Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Holloway (ed. Gone from palace, still at Millwall)

Comments

• Options
    Where has the loyalty gone to stick with a task hey, that's what I want to know. Olly I'm bitterly disappointed in you. You could have at least waited till Christmas.

Do they have the players to park the bus and play hoof ball and do they have a long throw player for Pullis to do his handy work???
  • Options
    Sorry to butt in...i dont believe it would be Taylor - we were awful under him. Pulis, i wouldnt mind but the football is grim. Dont believe Curbishley would dome to us, but stranger things have happened. If it was a few weeks ago, Poyet would have been in the reckoning!!
  • Options
    Pullis has never been relegated from the prem, why start now?

• Options
    I reckon Pulis or that grinning chimp Eddie Howe
  • Options
    Maybe we could do a collection on Sunday to help them pay DiCanio's wages!
  • Options
    I'm absolutely gutted at this. Thought he was doing a sterling job this season. Doesn't matter who they bring in. No-one can save them this season, so it's all about bringing in someone who can do the business next season. Looks like Pulis, but I'll carry on dreaming of Di Canio until it's confirmed...........
  • Options
    Fishead said:

Sorry to butt in...i dont believe it would be Taylor - we were awful under him. Pulis, i wouldnt mind but the football is grim. Dont believe Curbishley would dome to us, but stranger things have happened. If it was a few weeks ago, Poyet would have been in the reckoning!!

After Poogate? I thought he was persona non grata at Palace.

I don't think Curbs would go there.As for his affinity with us I can confirm what is said above.I can't find a link but in an interview Curbs constantly referred to Charlton as 'us' and 'we' but didn't do the same for the happy Hammers so much so that the interviewer Steve Tongue comments on it.

I suspect Pulis would be a good fit for Palace.He successfully kept Stoke up ,but also took them up so could do a job next season if they go down. I do think 37 points from 30 games is a massive ask especially because he won't be able to bring his own players in until after the window.
  • Options

Maybe we could do a collection on Sunday to help them pay DiCanio's wages!

You what? Charity begins at home :-)
  • Options
    Curbs would go if he wanted the job and the money was right, wake up people!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Curbs would go if he wanted the job and the money was right, wake up people!

But only if offered and I can't see him being offered a Prem job unless he had been back in the game for a while.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace isn't really a full time Premiership job though. The question surely is whether Pulis will accept or not.
  • Options

Palace isn't really a full time Premiership job though. The question surely is whether Pulis will accept or not.

I think Pulis will turn it down. He left Stoke as he realised they could no longer compete and it's probably only a matter of time they drop back down. So why he'd want to join a club that's a nailed on certainty for relegation, god knows.

Just a pity Arry is in work atm, that bloke knows how to spend and would have them in administration before May......................
  • Options

Just a pity Arry is in work atm, that bloke knows how to spend and would have them in administration before May......................
    Right then, let's see. Sixty miwwion for finishing bottom, plus another 50 miwwion in parachute payments that makes....erm....Rosie? What does that make?

WOOF!

Triffic! So I've got 400 miwwion quid to blow? Pass me the chequebook!

• Options
    Curbishley

nailed on FACT
  • Options
    “To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee.”
  • Options
    Pulis woud be a good fit for them - hoof ball is their natural consistency. Getting him in and Holloway out will do wonders for the chances of me getting my Palace hating mojo back - I quite liked Holloway and almost felt sorry for him with the situation there which was problematic as it nearly disabled the automatic gagging reflex that kicks in whenever I see or hear about them!

However, it must be said that Holloway spent a lot of money on mediocre shite, so he is right to take responsibility...hold on, does that mean that we can call him agent Holloway?
  • Options
    I don't think so - he got them promoted! - I quite like him too so pleased he is away from them! I think he was getting a lot of abuse from the fans and that was a factor he didn't mention.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm led to believe that Mick McCarthy may be on Mr Parish's list of 'most wanted'.
  • Options
    Russell Slade anyone?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I think Pulis will turn it down. He left Stoke as he realised they could no longer compete and it's probably only a matter of time they drop back down. So why he'd want to join a club that's a nailed on certainty for relegation, god knows.

Mr Pulis would you like a £1M pa salary & a £1M bonus to keep us up ?

