Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Right if Eddie does come onboard , I can't help but feel he may want to "Cherry" pick a player from them so he has an ally on the playing staff.

congrats to cfgs for being the first to use a bad "cherry" joke. It could have been a lot worse (or cruder)

: - )

Well he will soon lose his not being booed by his own fans "cherry" soon enough, I give it three home games ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Right if Eddie does come onboard , I can't help but feel he may want to "Cherry" pick a player from them so he has an ally on the playing staff.

congrats to cfgs for being the first to use a bad "cherry" joke. It could have been a lot worse (or cruder)

I was hoping he wouldn't "pip" me
  • [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]

Thanks for posting that. Hard not to start feeling excited after reading it.

Now I'm feeling sorry for the Bournemouth supporters! They don't deserve it any more than we deserved Dowie or Pardew, but I guess it's all part of being a football supporter.

• That is quite a recommendation! Like the sound of this.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I was hoping he wouldn't "pip" me

sure you're not stoned?
  • Having scrambled eggs and toast at the moment.
  • Howe is young enough to still be managing the club in 30 years time.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Howe is young enough to still be managing the club in 30 years time.

Now that is real long-term thinking!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Having scrambled eggs and toast at the moment.

And bacon
  • I think he's going to stay at Bournemouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Big question is...

Does he get the Eddie Youds song?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think he's going to stay at Bournemouth

me too. worried.
  • Just said on talkshite Eddie Howe is going palarse
  • Finished his eggs and bacon and is now in the Ground (Bournemouths). That blog is great.

Well I don't get the impression he is massively driven by money - more about enjoyment of his job.

He sounds like he is in a comfort zone in Bournemouth and the biggest decision he has to make is whether or not to uproot his life and move it up to the big smoke.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Just said on talkshite Eddie Howe is going palarse

They always get it wrong - that's probably last weeks report

*commences prayer*

That's pretty much been my view since it was said he took training at Bmouth this morning. If it was just to say goodbyes to the players, then that would have leaked out by now the way this soap opera is being carried out. I'm sure there is a new contract offer being pushed his way this afternoon.

Whatever way he chooses, he's going to be earning a lot more money tomorrow than he is today.
  • Looks like we have sent JT down there to help persuade him with details of the 'New Bird on Countdown' thread.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Just said on talkshite Eddie Howe is going palarse

rumour mill an hour ago suggested they had made him an improved offer
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think he's going to stay at Bournemouth

That's pretty much been my view since it was said he took training at Bmouth this morning. If it was just to say goodbyes to the players, then that would have leaked out by now the way this soap opera is being carried out. I'm sure there is a new contract offer being pushed his way this afternoon.

Whatever way he chooses, he's going to be earning a lot more money tomorrow than he is today.

I think the plan was always to go back down there and take training - even if just to say goodbyes.

The Chairman was always going to try to persuade him to stay - again this was planned for today.

His decision isn't likely to be today methinks
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is howe i hope he would have a peacock lawerence type along side him to help him along as a number 2.
  • Skysports are reasonably reliable as well, they announced Parky got sacked about an hour before it was offcial. I reckon he's on his way here.
  • The Old Bill are there now...?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]The Old Bill are there now...?

I've just checked the MET website and there's no news Confirming Howe's the new manager.
  • I've seen the same rumour on the BBS and Twitter about the second Palace offer, I suspect we can just match it if it's a cash thing.

Gut instinct tells me he'll stay at Bournemouth, according to Matt Bond from the BBC he's on £100k a year there
  • this made me laugh:

police turn up at DC - a strange last throw of the dice by mitchell - not sure an acapella version of roxanne is going to swing it #afcb
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That's pretty much been my view since it was said he took training at Bmouth this morning. If it was just to say goodbyes to the players, then that would have leaked out by now the way this soap opera is being carried out. I'm sure there is a new contract offer being pushed his way this afternoon.

Inclined to agree with this.Shame.The more i found out about him the more i liked him.Could have been good for us.

What now??
  • I have a horrible feeling he is not going to move
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That's pretty much been my view since it was said he took training at Bmouth this morning. If it was just to say goodbyes to the players, then that would have leaked out by now the way this soap opera is being carried out. I'm sure there is a new contract offer being pushed his way this afternoon.

Inclined to agree with this.Shame.The more i found out about him the more i liked him.Could have been good for us.

What now??

He's not dead - we can still get him

Power of Positive Thinking
  • apparently in Howe and Tindall are in a meeting with the Bournemouth chairman right now and Palace have made an improved offer?