Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Holloway (ed. Gone from palace, still at Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    Ian Dowie as short as 4/1 in some places now what a pisser that would be!
  • Options

Di Matteo would be mad to take it, he's much better than that lot deserve.

He is still being paid £135,000 per week by Chelsea as he as been unable to agree a severence package and has 18months left on his contract.

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

He is still being paid £135,000 per week by Chelsea as he as been unable to agree a severence package and has 18months left on his contract.

Nice non work if you can get it!
  • Options
    whoever takes it now will now they were 5th 8th 12th 15th choice. Oh well, I suppose if Appleton is all you can get ....
  • Options
    Curbs.
  • Options
    Dowie and Petrescu are the new favourties for the job.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    I thought the Dowie thing was a joke at first ,but it appears he has been interviewed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2506928/Iain-Dowie-holds-talks-Crystal-Palace-return.html

Iain Dowie is latest manager to be interviewed for the vacant Crystal Palace job.
    The 48-year-old - who managed the club between 2003-2006 - has held talks with Eagles chiefs about a return to Selhurst Park.
    Dowie has been out of work since leaving Hull in the summer of 2010, and is understood to be keen on the role.
    Former Chelsea defender Dan Petrescu is also emerging as a contender for the job.
    Palace have held talks with a string of managers, including Martin O'Neill, Tony Pulis, Aitor Karanka and Chris Coleman, but have yet to appoint Ian Holloway's successor after his departure on October 23.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2506928/Iain-Dowie-holds-talks-Crystal-Palace-return.html#ixzz2kdRlwxhL
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Options
    Blimey, that really is scraping the barrel. I think their problem is that everyone looks at that job as being 7 months of getting thrashed week in week out before you actually start to do some proper work building a side for promotion with the foundations to have decent go at staying up next time round.

The only people who are actually going to fancy it are desperados like Ugly Iain who just need any job going. Should make for an enjoyable season of viewing for us though.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Blimey, that really is scraping the barrel. I think their problem is that everyone looks at that job as being 7 months of getting thrashed week in week out .

Dowies CV' s good for the thrashings. Plenty of experience in premier league relegation.

Palace, us (effectively) , Newcastle as assistant and hull.

• Options
    lol this gets better
  • Options
    I really can't believe they would go for Dowie over Curbs.
  • Options
    Can't post the link on my phone, but two interesting articles on sky sports website this evening. Firstly, Chris Coleman is about to sign a new contract with Wales, so that's him out of it. Secondly, Parish saying that they are now down to shortlist of three candidates and expect to have someone in place by the weekend.

It is basically set up for Iain to step in to the breach and cement his place on the coveted list of worst managers ever to walk the planet.
  • Options
    Andy Kaufman now named as likely new Palace Manager.

Says he wants somewhere away from pressure and publicity.

(One for the kids, there)
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

135k per week? I don't think so.
  • Options

Andy Kaufman now named as likely new Palace Manager.

Says he wants somewhere away from pressure and publicity.

(One for the kids, there)

Well. Just like the moon not much of an atmosphere at Selhurst
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

135k per week? I don't think so.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/13/chelsea-still-paying-roberto-di-matteo-130000-week
  • Options
    1/3 to get the tin tac
  • Options
    I hope not. They are in disarray at the moment and we don't want that to stop do we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he gone yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Tragedy if he does... Doing a superb job down there!
  • Options
    He is terrible, keep him in the job!
  • Options
    I was seriously worried he had been sacked when I saw this thread. Thank god he hasn't.
  • Options
    He'll walk away shortly, as he usually does. Very limited manager and just hasn't a clue how to turn things round when he's up the Sh!t Creek (Road).

Hope I am wrong about the first part though and he carries on the sterling work. Chin up Olly, there's a lot of people really appreciative of what you're doing!! :smiley:
  • Options
    If there is one thing that chairmen simply don't accept it's when their managers say theres something wrong...but can't put their finger on what it is.

Holloway has signed his own death warrant. If he survives to Saturday that'll be his last game I reckon cos I can't see 'em beating Ipswich.
  • Options
    i find it amazing that he has been allowed to bring in 4 players in Jan, with the 'likelihood' of more to come.
    How many has he brought in all together ??!! Must be twice as many as us.
  • Options
    I am praying he can bumble through until April. Our best chance to win at Millwall in many seasons.
  • Options

I am praying he can bumble through until April. Our best chance to win at Millwall in many seasons.

You're just being silly now :-)