Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Howe thread (Staying with Bournemouth)

Comments

• Options
    http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=31919&posts=8
  • Options
    He'd be fucking insane to go to CP. Not just because they're CP, what can he stand to gain? He saves em and struggles at the bottom of the championship - big deal, they go down and he goes down with em and he gets the sack...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]He'd be fucking insane to go to CP. Not just because they're CP, what can he stand to gain? He saves em and struggles at the bottom of the championship - big deal, they go down and he goes down with em and he gets the sack...
    I don't see him as being insane to go there, at the end of the day they are a division higher and aren't a certainty to go down. Seems very similar to the position they found themselves in when Dowie took over and we all know what happened after that. I guess it's who he thinks have a greater potential, does he see a bigger job getting us out of League 1 or saving Palarse?

This post seems like I want him to go there, it's not, I just can't understand those who are completely writing off their chances of signing him.
  • Options
    So reading the Bournemouth boards,Howe rejected Peterboro & Soton previously.
    There appears to be a possible dispute with the Chairman Eddie Mitchell over selling of players & possible inteference. There's some talk about the Chairman entering the dressing room at half time at Notts C away. Their fans seem dead agaainst the Chairman & they all love Howe.
  • Options
    During the Spurs commentary today, they said Ipswich hope to make an appointment early this week. Would they go for Howe?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]During the Spurs commentary today, they said Ipswich hope to make an appointment early this week. Would they go for Howe?
    They are set for Jewell, unless something's changed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stevietwells[/cite]During the Spurs commentary today, they said Ipswich hope to make an appointment early this week. Would they go for Howe?

I find the Jewell to Ipswich thing a very strange move on their part, he is a good manager with a reasonable record everywhere he has been except for Derby but I would have thought Ipswich with their money would have been looking a bit higher.

Its kind of like a housing market chain at the moment, we have to wait for a couple of deals to get finalised before we find out who we get.
  • Options
    In the NOTW it says. "EH admitted his future may be away from Dean Court..."
    Probably between us and the Nigels. Bit quicker to drive back to Bournemouth from Croyden than Sparrows Lane. Not much in it.
    Quaint to see he still loves his first club.
  • Options
    1/3 for job now - if he is coming then surely this suggests that we do have a very good sum of money for him to spend considering he turned down saints
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looks like he's on his way, I just hope he can handle being at a team that have big expectations, it'll be very different to at Bournemouth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The more I think about it the more I wonder whether sacking Parky was actually a knee jerk impulse by our new owners.
    If Wise had been lined up in advance he would have been wheeled in pretty quickly.
    I do not believe he is thinking it over; these guys are close friends and the possibility of Wise being manager would have been mooted well in advance of the takeover if it was a goer.
    At what point did we focus on Howe? Late in the week? It seems certain that it was after Palace. Does this imply we had nobody in mind at the point that Parky was booted?
    What if Howe goes to Palace?
    Who do we go after next and what if they are not interested.

I'm not suggesting that we should have kept Parky; Swindon finally convinced me that the writing was on the wall.
    But If sacking him was an impulsive reaction to the Swindon debacle; was it done without a firm and realistic plan of who might replace him.

Might we end up worse off, with some "make-do" appointment?
    Better keep your trackies on Keith and Damian
  • Options
    I think that it is great that he loves his old club - it shows what kind of man he is, and that he understands the concept of loyalty to those that help you. The more I hear about him, the more I want him as our manager. I hope he decides we are the right choice for him.
  • Options
    If it's between us and Palace I hope that he doesn't consider us to be too far north.
  • Options
    I really think howe would b a great move, i just hope he chooses us!

If he does, do you think he will try to bring some currebt bournmouth players/sraff with him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]In the NOTW it says. "EH admitted his future may be away from Dean Court..."
    Probably between us and the Nigels. Bit quicker to drive back to Bournemouth from Croyden than Sparrows Lane. Not much in it.

Palace train at Beckenham so Beckenham/New Eltham is no real difference IMO.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]The more I think about it the more I wonder whether sacking Parky was actually a knee jerk impulse by our new owners.
    If Wise had been lined up in advance he would have been wheeled in pretty quickly.
    I do not believe he is thinking it over; these guys are close friends and the possibility of Wise being manager would have been mooted well in advance of the takeover if it was a goer.
    At what point did we focus on Howe? Late in the week? It seems certain that it was after Palace. Does this imply we had nobody in mind at the point that Parky was booted?
    What if Howe goes to Palace?
    Who do we go after next and what if they are not interested.

