Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    Eddie Howe now skybet odds on favourite at 1/3 - wise 2/1
  • Options
    The trouble with Eddie Howe is that he looks like he should be playing for Charlton not managing it :)
  • Options
    yep at 36 I never imagined that I would be three years older than our potential new manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]yep at 36 I never imagined that I would be three years older than our potential new manager

cfgs - are you Christian Dailly?

:-)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    would it mean we can re-use the 'Eddie Youds' song if he gets the job...
  • Options
    SLP now reporting that Hill from Rochdale new favourite to take over at Palarse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lordromford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]yep at 36 I never imagined that I would be three years older than our potential new manager

cfgs - are you Christian Dailly?

:-)

nope far too fat and unscottish
  • Options
    very likely Howe is our new boss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]very likely Howe is our new boss
    Can I be the first to say to say Howe out!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know what Howe's reasons were for turning down Southampton earlier this season? Seems strange he would turn down them but then come to us.
    Or is it that he's finally accepted Bournemouth are pretty f*cked and any money he gets in, he'll never get to spend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]very likely Howe is our new boss

Have you heard this from a reliable source - or did you feel it in your waters?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]Eddie Howe now skybet odds on favourite at 1/3 - wise 2/1

Wasn't Howe 1/10 to be Palace manager a few days ago?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charente addick[/cite]Eddie Howe now skybet odds on favourite at 1/3 - wise 2/1

but then he got a far better offer
  • Options
    I am feeling this now, all the peices of he jigsaw are falling into place, its gonna happen
  • Options
    Feel it in my bones haha!
  • Options
    Reported that Bournmouth Chairman holding last minute talks with Howe this afternoon in an attempt to persuade him to stay.
  • Options
    The noise seems to be saying that if he leaves B, it will be for us rather than to a rival offer.

Which if true suggests that S&J set out a persuasive vision for the future of our club and also convinced Howe that they have the money to back it up...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]During the Spurs commentary today, they said Ipswich hope to make an appointment early this week. Would they go for Howe?
    They are set for Jewell, unless something's changed.

The local press is saying Curbs and Holland for Ipswich.

Todays Daily Snail, accrding to BBC gossip column, are saying that Paul Jewell has beaten O'driscoll, Houghton and Curbs to the Ipswich job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    Complete guess but maybe as he has a strong affinity to the fans and moving to a rival would be a kick in the teeth to them.
  • Options
    i dont get this eddie howe worship by a few on here. yes he has done well but at bournemouth! he was a player and was given the job when they went into admin so of course the players rallyed around they did brilliantly but at us he would be unkown and the pressure and expectations would be massive and not somthing he would have ever faced, would he want that or would he cope? this has to be a really thought out appointment and a little bit of experince is dearly needed i think. Eddie will be leaving dean court where he is worshiped and going into the unknown and if things dont go well and we drop out of the playoffs he could be bang in trouble. if it is him i hope he does well and turns out to be a legend in the making just cant see it myself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]The noise seems to be saying that if he leaves B, it will be for us rather than to a rival offer.

Which if true suggests that S&J set out a persuasive vision for the future of our club and also convinced Howe that they have the money to back it up...

I don't think S&J would need to be that persuasive if the choice really is between us and Palace:

Valley or Selhurst, no contest
    Average Crowds, we are better in a league lower
    Investment Oppotunitys, Slater & co seem to have some money, Palace don't.
    History.
  • Options
    We can't appoint Eddie Howe.

Having a CAFC manager who is five years younger than myself would simply be too much of a body-blow to my already creeking self esteem!!!

I remember thinking that Lennie, my first ever CAFC manager, was like some ancient old wizard when he was in charge, I never dreamed that one day I would be older than the manager.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]We can't appoint Eddie Howe.

Having a CAFC manager who is five years younger than myself would simply be too much of a body-blow to my already creeking self esteem!!!

I remember thinking that Lennie, my first ever CAFC manager, was like some ancient old wizard when he was in charge, I never dreamed that one day I would be older than the manager.....

Welcome to the club mate, its all down hill from here!
  • Options

Thanks Bing, much appreciated.

If nothing else its a reminder of how quickly the bloody years go by, Jesus it does not seem five minutes ago sometimes that I was making that bloody trip to Selhurst as a spotty teenager and thinking that Lennie was the Greatest Football Manager In The History of The Whole World.

Now I am closing in on 40 and we are appointing blokes as manager who are barely past 30!
  • Options
    appointing eddie howe would be a big mistake ,if he gets job dont think he would last to long and it would be pay out time again .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]appointing eddie howe would be a big mistake ,if he gets job dont think he would last to long and it would be pay out time again .

Who is your choice then boogica???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Thanks Bing, much appreciated.

If nothing else its a reminder of how quickly the bloody years go by, Jesus it does not seem five minutes ago sometimes that I was making that bloody trip to Selhurst as a spotty teenager and thinking that Lennie was the Greatest Football Manager In The History of The Whole World.

Now I am closing in on 40 and we are appointing blokes as manager who are barely past 30!

Whippersnappers!

My eldest son is almost as old as Christian Dailly.

I can't have long left really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]appointing eddie howe would be a big mistake ,if he gets job dont think he would last to long and it would be pay out time again .

not sure about that but he seems more likely to achieve more without big players that would look at him and say who are you and what have you done? Then again his rep will be so much better by the time we return to the Prem ;)