Yeah, I really bet he'd turn it down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kap10 said:

Would love Curbs to go there, I'm sure he'd love to take them back to the Chamionship and get paid in the process, I know I would ! :-0

From what I can remember Curbs does not feel any great affinity for Charlton - I think something Murray said way back. It would be a real error on Palaces part to takje him now.
    Spot on. Great man that Curbs was, I always felt that despite the time he spent here and the success he enjoyed here, he had no deep love for Charlton. Indeed, his heart always seemed to be at West Ham. And since he's left, how many times has he even been back here? Only a handful of times, I believe.

Those who believe he wouldn't take the Palace job if offered to him, and he wanted it, because of his Charlton connections are deluded.
    well i spoke to Curbs a couple of years back and he referred to us as "we" on a number of occassions throughout the conversation , he does have a great affection for us and he was gutted at our demise , he wanted to help Murray chose his successor

I've seen him back at the Valley a few times and even see him at Orient as well , he has job committments etc i bet he's been at more Charlton games than West Ham games since he left them as manager

Who was on top ? :-)
  • Options

Mr Pulis would you like a £1M pa salary & a £1M bonus to keep us up ?

Yeah, I really bet he'd turn it down.
    Exactly.

Can't blame either Holloway or Parish really, they look doomed already, probably not gonna make a massive difference to them but it must be worth a punt by the owners. Holloway knows he isn't gonna turn it around, might as well do it early in the season.
  • Options
    Whoever takes over now will be planning for Championship football next season.
  • Options
    You only have to look at the "spin" they are both waffling to see Pulis is a done deal:

Steve Parish: "He's never been relegated and he's out of work. We'll look,"

Pulis: "It was important to take a rest, I'm really pleased I've had contact from other clubs but they didn't feel right."
  • Options

You only have to look at the "spin" they are both waffling to see Pulis is a done deal:

Steve Parish: "He's never been relegated and he's out of work. We'll look,"

Pulis: "It was important to take a rest, I'm really pleased I've had contact from other clubs but they didn't feel right."

Seems inevitable, unfortunately. Looking down the Premier League table, the only other clubs that I could imagine considering Pulis (if they happened to have a managerial vacancy) are Hull, Norwich and maybe Cardiff. He wasn't linked with the Sunderland job, presumably because they felt they could attract someone who could bring results without resorting to anti-football.
    Basically, I reckon most Premier League clubs consider themselves above appointing someone like Pulis, so the best job he can hope for is a relegation struggler in the Premier League or a Championship club with promotion aspirations.

Hopefully they'll keep on losing for the rest of the season and the Holmesdale Ultras will have hounded him out before next season starts. Would expect him to take them straight back up if he's still there this time next year.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm sure Paul Scally will give Pulis a good reference :-)
  • Options

Pulis seems to be reluctant according to the Croydon Advertiser.

TONY Pulis is reluctant to join Crystal Palace because of the club’s position in the Premier League, the Advertiser understands.

A source close to the former Stoke City boss says he rates and admires the way the club is run but isn’t keen to commit himself to taking the job, if it were offered, because of Palace’s lowly points tally and the gap that has already opened up between the bottom two and the rest of the division.

The Welshman, who has also managed clubs including Gillingham and Bournemouth, is the bookies odds-on favourite for the job.

And yesterday, Steve Parish told the Advertiser he’d be someone the board would be looking to speak with, as they look to appoint a successor to Ian Holloway.

During his seven-year tenure at the Britannia Stadium, Stoke became an established Premier League club and reached the FA Cup Final.

However, his direct style of play was criticised by some fans and observers from outside the club.

One man to back Pulis’ case is former Palace winger John Salako.

He told us: “He [Pulis] knows how to keep teams in the Premier League and my advice would be to go out and get him.”

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Tony-Pulis-Crystal-Palace-job-league/story-19983959-detail/story.html#ixzz2ieRZRvFk
  • Options
    I reckon Chris Coleman will get the job, then Pullis will take the Wales job.
  • Options

Russell Slade anyone?

Not a big enough "name" with their delusions of grandeur.....

• Options
    Richard J said:

Pulis seems to be reluctant according to the Croydon Advertiser.

The cynic in me says Pulis can't afford to be fussy. There aren't too many premier league sides who will want to employ him because of the style of play he endorses. Apart from maybe Hull, i can't think of a single side that would want him should their managers job become vacant.

So why not go to a side with premier league money and parachute payments?