Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    I'd be very happy with Howe
  • Options
    Just watched the video and he could be going for an interview for a job that he doesn't really want. What message would that send out to prospective employers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Just watched the video and he could be going for an interview for a job that he doesn't really want. What message would that send out to prospective employers?

It could be viewed like that but I just get the impression it more to him being a man with integrity who realises that Bournemouth only have so much potential and if he wants to progress as a manager then heck at the crossroads. That he feels such attachment to Bournemouth does him enormous credit I think in this day of mercenary values.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I just remembered - Howe wanted to sign Charlie Austin at Ballmouth but was unable to because of the transfer embargo so he joined Swindon

Seems he can spot talent

Correct. He was training with AFCB for a month or two beofre signing for Swindon to get his fitness up. TBH though he'd scored something like 60 odd goals in 50 odd match for Poole Town so he wasn't exactly a complete punt.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Just watched the video and he could be going for an interview for a job that he doesn't really want. What message would that send out to prospective employers?[/quote]

It's a fine line that he has to tread here, if he comes over as wanting the job and he doesn't get it then how does that come across with his current employers?
  • Options
    Only know his work by reputation from others on here, but seems a truly lovely bloke with the sort of values that any club would do well to align itself with. Have to say that I join others in wishing him all the best at AFCB, or wherever he may land (well, almost!). Seems one to watch for the future for sure...
  • Options
    looks like he is going to palace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]looks like he is going to palace

Why you saying that Rudders, has something changed?
  • Options
    I'm hearing the opposite, that he has in fact turned them down. Appparently doing the rounds on Twitter according to a Cherries forum
  • Options
    so he will be staying at Bournemouth then?? I notice on a link he had turned down southampton.. question why would you turn down southampton when offered and now go to either palace or charlton??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]looks like he is going to palace
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]I'm hearing the opposite, that he has in fact turned them down. Appparently doing the rounds on Twitter according to a Cherries forum

Can we have some links?

You have both written with authority
  • Options
    No decision made yet, choice of three. Expect to hear something by Tues/Weds.
  • Options
    Howe clearly knows how to coach a side which for me is more important than experience in the transfer market. However I wonder how much of his success at Bournemouth was because from the outset he's had the complete support of the Bournemouth players, and with the transfer embargo the side developed a seige mentality? Two 'advantages' that he certainly won't have in his next job, wherever/whenever that is.
  • Options
    Can't find any links myself, just running off this thread....

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32075&posts=4
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]No decision made yet, choice of three. Expect to hear something by Tues/Weds.

who are the 3?
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6640945,00.html
  • Options
    stay at bournemouth, accept the palace job or go to charlton where we have shown interest??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]No decision made yet, choice of three. Expect to hear something by Tues/Weds.

who are the 3?

You'd have to assume Us, Palace and Burnley
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6640945,00.html (apologies for the pic of the twat on the right)
  • Options
    Ipswich?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i make you right Valley11
  • Options
    doesn't work??
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]

who are the 3?

You'd have to assume Us, Palace and Burnley

Aye, or stay of course. Should know more lunch time tomorrow.
  • Options
    doing the rounds on twitter that he's turned palace down!
  • Options
    sorry sadiejane it was working a few mins ago.. maybe it is now out of date and he is not going to palace after all and the sky got it wrong
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6640945,00.html (i get the impression he has been offered more than 1 job)
  • Options
    People Sport say that Charlton are interested in talks with Howe, but believe it's only whilst Wise decides whether or not he wants to go back to being a Manager.
  • Options
    iit has only highlighted the bit up to 0 for some reason.. if you copied and pasted up to and including the html part i works......
  • Options
    Jewell is set for Ipswich.
  • Options
    would prefer howe than wise...... mind you people sport are pretty s**t. can you send the link pls sadiejane?