Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Handy if you are negotiating with your own club and/or Charlton that another higher offer comes in from Palace at the last minute. Bumps up your wages a bit.

then again it could be handy for an AFCB chairman negotiating a compensation package with Charlton that another offer has come in from Palace, alledgedly.

Whatever will be will be.

ABW
  • Options
    The longer this goes on the lower our chances get in my opinion. Longer suggests more negotiations which suggests new contract.
  • Options
    You know what? If he does come to us, Parkinson for Bournemouth is not a bad call for them...

And that really would guarantee we end up playing Bournemouth in the play-offs!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That's pretty much been my view since it was said he took training at Bmouth this morning. If it was just to say goodbyes to the players, then that would have leaked out by now the way this soap opera is being carried out. I'm sure there is a new contract offer being pushed his way this afternoon.

Whatever way he chooses, he's going to be earning a lot more money tomorrow than he is today.

Inclined to agree with this.Shame.The more i found out about him the more i liked him.Could have been good for us.

What now??

He's not dead - we can still get him

Power of Positive Thinking

He's not dead? That's a bonus. One of the first qualities in a new manager that I'd look for although there's no guarantees that the board will think the same. Bob Paisley would have been a much better choice than Dowie, for example.
  • Options
    The same person who asked Harry the question said this morning dont pin your hopes on Howe coming,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The same person who asked Harry the question said this morning dont pin your hopes on Howe coming,

GOOD
  • Options
    I hope all his suitors have given him a deadline. 5pm tonight not unreasonable.

At the moment he has got directors, players and fans at three different clubs not knowing who their bloody manager is going to be this time tomorrow!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The same person who asked Harry the question said this morning dont pin your hopes on Howe coming,

GOOD
    Don't you have sources who know those within the club? Apologies if not just thought I read that before in your other posts.
  • Options

GOOD

What is it with you, you are dead set against him coming here but when asked who you want you do not know. It is clear the guy is well loved in Bournemouth and has done a great job for them, if, and its a big if he could do the same here wouldn't you be happy?

And before you bang on about its a big chance etc everything is a chance, Curbs never fell through the gate promising the earth, he built it up including our respect for the man.
  • Options
    Always an uncomfortable feeling to win an auction for someone's services.
    Hope he stays where he is if he really is playing the field.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]

GOOD
    Don't you have sources who know those within the club? Apologies if not just thought I read that before in your other posts.

to be honest the source who gave me some info has been told to f--k off got it right about the take over since then let me down, if howe gets the job he will get my support but i really would have liked poyet in charge.
  • Options
    Curbs was 33 when he took over at Charlton, just saying
  • Options
    Howe is a great manager, how can anybody not want him here?
  • Options
    but with respect boogica poyet seems, and may have been shown to be, dreamland
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Always an uncomfortable feeling to win an auction for someone's services.

He's not playing the field at all.

He was offered a job last week (CPFC) and appears to have rejected it in favour of staying at his current club or maybe a better offer. We then made an approach which has got him thinking and now his own club are fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

He's doing the sensible thing rather than just taking the first thing offered to him. I'd rather he did the right thing than just follow the wonga
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Curbs was 33 when he took over at Charlton, just saying

You've just made Oohaah have an accident
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Curbs was 33 when he took over at Charlton, just saying

Christ died at the age of 33 and in numerology 33 is considered the perfect number.

There are also 33 ranks in Freemasonry and 33 vertebrae in the human spine

The number 33 is called the Master Teacher Number. A combination of 11 and 22, these individuals has transcended their own desires and usually devote their lives to the spiritual enlightenment of mankind. These unique individuals are often characterized by their sincere devotion to humanity. 33 individuals are extremely rare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]but with respect boogica poyet seems, and may have been shown to be, dreamland

seems that way .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Always an uncomfortable feeling to win an auction for someone's services.

He's not playing the field at all.

He was offered a job last week (CPFC) and appears to have rejected it in favour of staying at his current club or maybe a better offer. We then made an approach which has got him thinking and now his own club are fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

He's doing the sensible thing rather than just taking the first thing offered to him. I'd rather he did the right thing than just follow the wonga

Agreed.
    I'd be more worried about his charactor if he accepted the job without a concious. Nothing so far has given me the impression it's about money and he's playing anybody. He's waying up the options and it's only been a few days ffs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]

GOOD

to be honest the source who gave me some info has been told to f--k off got it right about the take over since then let me down, if howe gets the job he will get my support but i really would have liked poyet in charge.
    Ok that's fair enough, so your statement about Howe definitely not being our first choice, does that not apply anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Press conference at 3?
  • Options
    Press Conference at 3pm
  • Options
    According to that blog, there is a press conference at the valley at 3?
  • Options
    press conference in 10 mins apparently hold onto your hats
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Any news about a Charlton press conference?
  • Options
    Just a statement now.
  • Options
    Lol, We will all implode if they roll Dennis Wise out.
  • Options
    A statement...
  • Options
    not a press conference as first thought but statement from CAFC?
  • Options
    I heard there's a press conference at 3pm :o 0