I'm not suggesting that we should have kept Parky; Swindon finally convinced me that the writing was on the wall.
    But If sacking him was an impulsive reaction to the Swindon debacle; was it done without a firm and realistic plan of who might replace him.

Might we end up worse off, with some "make-do" appointment?
    Better keep your trackies on Keith and Damian[/quote]

I doubt it was a knee-jerk reaction - they have obviously seen a few recent games, particularly Brighton and Colchester and of course were at Swindon, there were few if any signs at those games that Parky was leading a promotion charge or that the pieces were falling into place. We knew that he had to go, the players weren't playing for him and it was pretty obvious that his time was up.

They'd have asked themselves - how long to do they give Parky and do they let him spend any money in the meantime. If their minds were made up it was a perfect time, no league match for nearly two weeks with only a cup tie, which only the most optimistic fan would have expected us to win and with the window opening you may as well get a new management team in and let a fresh face revitalise things and invest in the squad. Perhaps had we won those two games against ten men and built on a one nil lead then Parky would still be in charge, but that might be delaying the inevitable.

If Howe goes to Palace then so what, they'll have recruited a good up and coming manager, but managing Charlton is still a good job. If there is money to invest in new players then we'll be one of the few clubs in L1 spending and that increases our promotion chances. Plus Howe leaving Bournemouth benefits us as it weakens a rival.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

I find the Jewell to Ipswich thing a very strange move on their part, he is a good manager with a reasonable record everywhere he has been except for Derby but I would have thought Ipswich with their money would have been looking a bit higher.

Its kind of like a housing market chain at the moment, we have to wait for a couple of deals to get finalised before we find out who we get.

Yeah I'd say most people were surprised by Jewell but Ipswich seemed pretty assured he was their #1 choice, thought they could have done better for themselves.
  • Options

Yeah I'd say most people were surprised by Jewell but Ipswich seemed pretty assured he was their #1 choice, thought they could have done better for themselves.

Curbs wouldve loved it
  • Options
    All seems a bit strange with this @overendwatts1 on Twitter.

Only signed up today, already tweeted 30 odd times, mainly about Howe joining us.

The way he's using all the #cafc #afcb etc it's clearly someone who has used Twitter before. Could just be a wind up, he said Eddie Howe himself is his source. Half hour ago he said listen to local beeb news in the morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The thing is now Malkay Mackay is favourite for the Burnley job and I seem to recall Polo saying Watford would be Howe's preferred choice. A lot must depend on how Mackay acts and how quickly things develop with Burnley/Watford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't even know for sure we have offered him anything !
  • Options
    i thought malkay mackay was watford manager or have i got it wrong
  • Options
    lol, changed it nla ;0)
  • Options
    Daily Mirror saying they believe Wise has ruled himself out of the running.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]

Curbs wouldve loved it

apparently curbs would indeed have loved the ipswich job (according to alan brazil anyway) - why they would go for jewell over him and why he can't seem to get a job anywhere is bizzarre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]In the NOTW it says. "EH admitted his future may be away from Dean Court..."

Nice, really, in the modern game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

I doubt it was a knee-jerk reaction - they have obviously seen a few recent games, particularly Brighton and Colchester and of course were at Swindon, there were few if any signs at those games that Parky was leading a promotion charge or that the pieces were falling into place. We knew that he had to go, the players weren't playing for him and it was pretty obvious that his time was up.

They'd have asked themselves - how long to do they give Parky and do they let him spend any money in the meantime. If their minds were made up it was a perfect time, no league match for nearly two weeks with only a cup tie, which only the most optimistic fan would have expected us to win and with the window opening you may as well get a new management team in and let a fresh face revitalise things and invest in the squad. Perhaps had we won those two games against ten men and built on a one nil lead then Parky would still be in charge, but that might be delaying the inevitable.

If Howe goes to Palace then so what, they'll have recruited a good up and coming manager, but managing Charlton is still a good job. If there is money to invest in new players then we'll be one of the few clubs in L1 spending and that increases our promotion chances. Plus Howe leaving Bournemouth benefits us as it weakens a rival.

I don't know, BFR.
    With the transfer window open and time of the essence, why apparantly wait nearly week before sounding out Howe if he had been identified as a (number 1?) target.
    To me it smacks of having sacked Parky first and then thought, Oh we better hurry up and think of a replacement.
    I just hope they know where they are going with this
  • Options
    Would be very happy with Howe. He'd be here for the long run, a start of a long term project.
  • Options
    really really really want howe, sounds like a real prospect to grow along with the club.
  • Options

The local press is saying Curbs and Holland for Ipswich.