Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]This Medrum bloke at the B. Echo is currently enjoying the biggest gig of his life.

Can you blame him? He'll get a pay rise out of this!

Not as big as the one Eddie's angling for, though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite].

Source?

;
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    He will stay at Bournemouth or go to Palace.

We will then make a statement along the lines of how hard we tried to get a young manager in Eddie Howe but failed so, in the interests of stability, we have a contingency plan so please give a warm welcome to.....................DENNIS WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You read it here first

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite].

Source?

;

OK, but find that slightly worrying if true. Just hope you're wrong.
  • Options
    This is exciting isnt it
  • Options
    Twitter from @chislehurst

Confirmation that #cafc remain in discussion with EH and #afcb
    #cpfc considering offer from J Acworth.

LOL
  • Options
    I think the "time to consider" means he's on his way to CPFC/CAFC (delete the one he won't accept) so that they have the honour of unveiling him and getting his signature.

Look out for a convoy of tractors, combine harvesters and other agricultural vehicles moving along Wessex Way and onto the M3.
  • Options
    Charlton press conference at 5pm
  • Options
    Coming soon to a cinema near you. Carry On Howe! The rib tickling adventures of an undecided football manager. Starring Sid James as Eddie "anyone else interested in me" Howe, Bernard Bresslaw as Jason Tindall and Charles Hawtrey as a very confused supporter. Yes, it's a laugh a minute down at the Valley these days as, still out of work, Curbs applies to manage the club shop and Kevin Nolan and Colin Cameron are seen at Abbey Road studios making a rap version of "The Red, Red Robin".
  • Options
    According to the Echo blog Charlton have called a press conference for 17.00???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this where we start the Parkinson to Bournemouth rumour?
  • Options
    Big punt. Wheres the experience?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]Big punt. Wheres the experience?[/quote]

Howe looks about 11 years old!
  • Options
    Charlie Connelly made the best comment:

Hope Eddie Howe's better at picking a team than he is at picking a club.
  • Options
    Bournemouth Chairman has spoken to the press:
    He confirms no decision has been made and there is no timeframe on the decision. Eddie Howe has not resigned.
    Mitchell says Eddie Howe has his family to consider in his decision.
    by Neil Meldrum at 4:22 PM........

What is there to consider he will not be living locally will he!

Blackheath or Chiselhurst if it is Charlton.

Bromley or Epsom the other.......

Probably does not want to leave Sandbanks....... do not blame him!
  • Options
    Not another bloody press conference rumour!

Can you get from Bournemouth to SE7 in that time?

Has Mr Echo reported the new bids from West Ham and Chelsea yet?
  • Options
    If he does stay at bournemouth you cant help thinking it will be good for football in general very unique if he does.
  • Options
    The way he sneaked out the fire exit to avoid the press shows he is a tactical genius who gets his teams play pass and move football and clever set pieces.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Not another bloody press conference rumour!

Can you get from Bournemouth to SE7 in that time?

Slater is letting him use his private jet ;-)
  • Options
    Odds on Eddie Howe to succeed Fabio Cappello have just been dramamtically slashed to 500-1...I beat the Bourmeouth Echo blog on that piece of breaking news. Impressive, eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just had a call from local Estate Agent asking if we want to sell our house to a family moving from Bournemouth.

Most likely just a coincidence.
  • Options
    If he turns down both us and Palace, having already turned down Southampton, then you have to wonder what job he will ever take.
  • Options
    I really hope we're not trying to get one over on Palace again like we did with Dowie.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Interesting stuff from Steve Parish

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/Palace-chairman-says-Freedman-likely-charge-Swansea/article-3082474-detail/article.html
  • Options
    CHARLTON LIFE EXCLUSIVE: Gazza has arrived at Eddie Howe's family home with a fishing rod, 4-pack of Stella and some fried chicken.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I really hope we're not trying to get one over on Palace again like we did with Dowie.

Unlikely, that was personal with RM and SJ and a neither are really in the equation now.
  • Options
    If he stays, good on him he is doing great for his club and they may have to wait a long time for another chance to get to the Championship. Either way he'd have plenty of opportunities in the summer.
  • Options
    queensland_addick 42 seconds ago quote# 682
    I really hope we're not trying to get one over on Palace again like we did with Dowie..
    'Outrageous 'comment queensland....... was thinking the same myself!
  • Options
    Croydon Advertiser:

PALACE chairman Steve Parish seems to have given up hope of winning the signature of number one target Eddie Howe.

The club’s internet-message boards have been flooded all day long with rumours and speculation regarding the future of the Bouremouth boss.

Howe has been locked in talks with Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell this afternoon and is set to make a decision on his future tonight, with Charlton and Burnley also chasing the 33-year-old’s services.

Latest reports on the south coast suggest that Palace have gone back in with an improved offer for Howe and are waiting to hear back.

But, speaking exclusively to the Advertiser, Parish said unless something “extraordinary happens tonight” he expects Freedman to take the reins again at the Liberty Stadium.

“As it stands we are still looking for a new manager,” he said. “No one has accepted the job and unless something extraordinary happens tonight I expect Dougie will be in charge for Swansea.

“He has kindly agreed to do so and as it stands that’s what we are planning for.”

On the reports about Howe, Parish said: “There’s a huge amount of speculation about one person but there’s a lot of other people we are also talking to.”
  • Options
    Good point about it being good for football if he stays at Bournemouth. I suspect he is probably going if he needs to sleep on it. Honestly can't see it being Palace- he has ruled them out already - the only reason he could reconsider whould be down to money now and that would be as clear as day to everybody. It has to be between Bournemouth and us. I think if he goes, he will site the reason as being down to potential - I think he was a bit disgruntled about losing McQuoid and the backing he has had - which is a bit unfair as the Bournemouth board have done a great job in difficult circumstances and they can't jeopordise the club after what they have been through in recent years. Having said that, I'm sure the Bournemouth board will have made him promises as far as they can and you never know. Will probably depend on what he has been promised by our board, I presume it is sufficiently attarctive to have a chance of prising him out of Bournemouth.