Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Taking too long.

Parky out.

FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I have some insider knowledge but it has nothing at all to do with football or of anything of particular interest to anyone, even myself

Source?

LOL
  • Options
    I would not like to be stuck behind Eddie Howe at the bar.

"I'll have a pint of Fosters, no, hang on, I'll have......"

Can we just appoint a bloody manager before the weekend!

More seriously, as devious as it sounds, this is why the bigger clubs tap up and secure their new manager before they sack the incumbent, it does make life much easier.

Not a nice way to operate but better for the club doing the sacking - but not for the club who has their boss tapped up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]I have some insider knowledge but it has nothing at all to do with football or of anything of particular interest to anyone, even myself

Source?

Guiness mainly
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]The longer this drags on the more I'm thinking is he right? Do we want someone whose heart potentially isn't completely set on a move to our club? I'm speculating of course and all this could be total rubbish and the delay is just sorting out the wording on contracts etc. I hope I'm wrong but tbh I want someone who desperately wants to manage our club and get us promotion at any cost, whether that be at the expense of his beloved club or not. It's probably just cold feet but I'm having second thoughts about him.

Do you want someone to NOT think about it?? Surely we dont want any manager who makes unconsidered decisions, not again (pardew/dowie)

Agree Scruffle.

So he takes a few days to think over his decisions and weigh up the options. No bad thing in my mind.

And is it really dragging on so long. Recruitment can take weeks if not months. How long since parky was sacked? five days? No time at all really considering.

A few hours, days or even weeks more will not make him a worse (or better) manager so let's wait and see. If he comes he comes, if not we move on.

ValiantPhil, you really need to back up what you are claiming with a source. Sounds a bit like something a Palace fan would say to an Addick to soften the blow of maybe missing out. Not digging you out but just throwing stuff out like that isn't on IMHO.
  • Options
    Polo, go beat the answer out of your mate
  • Options
    Got a feeling he's going to join Palace.

Who would we go for next? They'll know they weren't first choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]The longer this drags on the more I'm thinking is he right? Do we want someone whose heart potentially isn't completely set on a move to our club? I'm speculating of course and all this could be total rubbish and the delay is just sorting out the wording on contracts etc. I hope I'm wrong but tbh I want someone who desperately wants to manage our club and get us promotion at any cost, whether that be at the expense of his beloved club or not. It's probably just cold feet but I'm having second thoughts about him.

Do you want someone to NOT think about it?? Surely we dont want any manager who makes unconsidered decisions, not again (pardew/dowie)

Agree Scruffle.

So he takes a few days to think over his decisions and weigh up the options. No bad thing in my mind.

And is it really dragging on so long. Recruitment can take weeks if not months. How long since parky was sacked? five days? No time at all really considering.

A few hours, days or even weeks more will not make him a worse (or better manager) so let's wait and see.

ValiantPhil, you really need to back up what you are claiming with a source. Sounds a bit like something a Palace fan would say to an Addick to soften the blow of maybe missing out.

If he comes he comes, if not we move on.
    Yeah, we could easily have done a Blackburn or Liverpool and get a caretaker manager till end of season. This appointment is massive for the club, no need to rush.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Polo, go beat the answer out of your mate

He's bigger than me :( I'm trying the reverse psychology. Next will be bribing him as he owes me 20 notes from a bet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]

Source?

Guiness mainly

And what does he say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Got a feeling he's going to join Palace.

Who would we go for next? They'll know they weren't first choice.

Whoever loses is in big trouble.
  • Options
    charlton offered me job but had to turn it down cant leave phoenix sports
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Agree Scruffle.

A few hours, days or even weeks more will not make him a worse (or better manager) so let's wait and see.

ValiantPhil, you really need to back up what you are claiming with a source. Sounds a bit like something a Palace fan would say to an Addick to soften the blow of maybe missing out.

If he comes he comes, if not we move on.
    Yeah, we could easily have done a Blackburn or Liverpool and get a caretaker manager till end of season. This appointment is massive for the club, no need to rush.
    But it seems the club is rushing
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Polo, go beat the answer out of your mate

He's bigger than me :( I'm trying the reverse psychology. Next will be bribing him as he owes me 20 notes from a bet.

Get the feeling he's letting you down softly
  • Options
    Gary Johnson just left peterboro, could he be on his way ?
  • Options
    Howe is odds on for the Burnley job so that's that.
  • Options
    Surely he's not going to up sticks and go up North... I assume Burnley will just keep battering Watford's door down, they won't be able to say no to a few bob
  • Options
    Think there is far too much assumption on here on who is telling who what? How do we know that this Echo jorno is actually being fed info by Howe himself? I don't think it's about just money for Howe. Big decision for him s he's lived on the south coast all his life, family settled etc. That he's taking his time doesnt bother me, if he decides to come I want him to be certain about it. If he comes then fantastic, if he doesn't then we move on to the next on the list.
  • Options
    Maradonna has been offered a job in English football. Surely not us
  • Options
    Im not sure that is that robroy, the odds have been changing by the minute! This whole affair has become a bit of a circus and I for one will be glad once its concluded one way or another...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have Gary Johnson, good manager just didn't work out for him at Peterbrough.
  • Options
    Let's get Martin Pringle in.
  • Options
    Oh what a circus !
    Howe speaks to Charlton on Sunday & is accused of taking far too long to decide & can't make his mind up by Monday.
    It's also hardly his fault if someone is spying on his every move & tweeting what he's eating for lunch FFS
    Some people on here, need to take a step back.
    Anyway hope he does sign for us :-)
  • Options
    In pre-internet days, none of this would happen - or at least there would be no opportunity for minute-by-minute scrutiny.

And so he feels he needs to take a little time to come up with the right decision for his family.
    It might be his wife who is apprehensive of uprooting their settled family from their home, and their children who are upset at the prospect of losing their friends.

Those who seem to be critical of Howe, just step into his shoes for a minute.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] That he's taking his time doesnt bother me, if he decides to come I want him to be certain about it. If he comes then fantastic, if he doesn't then we move on to the next on the list.

Problem is every time someone takes their time and then says no, we are back to square one and have to start the process all over again.

There's only about three weeks of the transfer window left. If we get knocked back two or three times by charcters like Howe ''taking their time'', we end up appointing a manager with a week of the window left.

Unless you really believe Wise has already lined up the transfer targets for his mate Jiminez anyway, in which case whether we appoint a manager on Jan 11 or Jan 31 doesn't really matter?

The Curbs as our very own King Kenny caretaker until the end of the season increasingly sounds like the best option to me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Oh what a circus !
    Howe speaks to Charlton on Sunday & is accused of taking far too long to decide & can't make his mind up by Monday.
    It's also hardly his fault if someone is spying on his every move & tweeting what he's eating for lunch FFS
    Some people on here, need to take a step back.
    Anyway hope he does sign for us :-)

Yeah.Have some bloody patience.We waited three years to be taken over and we still don't know who the bloody hell they are.
    Wind your necks in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] if he decides to come I want him to be certain about it. If he comes then fantastic, if he doesn't then we move on to the next on the list.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    He hasn't even bought a house in Chislehurst yet. It is time to stop the dithering.
  • Options
    very little business is being done in the transfer window, probably not helped by how many managers are at risk or are out of jobs which is killing the market. Not massively worried about players at the moment
  • Options
    Last time I looked on Skybet it was Howe for:
    Burnley 2/5
    Charlton1/3
    palarse 2/7

Didn't lay odds re staying put.
    Burnley the bookies favourites a bit of a surprise.
    Can't be bothered to look at the other bookies.