Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Good! I'd happily accept him as our new manager - got huge ability and done an amazing job at Bournemouth.
  • Options
    Good! I'd happily accept him as our new manager - got huge ability and done an amazing job at Bournemouth.
  • Options
    what a anti climax not what i was hoping for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]got nothing against howe, but the board might as well have stuck with Parkinson if they are going for a lesser experienced manager.

we need someone who knows the game and can adapt to suit. yes bournemouth are doing well and good luck to howe. i actually hope he stays with bournemouth and earns his stripes.

Completely disagree. They are both young managers but that is where the similarity ends. Howe's teams have played good effective football, unlike Parkinson's clueless tactics. What Howe has done at Bournemouth is excellent. Keeps them up with a points deduction (-17?), wins promotion with ease the following season and has them on their way to another one this season. Parkinson had one good season at Colceshter and has struggled everywhere he has been since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wouldn't be that surprised if he stays there.

From reading that BBC link it seems he has made the decision to leave. Hopefully to Floyd Road!

Nice article btw - gives some idea of his impact that he was in the players huddle and had his name chanted all game.
  • Options
    hope he goes palace cant see it
  • Options
    I don't think meeting with us means he definately has the job . If we are interviewing a range of managers then clearly Howe would need to be considered.

Still think it will be one of Jimenez's mates .
  • Options
    I think it could be someone like Howe and Curbishley as the mentor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what a anti climax not what i was hoping for

One of the best managers outside the prem?

Young

In demand

I can't help but think you are being a little ignorant to the fact that he is better placed and more knowledgeable at this level than Zola, wise, Wilkins etc
  • Options
    I think he's a fantastic prospect, ticks every box apart from experience and the ultimate one perhaps... would he choose us over the likes of Palace and Burnley?

Would be a very good appointment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    look its all about views i would find it strange they sack parky for howe im hoping this club are thinking bigger and not putting the future in the hands of a young manager who has managed bournemouth i for one hope he chooses palace what a complete anti climax.
  • Options
    Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, the three best managers in the country over the last 15 years arguably? None of them were much good in their football playing careers. Yeah Wise and Zola were great footballers but have they the management skills of no-mark footballer Howe?
  • Options
    An interesting choice if polo's source is on the money.

I'd like one of Poyet, Hughton or Steve Clarke, but unless we pay stupid money they are not going to manage a L1 club.
  • Options
    reading about you would have to think his going palace
  • Options
    Having mulled it over, I wouldn't mind this bloke having read up on him a bit more.......so a complete turnaround by me and Yes Id sign him up.
  • Options
    Just the sort of manager we should be looking at young hungry no connections. Put sir Alan above him like trollope and sir lennie and see where it goes
  • Options
    We need a good manager who knows the lower leagues for players. It's all well and good saying we can get PL loanees, but can they cut the mustard in League 1? The likes of Martin get shrugged off the ball in this league.......completely different to the cosseted life in the PL
  • Options
    anyone but wise
  • Options
    I would be very happy if he was appointed.
  • Options
    people keep saying that want managers with high level experience but we are league 1 dont forget maybe some managers like hoddle would struggle at this level, i think howe would be worth a shot young, ambitious, point to prove why not give him a shot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A risk but so would any choice.

Proven at our current level but not above.

Would be happy IF IF IF it happens. Polo has a good source so believe him but only a meeting. We or he could say no.

His appointment would give me a very good impression of the board. Choosing on qualities rather than name.

ABW
  • Options
    If Eddie Howe is in the frame I’m surprised that Keith Hill and David Flitcroft aren’t being mentioned. They’ve done a fantastic job at Rochdale and the player development there under these two has been unbelievable. For me these Guys are ahead of Howe at this stage and are probably much more likely to be able to adapt to a different environment. They’ve both been around more for one thing.
  • Options
    Would love Eddie Howe, needs the right coaching team but the job he has done at Bournemouth is sensational when you consider the finances and problems they have had. Has made astute signings and judging by the comments on SSN gets his teams playing good football.

Long term option aswell unlike Hoddle/Zola who may only see us a stopgap to get their managerial careers back on track.
  • Options
    Only young, but has a great track record. What he has a achieved with sod all at Bournemouth is amazing - and they play good football. Would be pleased if we get him.

I know that some may still be holding out for a 'big' name, but even if we have heavyweight backers, it's probably a step down too far for the majority of names that have been touted on here.

Interesting days.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A risk but so would any choice.

Proven at our current level but not above.

Would be happy IF IF IF it happens. Polo has a good source so believe him but only a meeting. We or he could say no.

His appointment would give me a very good impression of the board. Choosing on qualities rather than name.

ABW

Agree that last bit. Eddie Howe seemed to me the best for a team building re-start on a 'next season starts here' ticket, but thought he didn't seem the boards 'type'. A risk as you say, but I'll be happy with it.
  • Options
    Even Prem teams with big budgets get it wrong - Liverpool have just parted company with Woy, Chelsea and Man City might well follow.
  • Options
    I have watched Bournemouth live a few times since the O'Driscoll days and I think Howe would be an excellent choice. Whoever the new manager is he must be allowed to bring his own backroom staff in with him, but perhaps with someone like Peacock as a director of football.
  • Options
    Only the last bit A? So are you saying you disagree with the rest?

: - )
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    CHARLTON are set to make a formal approach to Bournemouth to speak to Eddie Howe - who has already been offered the Crystal Palace job.(SOURCE SPL SPORT)

Talking on the fact about backroom staff
    Howe's assistant at Bournemouth - is Exaddick Jason Tindall would that be a factor if he was to move aswell
  • Options
    Would be very happy with Howe as manager, better choice than almost every other manager touted to be in the running.