Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    SLP reporting Palace have competition... backs up your link CA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]On Twitter
    Radio Solent Sport Exclusive:

BBC Radio Solent understands that Charlton Athletic have also made Eddie Howe their preferred choice as manager #cafc #cpfc
    SLP says another club is interested but doesn't say who.
  • Options
    SLP: Heard #cafc enquired about Howe and were told he was "already going to another club"...
  • Options
    Just had a cheeky score on Howe at 10s... that'll shoot his price down.
  • Options
    Betting suspended on Howe to Palace now. Shame.
  • Options
    I'd assume he'll choose Palace but wouldn't mind him coming here.
  • Options
    Sounds like we were too late, they can offer him a league higher but if we can prove funds are available then we could have more potential.
  • Options
    Big if's... IF the rumours are true and he is on ourshortlist and IF we have been fannying around pretending we could attract Poyet in our wildest dreams while we could have been working on something more realistic like this it's a bit of a joke isn't it.
  • Options
    Missed out there - major bummer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]SLP: Heard #cafc enquired about Howe and were told he was "already going to another club"...
    Though only 5 mins before they suggested it's far from a done deal

Definitely think it is right that Howe is the one #cpfc want - heard that earlier today - but sounded like work still to be done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (very) obviously, I am biased. But surely, us with cash is a better prospect than the stripeys? As Isaw says, Southampton would have been a much better bet than them too. It looks like we are too late, but you never know.
  • Options
    Can't help thinking we're lumbered with Wise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Can't help thinking we're lumbered with Wise

hoping/praying that that's not the case!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]On Twitter
    Radio Solent Sport Exclusive:

BBC Radio Solent understands that Charlton Athletic have also made Eddie Howe their preferred choice as manager #cafc #cpfc

My Brother wrote that and text me saying Howe moved from 8/1 to 2/1 earlier
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]SSN reporting CPFC have approached Bournemouth to offer the managerial job to Eddie Howe.

Why would he not go to Southampton, to probably be on more money, to manage a bigger club, with probably a better squad, definitely with better resources... a division below, yes ok but with a chance to win silverware straight away and up his stock massively... or palace?

Because he was never offered the job?

Howe has done fantastic at Bournemouth with such little funds, not sure if he could recreate that type of performance level at Charlton or Crystal Palace. Bournemouth is his comfort zone. For his future I reckon he needs to stay at AFCB until the end of the season, if they carry on the way they're doing he could even have them in The Championship come August..
  • Options
    Saintsfan I understood he was offered the job and declined?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Saintsfan I understood he was offered the job and declined?

There were reports that he was offered the Saints job, I seem to remember Bournemouth Echo posting it after it seemed unlikely that Adkins was going to be appointed Saints manager.

The AFCB chairman was the one to break the news, stating that it was 100% truth but he later went on to withdraw that comment and say 'that he understood Howe rejected Saints'. Our chairman came out and said Adkins was the only man he wanted and the only person offered the job.

Me being a Saints fan I will fully believe Cortese, besides Bournemouth's chairman seems to like making false claims in their daily echo (Pitman not for sale, McQuoid going nowhere).

Radio Solent also said that they understood that Howe was only interviewed for the job at SFC.
  • Options
    OK fair do's you have looked into it a lot more than I have though I think all the official sources, e.g. BBC, SKY etc. carried it as Howe turning you down
  • Options
    Cafcpolo has already confirmed Howe has the Palace job if he wants it, his next choice is Watford if Their manager goes to Burnley, so why persist with unfounded speculation?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]OK fair do's you have looked into it a lot more than I have though I think all the official sources, e.g. BBC, SKY etc. carried it as Howe turning you down

Yeah I seem to remember most of them taking AFCB's word for it, Cortese never issued a statement to dismiss the claims it was just mentioned in the statement about Nigel Adkins appointment, he went more into depth at a fans dinner which was a month and a bit after NA had been appointed I think.

I cannot remember a single quote at the time from Eddie Howe stating he had been offered the job though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Cafcpolo has already confirmed Howe has the Palace job if he wants it, his next choice is Watford if Their manager goes to Burnley, so why persist with unfounded speculation?

Sorry I not know Cafcpolo so why are we so certain he is right about Howe and Palace ?
  • Options
    Why make it up that he knows him? He seems like a credible long term poster.....like a lot of sensible posts on here they go unnoticed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Big if's... IF the rumours are true and he is on ourshortlist and IF we have been fannying around pretending we could attract Poyet in our wildest dreams while we could have been working on something more realistic like this it's a bit of a joke isn't it.

And if pigs could fly there'd be pork shit in the sky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Cafcpolo has already confirmed Howe has the Palace job if he wants it, his next choice is Watford if Their manager goes to Burnley, so why persist with unfounded speculation?

Sorry I not know Cafcpolo so why are we so certain he is right about Howe and Palace ?

Polo lives and Bournemouth and knows someone who knows EH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Polo lives and Bournemouth and knows someone who knows EH

That's conclusive then. ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Big if's... IF the rumours are true and he is on ourshortlist and IF we have been fannying around pretending we could attract Poyet in our wildest dreams while we could have been working on something more realistic like this it's a bit of a joke isn't it.

And if pigs could fly there'd be pork shit in the sky.

very constructive
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]SSN reporting CPFC have approached Bournemouth to offer the managerial job to Eddie Howe.

Why would he not go to Southampton, to probably be on more money, to manage a bigger club, with probably a better squad, definitely with better resources... a division below, yes ok but with a chance to win silverware straight away and up his stock massively... or palace?[/quote]

That was before Bournemouth sold McQuoid...

Just because he was interviewed for the saints job doesn't mean that he was offered it, it could be that Saints wanted Adkins as their first choice and were looking around in case he decided not to leave Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Christ, wish I never said anything now.

Can only pass on what I've been told, there has obviously been a lot of speculation on here recently so don't blame people for believing nothing posted. My mate played with EH and also has done some coaching for the Cherries youth so no reason to lie.

Unless he's on a windup of course ;)
  • Options
    Howe could get a better job than Palace if he waited a little longer imo
  • Options
    Ipswich in for him too now apparently.