Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• cheers Sadie... mm he did comment in his interview yesterday that i saw he hinted about maybe having to take his dog for a longer walk??? What appears to be that he has been interviewed by palace and burnley but not us
  • Burnley have made an approach for Malkay Mackay according to 'Sky sources'.
    Jewell is favourite for Ipswich.

I really think its between us and Palace.
  • Now would he prefer a championship side knowing that at best he keeps them up and at worse they get relegated still blackening his record? Or a League 1 side which at worse we stay a league one side and at best he wins us promotion and gains hero status?? I know what I'd pick. However if he is really merely 2nd choice for us he will turn it down.
  • Probably complete rubbish but someone on twitter says Howe has taken the Charlton job.
  • He claims to have spoken to EH.
    Yehh, right!
  • Would he really leave his beloved hometown club for a team lower in the league than them?
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Would he really leave his beloved hometown club for a team lower in the league than them?

I think if he wants to step up he might. So yes.
  • apparently was just at WHL to ask redknapp for advice, just a coincidence he can't seem to be able to just pick up a phone and do it that way and that charlton were the opponents!
  • hello kentaddick where was the proof he was at WHL?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Would he really leave his beloved hometown club for a team lower in the league than them?

We offer more potential for him with new funds coming in, quality stadium and bigger crowds.
  • just rumours! so could be complete bullcrap. Just check twitter and that link for the bournemouth message boards. Been scratching around for proof though!
  • i guess this is like when going back to "why would anyone want to invest in charlton question?" "why would he want to go to charlton or palace?" The impression I got from his interview was that he was practically certain he was leaving. If he goes to palace (we know he has been offered the job?") we know that Malkay has been offered the job at Burnley, so does that rule out Burnley?" Palace (despite being taken over are in Championship struggling at the bottom). We (who are 5th in the league with investment of a 3/4 players could turn us into top 2). He has probably already decided (but playing on his concious.. am i doing the right thing??) by leaving Bournemouth. However if he is going to us there is a potential for 40,000 fans in the stadium longterm. We don't know there what funds will be available? It might be palace can say offer him small amount of transfer money.. us could be in the region of £2 to £3 million, he can bring his own coaching/2nd man set up, a well reknown academy. He could have the best of both worlds.
  • Now into 4/6
  • where is ur link UP....THE.ADDICKS? the one on skybet as both Wise and Howe as 5/6?
  • Who are sly and Eddie m
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]where is ur link UP....THE.ADDICKS? the one on skybet as both Wise and Howe as 5/6?

Oops, meant to put 5/6 sorry :)
  • hey whats the difference of 1/6 ??
  • Cafcpolo was saying the other day that Howe fancied the Watford job if MacKay went to Burnley. As a club I think we are more attractive than Watford but as a team they are currently streets ahead and a good chance they can make the play offs and then who knows could be in the PL next season. What it does say is that if Burnley were interested, if he turned down Peterborough in November and if ourselves and Palace and Watford are interested now then he obviously has something about him. I'm convinced he will leave Bournemouth, you only have to look at their crowd yesterday for a reason why, but where to?
  • I think Howe would be good with us...eventually. unfortuantley we dont really know what kind of board we have, if they are rash and expect instant results (chelsea style), then I cant see it working, if they are seeing the bigger picture it could well work.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2011
    Had our bins with us, couldn't see Eddie in the box and photo not too helpful as I didn't have my long distance lens. Did anyone have a closer view of the bottom extreme right front row corner of the directors box? It really did look like Paolo but he didn't have greying hair, and it was cut shortish. Sat next to an older godfather gorilla type man with pulled down ? Trilby and very dark sunglasses. Didn't see Wise.
  • Think we will find out soon enough one way or the other. His interview on sky he expressed a realisation to make his mind up soon.
  • Eddie M is Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell, Sly is director Steve Sly. Both were part of the new board when Bournemouth came out of admin last year.
  • Thanks Rico.
  • Don't think he'll be coming to us
  • Steve Sly now there is a name you can trust.
  • Howe was at White Hart Lane today according to palarse boards. Curious what Harry will advise? We all know that palace are crap but oddly, their past managers seem to speak highly of them, especially Warnock.
  • My advice to Howe would be to go with his heart. If his heart has stripes on it then it would be no use to us. In any case. Have we actually offered him anything yet ?
  • looked a news article about him.. I didn't know that this but Eddie Howe was sold to another club as they were trying to avoid admin. He stated "he was always going to back to them. He stated I might be a player at another club but I will always be a Bournemouth Supporter", and he returned on loan to them
  • Here is the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/9350835.stm