look what happened . Starting to all sound like a love triangle.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't know if anyone saw Meridian Tonight? They said;

"Bournemouth look set to be a manager down as Howe is deciding his future, After turning down the top position at Championship Giants Crystal Palace he is considering a move to their South London rival club 'Charlton Athletic'"

: - )

Thanks Henry im glad someone got to watch it and just didnt ignore it ;-)

You're welcome. No one else seems to have mentioned it and didn't want it to get lost.
  • Oh dear. Let's just hope we get an announcement soon as the fretting and waiting seems to be taking its toll...
  • I don't suppose anyone saw Meridian Tonight?

What did they say?
  • As I remember it Gilbert

• Ok! I GET IT NOW!

hahahahahahaha and did I say haha?
  • Can't warm to Howe. Could be another Dowie decision in the making. Having said that I do support young managers been given opportunities! Alan Knill or Waddick for eg. If (or when) Howe is appointed it shouldn't be over 2 and a half years.

But for me Mark Robins would be a gem!
  • Thank you for pointing it out Henry otherwise I would have missed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Corkaddick[/cite]Can't warm to Howe. Could be another Dowie decision in the making. Having said that I do support young managers been given opportunities! Alan Knill or Waddick for eg. If (or when) Howe is appointed it shouldn't be over 2 and a half years.

But for me Mark Robins would be a gem!
    You from Co.Cork?
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Liked the sound of him until you said ''shy and modest'', BA. We want him to win promotion from a nasty, dirty, clogging shite league, not to apply for beatification by the Pope !

I know what you're saying IA but I can't think the league below us is full of Proust spouting, flower arrangers and he's done ok so far. In my defence this was from someone who knew him when he was 16 so maybe he's turned into a rabid, child eating, hard drinking, womanising, Gene Hunt of a manager since? Don't think so though...
  • I was thinking that Palace were Championship giants as I read my paper this morning - then I realised my error and turned the tables the right way up!
  • Decision has been made apparently. Only problem is my mates being a complete dick and winding me up by saying it's Liverpool!!!
  • Well one thing for sure. Mr. Howe hasn't exactly bitten our hand off has he !
  • As for salary - the nigels offered £300k and we have offered more.

He went back to the stripeys and asked them to up the dosh, and they told him no way.

He is holding out in case Burnley want to go biggest.

Lovely guy by the sound of it - proper Charlton.

Urggghhhhh.........come back Curbs !
  • Wats the source of that info valiantphil?
  • I dont think anyone should be knocking Howe right now, fair play to him asking for more money.....his toughest task is obviously leaving his beloved club but he also realises that this would be a move in order to progress his career!Why not hold out?
  • I appear to be unique on here now, the only one who has no inside information whatsoever.
  • Howe doesn't strike me as that kind of guy, Valiantphil...

All these rumours are getting on my nerves, people are formulating opinions of the guy already off the back of them. If EH does come in we need a fresh start with positivity, not some negative made up rubbish hanging over us from the off.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]I appear to be unique on here now, the only one who has no inside information whatsoever.

It's easy. All you have to do is read the Bournemouth Echo blog !
  • I have some insider knowledge but it has nothing at all to do with football or of anything of particular interest to anyone, even myself
  • That sounds total rubbish. Until we have evidence to the contrary, we should assume Howe is honourable. This will be confirmed if he stays at Bournemouth or if he comes to us for the right reasons. Having turned down Palace - what would have changed if he now accepts? Then we could have that discussion. But my guess that it is between us and Bournemouth. He is closer to the club than most managers and we have to respect what is a very difficult decision for him. The Bounemouth board will I know have done everything in their power to keep him without risking the future of thier club. He has a chance of promotion with them although without investment, they could slip at the final hurdles but that isn't going to hurt is managerial stock much. The question is when push comes to shove, will it be enough. If our board have offered him decent building funds, I would have thought that we would be pretty appealing - we have good players now and he will have confidence in his ability to get us up and in the Championship we have the set up to be a force.
  • The longer this drags on the more I'm thinking is he right? Do we want someone whose heart potentially isn't completely set on a move to our club? I'm speculating of course and all this could be total rubbish and the delay is just sorting out the wording on contracts etc. I hope I'm wrong but tbh I want someone who desperately wants to manage our club and get us promotion at any cost, whether that be at the expense of his beloved club or not. It's probably just cold feet but I'm having second thoughts about him.
  • For Howe to leave Bournemouth seems like one of the hardest thing he'll have to do, so for him to do it for just for money seems absurd. He'd do it for the best oppurtunity to progress as a manager, i'm not buying this money malarky for a minute
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]The longer this drags on the more I'm thinking is he right? Do we want someone whose heart potentially isn't completely set on a move to our club? I'm speculating of course and all this could be total rubbish and the delay is just sorting out the wording on contracts etc. I hope I'm wrong but tbh I want someone who desperately wants to manage our club and get us promotion at any cost, whether that be at the expense of his beloved club or not. It's probably just cold feet but I'm having second thoughts about him.

Do you want someone to NOT think about it?? Surely we dont want any manager who makes unconsidered decisions, not again (pardew/dowie)
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I have some insider knowledge but it has nothing at all to do with football or of anything of particular interest to anyone, even myself

Source?
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]That sounds total rubbish. Until we have evidence to the contrary, we should assume Howe is honourable. This will be confirmed if he stays at Bournemouth or if he comes to us for the right reasons. Having turned down Palace - what would have changed if he now accepts? Then we could have that discussion. But my guess that it is between us and Bournemouth. He is closer to the club than most managers and we have to respect what is a very difficult decision for him. The Bounemouth board will I know have done everything in their power to keep him without risking the future of thier club. He has a chance of promotion with them although without investment, they could slip at the final hurdles but that isn't going to hurt is managerial stock much. The question is when push comes to shove, will it be enough. If our board have offered him decent building funds, I would have thought that we would be pretty appealing - we have good players now and he will have confidence in his ability to get us up and in the Championship we have the set up to be a force.

This.
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]For Howe to leave Bournemouth seems like one of the hardest thing he'll have to do, so for him to do it for just for money seems absurd. He'd do it for the best oppurtunity to progress as a manager, i'm not buying this money malarky for a minute

And this.
  • Yes, Mutley. You are right. It is a difficult decision for him.

But those who sugggest the minute-by-minute rolling news spectacle of this all-too-public auction is unseemly are also correct.

I doubt that is entirely Mr Howe's fault. And in so far as it is - because he shouldn't really be feeding this Bournemouth blogger all these titbits of information - it is probably because Howe is a decent guy. He knows the journalist concerned and when asked a straight question, feels obliged to give him honest answers. You can't really knock that on an ethical level, even though on the surface it seems a bit naive.

We complained that the takeover process was too secretive. And I'm now complaining that the recruitment of a new manager has turned into a far-too-open circus. I hope that's not hypocrisy on my part : I would have settled for a half-way point on both issues !
  • If he has been informed we have a large transfer budget, that will be a competitive concern for him if he stays at bournemouth ... he will now know what he is up against on the financial side and that may be a worry for him if he stays at dean court.