Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Hughton, maybe Fergie Jnr, potentially Johnson.

From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.

If Howe was motivated by money he'd have gone to Southampton a few months ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]What i AM sure of though is that i want a manager who is DELIGHTED to be offered our job, can't believe his luck, and is 100% motivated and eager to come in and attack it to take us forward.

The longer this has dragged on and been played very much in the, the more i'm feeling that this doesn't seem the guy for that. Which is a shame because i rate him.
    That's what I'm feeling now as well.
  • Options
    I think he's torn between his love (Bournemouth) and the better job/money and career chances at CPFC and CAFC

It's a BIG decision for anybody
  • Options
    But we've just sacked the guy who really wanted the job.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.[/quote]

Potenially true, though you have to balance by thinking the cynical view is to put that around when you have missed out on something.

What i AM sure of though is that i want a manager who is DELIGHTED to be offered our job, can't believe his luck, and is 100% motivated and eager to come in and attack it to take us forward.

The longer this has dragged on and been played very much in the, the more i'm feeling that this doesn't seem the guy for that. Which is a shame because i rate him.[/quote]

Or...hes the type of chap who weighs up his options, decides what he wants and then goes for it 100%!!!
  • Options
    I got a text from the same guy who told us what Harry said about Howe

Dont Pin your hopes on you getting Howe,

yesterday before Lunch This fat tosser then got a text this morning saying he aint coming

Font of all knowledge will win this 1 nil you watch and learn Losers ;-)

I am in the same boat as AFKA i rated him but he couldnt choose and the longer it went on the less i wanted him

remember Coppel at Citeh this will be the same with Howe he needs to stay at AFCB because he is not ready to leave
  • Options
    Prepare for disappointment.
  • Options
    @SLPsport #cafc sources seem to think that #cpfc have got their man - Howe-zat for Eagles?
  • Options
    Howe's meeting with players delayed til 12? RUMOUR TASTIC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    From what I understand, Howe has been flirting like no one's business and asking for more and more.

Potenially true, though you have to balance by thinking the cynical view is to put that around when you have missed out on something.

What i AM sure of though is that i want a manager who is DELIGHTED to be offered our job, can't believe his luck, and is 100% motivated and eager to come in and attack it to take us forward.

The longer this has dragged on and been played very much in the, the more i'm feeling that this doesn't seem the guy for that. Which is a shame because i rate him.

Too simplistic, AFKA. What if Howe does feel exactly this way about us ... but also about Bournemouth too?

Life isn't always about absolutes. It's about comparisons too. So it could be that he feels the difference between us and Bournemouth isn't great enough to warrant a move.

Just saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a massive decision to uproot your family and leave a club where you're a legend. I don't blame him for taking his time. (unless he ends up at palace!)
  • Options
    25/1 on now on Sky Bet for the Palace job
  • Options
    for some
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]But we've just sacked the guy who really wanted the job.

Understatement of the day!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Prepare for disappointment.
    We're Charlton fans, isn't that our natural state?
  • Options
    solentsport
    #afcb chairman Eddie Mitchell tells us that a decision on the future of Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall will be reached by the end of today

BBCSolentSport
    #afcb chairman Eddie Mitchell says 'negotiation' and 'talking' is continuing with his management team of Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall

BBCSolentSport
    #afcb chairman Eddie Mitchell has just told BBC Radio Solent that a decision has yet to be reached on the future of manager Eddie Howe

SLPsport
    Just had phonecall from someone who should be in know saying that they expect Howe to stay at #afcb #cafc #cpfc!
  • Options
    He's been showing ankle to everyone, us, Bournemouth, them, and I suspect the Burnley thing came from his agent, playing the field.

I rate the bloke, but it's not the end of the world
  • Options

your a day late i prepared yesterday ;-)
  • Options
    not dissappointed - HOWE is just a time waster if it's taken him this long then he dont want to come so we dont want him
    just get someone quick big month for us and still signed no one !!!

keep Garry Waddock away from Charlton.
  • Options

Staying or going disappointment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

I agree with that. Several pages back in this thread yesterday, I suggested that Howe was the footballing equivalent of a cock-tease (although I find Rothko's ''showing ankle'' a much more elgeant description!). I kind of don't mind that - or, at least, I'd rather have that than a slapper who would sleep with anyone.

If he can't make his mind up which of his suitors to run off with, he's surely right to stay put in the marital home. Assuming he doesn't go to Palace, all we can do is make sure we stuff the b*****d whern we go down to Dean Court on March 26 !
  • Options
    waddock,howe,exciting times
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]It's a massive decision to uproot your family and leave a club where you're a legend. I don't blame him for taking his time. (unless he ends up at palace!)
    It hasn't really dragged on, taking a few days to decide on a big decision is fine surely. It just seems like it's dragging if you are hitting refresh every 10 minutes on here and the Bournemouth blog!
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2011
    NEW SKYBET ODDS

Palace: 1/25
    Charlton: Betting closed!
  • Options
    Andy Scott at Brentford is doing well[/quote]

Where my £10 has gone, even though I think Hughton is our best suitor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]It's a massive decision to uproot your family and leave a club where you're a legend. I don't blame him for taking his time. (unless he ends up at palace!)
    It hasn't really dragged on, taking a few days to decide on a big decision is fine surely. It just seems like it's dragging if you are hitting refresh every 10 minutes on here and the Bournemouth blog!

Exactly.

In any case if AFKA is correct then CAFC may have moved on already.

The leak to Sky of "6 on a short-list" could be read as "We're out of this one and moving on to other candidates of whom we have a few so see you latter Eddie"
  • Options
    Once SSN last night said that they had news on Eddie Howe and Charlton and then said he is one of 5 we are looking at i said to the missus thats him out then,

I really hope we had made that decision last night and had moved on we are obviously shopping in the same store as Scum, and now Pboro and Burnley and we need to get to the tills first this time
  • Options
    I am really bored with this now. I am not going to look on a Charlton blog until we have appointed a new manager.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]NEW SKYBET ODDS

Palace: 1/25
    Charlton: Betting closed!

Not on the Skybet site i'm on.

Howe Evens
    Wise 3/1
    Curbs 8/1
    Waddock 8/1
    Coleman 10/1
    Hasselbaink 12/1