Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    aint he gone palace yet then?
  • Options
    I would rather get the man in that Howe learned his trade from...O'Driscoll.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I would rather get the man in that Howe learned his trade from...O'Driscoll.

What he said!
  • Options
    Howe loves it at Bournemuff so I doubt he will come.
  • Options
    Which one of the O'Driscoll brothers is this ? The short one or the tall bald one ?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Howe has been offered the Palace job. Palace fans are convinced he has accepted and will put pen to paper after the weekend.
  • Options
    If you're good enough, you're old enough.

If you're not good enough, it doesn't matter how old you are.
  • Options
    Bournemouth are battering Plymouth to go into the automatic spots.
  • Options
    After listening to the interview, I reckon he'll move for the right offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With so many clubs out there looking for a manager he can surely do better than Palace who have no money and are in the relegation zone and candidates for L1 next season.
  • Options
    Interviewed after today's match.

Sounds like he has said goodbye to Bournemouth fans.
  • Options
    1740: Here's some news that might interest Charlton and Crystal Palace fans, by the way - with BBC Sport's Mark Mitchener reporting that Bournemouth's much-coveted manager Eddie Howe told reporters after his side's 3-0 win over Plymouth in League One that he had a "very big decision to make" over his future, though he would not confirm if he had been offered the vacant manager's job at either of the London clubs.
  • Options
    1740: Here's some news that might interest Charlton and Crystal Palace fans, by the way - with BBC Sport's Mark Mitchener reporting that Bournemouth's much-coveted manager Eddie Howe told reporters after his side's 3-0 win over Plymouth in League One that he had a "very big decision to make" over his future, though he would not confirm if he had been offered the vacant manager's job at either of the London clubs.
  • Options
    A bit demeaning if we really are duking it out with Palace for the bloke.

And bloody humilating if he choses them over us...
  • Options
    He would be mad going to the stripey shite.
  • Options
    Apparently been offered more money to become charlton than he has palace... Could be my nigel mate on a wind up though!
  • Options
    Wouldn't be that surprised if he stays there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Apparently been offered more money to become charlton than he has palace... Could be my nigel mate on a wind up though![/quote]

That's not hard to believe, the Palace takeover in the summer was more of a rescue mission than a statement of intent to invest and develop the club. or it could be your friend getting his excuses in first...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]A bit demeaning if we really are duking it out with Palace for the bloke.

He might not have the choice if he goes to palace it doesnt mean he turned us down, saying that i cant see him going there, but his interview suggests he is going somewhere, therefore it is us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SLPsport South London Press
    Howe saying he has tough decision to make. Whether to accept #cpfc offer or not.

SLPsport South London Press
    But #cafc being mentioned as in the mix too. So Howe has got choices.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]A bit demeaning if we really are duking it out with Palace for the bloke.

He might not have the choice if he goes to palace it doesnt mean he turned us down, saying that i cant see him going there, but his interview suggests he is going somewhere, therefore it is us.

Thought he was linked with the Burnley job for ages, or has that been taken now?
  • Options
    Perhaps time to help him out in his decision making and explain why it has to be Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Apparently been offered more money to become charlton than he has palace... Could be my nigel mate on a wind up though!
    or it could be your friend getting his excuses in first...

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Perhaps time to help him out in his decision making and explain why it has to be Charlton.

how much duress is acceptable? lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Perhaps time to help him out in his decision making and explain why it has to be Charlton.

how much duress is acceptable? lol

Mr. Wise may be useful after all - like the thinking!
  • Options
    got nothing against howe, but the board might as well have stuck with Parkinson if they are going for a lesser experienced manager.

we need someone who knows the game and can adapt to suit. yes bournemouth are doing well and good luck to howe. i actually hope he stays with bournemouth and earns his stripes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]got nothing against howe, but the board might as well have stuck with Parkinson if they are going for a lesser experienced manager.

we need someone who knows the game and can adapt to suit. yes bournemouth are doing well and good luck to howe. i actually hope he stays with bournemouth and earns his stripes.

Agree entirely.
  • Options
    He will go - there are too many managerial vacancies around for Bournemouth not to be able to hold on to him. While staying put might be a good idea he's got to be sure that he can keep Bournemouth competitive so that he still looks employable in a year or two. Given that they sold Pitman and McQuoid to stave off financial problems and haven't re-invested the money in new players it could be a good time for him to move up the ladder.
  • Options
    Howe is meeting with Charlton tomorrow am.