Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Holloway (ed. Gone from palace, still at Millwall)

14567810»

Comments

• Options

He's signed Cowan-Hall (Wycombe), Cummings (Reading), Harding (Forest), Martinez (Unattached), Gregory (Halifax), Maierhoffer (some Austrian mob) and now this Fabbrini bloke from Watford. Add those to the couple of half decent players we already have, and a sprinkling of our good crop of youngsters, and I'd be surprised if we didn't start to pick up.

Fair play to your owner who is obviously prepared to dig deep into his pockets to get you out of trouble. Not sure how good players from Wycombe and Halifax will be but at least you're making a go of it.

How many more defeats can your fans stomach though. A couple more and surely he's got to go?
    That's a good question. The way I look at it is that there's not many managers I'd rather have if we were to go down. Holloway may be a bit of a doughnut but he's a good league manager.

I genuinely don't get this opinion. Aside from a season at Blackpool (which was as much down to Charlie Adam as it was Holloway), what else has he done?

I don't even count getting Palace promoted because his record there was appalling. He only had something like 2-3 wins in the 2nd half of the season and was very lucky they'd got off to a flier under Freedman.
    I'm not going to go in to the intricacies of his managerial career. He's had some highs and he's had some lows, as have most managers, but I can't think of many managers I'd rather have in charge in League One. Whether he's up to the Championship (like it or not, he's been promoted from it twice in recent history. You could use your argument that Holloway was successful at Blackpool due to Charlie Adam against any successful manager, as surely a manager is a by product of his team?) with us is another matter. We'll see.

• Options

cafc999 said:

On another note BBW, I hear that their is severe unrest within the squad and Hollowhead. My friend witnessed a very public argument with Ricardo Fuller outside the training ground the other week.

Ah, Mr Fuller, yes. Apparently there'd been an exchange of views between some of our lot in Blackpool and Fuller during the game. The fans had then started booing the team, and rightly so considering the abject performance(s) they'd been serving up. At this point Fuller was substituted and the boos were still ringing out. Fuller decided the booing was aimed at him and he gave us the old two fingers. I didn't even realise he was being taken off until everyone started going mental at him.

Holloway came out and said what he'd done was unacceptable and he'd be 'dealt with'. Haven't heard about any altercations at the training ground though!?

Why did Fuller get taken off after 20 odd mins in the Bradford game? Was it due to the sending off? If so you were losing at the time, seems strange to me.

Not that I care.
    Would it be fair of me to not bother trying to tell you?

• Options
    http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/millwall-boss-receives-chairmans-backing/

At least one owner knows how to run a club.. Agent Holloway.
  • Options
    Holloway may have some strengths, but organising a defence isn't one of them, as his Blackpool team showed.

Not that we've got anything to be smug about after yesterday...
  • Options

Holloway may have some strengths, but organising a defence isn't one of them, as his Blackpool team showed.

This. I wonder who is going to be laughing at end of season.
  • Options

20 odd players out of contract at the end of the season. He's slowly getting rid of those players that offer nothing or could have been a disruptive influence and is bringing his own players in.

Unfortunately he's had his hands tied due the two previous managers and the dross they signed.

There's no doubt the bloke's as loopy as the earings you'd expect to see on the modern day chav, but I do think he can turn it around if he's able to get rid of the majority of players he inherited.

He's signed Cowan-Hall (Wycombe), Cummings (Reading), Harding (Forest), Martinez (Unattached), Gregory (Halifax), Maierhoffer (some Austrian mob) and now this Fabbrini bloke from Watford. Add those to the couple of half decent players we already have, and a sprinkling of our good crop of youngsters, and I'd be surprised if we didn't start to pick up.

All that said, we need them all to be fit at the same time and not swapping beds in the treatment room.

your problem is even if you do start to pick results up, are the 3 teams worse than you
    Blackpool-yes
    Rotherham-probably yes

but other than that I cant see it,
    Brighton starting to pick points up
    Wigan have a decent squad that should see them survive

and every one else apart from Leeds has at least 7 points on you

I think the 3rd relegation spot is between you and Leeds
  • Options

This. I wonder who is going to be laughing at end of season.
    Palace fans?
  • Options
    A lot can happen in 3 months anyone including us could still be dragged down
  • Options
    Blackpool are gone. Rotherham don't look good enough, don't score goals so I'm pretty confident they will go too.

That leaves a third spot to be filled - if Holloway stays it could be Millwall as they are leaking goals left, right and centre.

