Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Howe has done excellently at Bournemouth and would no doubt be a decent punt, but given the sacking of a decent manager when we're still near the top of the table and the target is Championship in August this year not next then I'd be more impressed by the recruiment someone with more of a track record, such as O'Driscoll.
  • Agree to an extent about Curbs but then Curbs had time to become a great manager, he certainly wsn't at first. Our next manager has half a season to get us promoted really.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes rothko I would. We have had world famous names quoted this week and been told to be excited.

But a world famous name doesn't guarantee success. And where were they before they became world famous? Howe isn't world famous yet but h knows? And what did you say when Curbs was initially appointed?
    So we have to give the new manager as long as Curbs had to get us promoted?
  • Really don't think O'Driscoll is a candidate, he has got a good thing going at Donny and turned down the Sheffield Unted job, a club that in some respects is not far off the Premiership, I know they are having a bad season but are still a relatively big club for their level.

Move on from O'Driscoll/Poyet and concentrate on managers we have a chance of getting.
  • Sorry lads just saying. Not saying Jose would be the right choice.

But I wouldn't mind.
  • judging by what his done at bournemouth id be more than happy with howe as manager
  • get this one wrong and were doomed
  • is that what were reaching for what he done at a comfortable seaside club?
  • Who would you like Nolly? Not saying you're wrong, just interested
  • Since when was a 17 point deduction comfortable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes nolly. That seems it. Aim low...
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]is that what were reaching for what he done at a comfortable seaside club?

Don't think it's been particularly comfortable down there. I'd rather look at it as he's cut his teeth there and is ready for the step up.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]is that what were reaching for what he done at a comfortable seaside club?[/quote]

just someone to get us looking like proper automatic promotion contenders as imo under parkinson we never really looked like challenging for those two top spots, fair enough we started well , but after that we always seemed to drop points against teams we really should have been beating
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes rothko I would. We have had world famous names quoted this week and been told to be excited.

Who are the world famous names and who told us to be excited? I'm not being snarky I just must have missed it.
  • edited January 2011
    If it wasn't for Howe, Bournemouth would be a non league team now (that's if they hadn't folded).
    As it is they are above us in The League. He kept them up with a 17 point deduction.
    Next season he got them promoted. All without buying anyone with a transfer embargo.
    This season as they had overachieved I expected them to be relegated.
    He's got them above us.
    As no one is guaranteed to be a success, ie I thought Pardew would do well, I'd be more than happy with him.
  • Don't get you nolly

Curbs wasn't good enough for you and now your judging a manager on the type of town his team plays in.

IF it happens and it is still a big if then it is a risk but I'm not interested in how 'exciting' the appointment is or how big a name they are. I just want a good manager.
  • World famous names - are we talking the likes of Zola, Hoddle and Wilkins?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]World famous names - are we talking the likes of Zola, Hoddle and Wilkins?

Not forgetting wee Dennis.
  • The problem is he's never managed a big club or a crowd with big expectations. How would he cope with the pressure if he got off to a bad start? Some of the other managers out there have managed through these situations and have that experience. I'd rather bring Curbs in as caretaker until the end of the season and offer him a big bonus if he got us promoted. We need a manager to bring excitement and a buzz back to the Valley, to galvanise and reinvigorate the club.
    I know Curbs could never be considered an exciting manager, but he'd instantly have the vast majority of the crowd back on side.
  • Nolly, don't you want Sousa? A guy who has been sacked twice, done nothing in management and was brandished as clueless by one chairman? Really can't see why you are so against Howe
  • Sponsored links:

• Also worth pointing out that Howe has taken his side above us despite losing his two main strikers. Pitman and Mcquaid (sp?).
  • look im probably wrong but why sack parky for a like for like manager,i would like paulo sousa even the one you liked henry steve clarke,still fancy him to go to palace,great what he done at bournemouth but we are no bournemouth
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]World famous names - are we talking the likes of Zola, Hoddle and Wilkins?

Not forgetting wee Dennis.

How could I forget?!

To be fair Zola, Hoddle and Wilkins would all interest me but I can't see any of them taking it and in my humble opinion, I would rather Eddie Howe than any of those three at this point in time
  • Sousa is an OK shout

Clarke would love him to come
  • It'll be worth it just to resurrect the Eddie Youds chant.

Oh Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe
    Oh etc etc
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]look im probably wrong but why sack parky for a like for like manager,i would like paulo sousa even the one you liked henry steve clarke,still fancy him to go to palace,great what he done at bournemouth but we are no bournemouth

Like for like? LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]It'll be worth it just to resurrect the Eddie Youds chant.

Oh Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe, Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe
    Oh etc etc

I thought that earlier! Cracking!
  • Why Clarke and not Howe? Both seem to be as much of a risk, we be punting on a young manager with only experience at a small club in Howe yet with Clarke it would be a punt on a guy who has never been in the top job (on a permanent basis).
  • Oh Eddie, howe I love you, howe I love you
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]is that what were reaching for what he done at a comfortable seaside club?

If I was drinking tea it I would have just spat it out all over my screen! Any idea what's been going on at Bournemouth over the last, well, pretty much 10/15 years?