Wigan should have too much quality and get out. That really leaves Leeds looking dodgy and ourselves or possibly Huddersfield getting dragged into if our bad run continues.
  • Options

20 odd players out of contract at the end of the season. He's slowly getting rid of those players that offer nothing or could have been a disruptive influence and is bringing his own players in.

Unfortunately he's had his hands tied due the two previous managers and the dross they signed.

There's no doubt the bloke's as loopy as the earings you'd expect to see on the modern day chav, but I do think he can turn it around if he's able to get rid of the majority of players he inherited.

All that said, we need them all to be fit at the same time and not swapping beds in the treatment room.

your problem is even if you do start to pick results up, are the 3 teams worse than you
    Blackpool-yes
    Rotherham-probably yes

Really? On the strength of our recent performances, our paper thin squad, an owner who thinks shuffling shite players around while failed at his other various two-man outfits constitutes an injection of fresh blood and a manager who looks about as ready for the championship as Fabio Capello would, I'd say it's more likely to be us that's battling it out to avoid the drop.

Has time and experience not yet taught you about complacency Paulie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015

Blackpool-yes
    Rotherham-probably yes

Really? On the strength of our recent performances, our paper thin squad, an owner who thinks shuffling shite players around while failed at his other various two-man outfits constitutes an injection of fresh blood and a manager who looks about as ready for the championship as Fabio Capello would, I'd say it's more likely to be us that's battling it out to avoid the drop.

just confident the 8 point lead we have over Millwall will be enough to finish higher than them

you honestly think Millwall have more chance of survival than us
    We have both had 1 win since November
    we have had 6 draws since November they have had 3
  • Options
    Unfortunately, finishing higher than millwall does not guarantee staying up.
  • Options

Unfortunately, finishing higher than millwall does not guarantee staying up.

in this case I think it does, as I said earlier Blackpool and Rotherham wont survive IMO
  • Options
    I hope you are right paulie.
  • Options
    Wigan are turning into a basketcase club.
    Can see them going down. Then watch the club implode.
  • Options

Blackpool are gone. Rotherham don't look good enough, don't score goals so I'm pretty confident they will go too.

That leaves a third spot to be filled - if Holloway stays it could be Millwall as they are leaking goals left, right and centre.

Wigan should have too much quality and get out. That really leaves Leeds looking dodgy and ourselves or possibly Huddersfield getting dragged into if our bad run continues.

Wigan are playing as badly as any of the other strugglers at the bottom of the division. At the moment there are a number of Championship teams in terrible form
  • Options

Blackpool-yes
    Rotherham-probably yes

just confident the 8 point lead we have over Millwall will be enough to finish higher than them

you honestly think Millwall have more chance of survival than us
    We have both had 1 win since November
    we have had 6 draws since November they have had 3

Well we still have to play them so you might as well say it's a 5 point lead.
  • Options

It would be madness, utter madness geting rid of Holloway now , give him time and he will turn you around.

By 'punishment' I meant for FFP, not for Holloway being a bit of a div.

I'm convinced, convinced i tell you that he is the right bloke for the job, i'm pretty sure he will have you there or there abouts banging on the League 1
    wanker
  • Options

Blackpool-yes
    Rotherham-probably yes

Surely 'picking up' is a good thing, regardless of other teams results. So long as our results improve then there's not a lot else we can do.

The signs from the Ipswich game were encouraging. A new look team was fielded so they looked a bit disjointed to start with but gradually got themselves back in the game. Ipswich will beat better teams than us by the same scoreline this season so I'm not downbeat at all.

If three teams finish below us at the end of the season then, yes, there were 3 worse teams than us. Would I put any money on it? Not a chance.
  • Options

Blackpool are gone.

Rotherham don't look good enough, don't score goals so I'm pretty confident they will go too.

Blackpool are quietly picking up points.

They've been gradually making up ground, despite their hopeless start to the season.
    Team morale and results show they're not dead.

Blackpool have a lot to do to stay up - but at this stage of the season, I wouldn't say they're gone.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
  • Options

nock me dahn wiv a fever .. good news .. no more of his old tosh on skysports .. I hope
  • Options
    QPR get it wrong again....
  • Options
    Wonder if Jordan Cousins feels if he has

(1) Jumped from the pan into the fire
    (2) Jumped from one idiotic club into another.

Poor lad really deserves better!!
  • Options
    Their not called QP Ha ha for nothing.