Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    Claire Tomlinson I think?
  • Options
    TV SPORTS girl Clare Tomlinson has been banned from covering a match involving her former lover Bryan Robson...following an ultimatum from his wife.

She was already on her way to cover tomorrow's Premiership game between Newcastle and Robson's side Middlesbrough when she was phoned by her boss at Sky Sport and told to forget it.

Clare, 31, took the call while staying over with friends in Birmingham on her trip to the North-East - and now she is furious that her career is being affected by the former relationship.

The decision came after demands by Robson's wife Denise and officials at the club to "keep her away" from the former England captain.

Officials at Middlesbrough fear that following Robson's 18-month fling with the reporter, his wife would be furious if Clare went anywhere near the manager.

A friend of the popular presenter, who was interviewing Kevin Keegan when he announced his resignation as England coach last week, said: "Clare is very upset and angry. She has heard that Middlesbrough have been in touch with Sky officials saying she must not interview Robson, because his wife won't like it.

"But she is a successful football reporter and is angry at the claim she would not be able to handle the situation properly.

"Clare was determined to be at the Newcastle game and do her job to the best of her ability - as always. She is on a high at the moment after doing such a good job with the Keegan interview last weekend. The fact she is not being allowed to come into contact with her former lover is affecting her career"."

Sky cameras last followed Middlesbrough for their away match against Manchester City last month. But on that occasion it was Robson's assistant manager Viv Anderson, not the former England captain, who gave Clare a post-match interview.

The last time Denise Robson, 43, met Clare she attacked her with a crutch after catching her with her husband in a Leeds hotel room at 2am in January last year.

Angry Denise spotted the Sky girl - whose left leg was in plaster after breaking an ankle - half hidden under the bed. She grabbed one of Clare's crutches and lashed out at her. Robson leapt in and dragged his wife away.

It later emerged that the former Manchester United captain, 43, who has an estimated pounds 5 million fortune, met Clare six years earlier when she worked for the FA.

They became close during Euro 96, when he began working with the England squad, and later became lovers.

After Denise confronted the pair, she vowed to fight to save her marriage to Robson for the sake of their three children. But she ordered him never to see the presenter again and was stunned when she realised she would still be interviewing him after games.

Robson has been married for 18 years, and lives with his family in a pounds 500,000 mansion in Hale Barnes, Cheshire, close to Manchester Airport.

The affair with Clare is believed to be one of the reasons why Robson ruled himself out as a successor to previous England manager Glen Hoddle.
  • Options
    Is bryan Robson manager at Middlesborough?

Seriously tho i dont remember this scandal. What is the date of the article. Is Bryan still with the wife?
  • Options
    Blatent sexism, Robson out!
  • Options
    It was when Boro where in the Premier league and Keegan was England boss, so that must date it about 2000 i think B not sure

I think they are still together him and the wife that is.

Cant believe people dont remember it, i was wetting myself at the time the thought of her hiding under his bed with a broken leg whilst a screaming woman pulls her out and pummels her with a Grey plastic and metal Crutch was too much to bear

it must have been hillarious to anyone but the 3 involved but i would have paid big bucks to watch it
  • Options
    NLA I have no recollection of this whatsoever, thank you for brightening up my lunchtime lol
  • Options
    I wonder what his missus said when he announced he'd got the Thailand job?
  • Options
    "The last time Denise Robson, 43, met Clare she attacked her with a crutch " Blimey!
  • Options
    Am I the only one thinking so how were they making the beast with two backs if she had a leg in plaster?

No drawings please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Am I the only one thinking so how were they making the beast with two backs if she had a leg in plaster?

No drawings please

I wondered why she didn't hide in the bathroom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does beg the question... at 2am in the morning... how did the wife get in the room to catch them? If the wife had a key that was UNBELIEVABLY stupid to be on the go but wtf?
  • Options
    And why did a women with a leg in plaster think under a bed was a good place to hide?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Am I the only one thinking so how were they making the beast with two backs if she had a leg in plaster?

No drawings please
    Robbo had a lot of experience of dealing with injuries so I'm sure he'd know his way around a broken leg.

For some reason I can imagine captain courageous as a surprisingly sensitive lover, unless he was in a hurry to finish of because the missus was approaching wielding medical equipment with menaces
  • Options
    edited January 2011

No drawings please

It was a fetish thing. Bryan Robson was always plastered.
  • Options
    Allways plastered?

Comical. ISAW I would guess that the wife was suspicious and turned up at the hotel and the hotel probably gave her a room key as she was his wife.
  • Options
    You been there aswell curb lol?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: smudge7946[/cite]I think Bryan Robson is a 'Sexual Dinosaur'.
    He should be ashamed of himself being in a hotel room at 2am with another woman.
    There is no sort of place for that sort of thing in the modern game. He should have least phoned his team mates and had them round for a roasting session!

lol
  • Options
    Do we know how the injury happened? Did Robbo literally smash it?
  • Options
    When the lovely lady decided to hide under the bed, why didn't she take her crutches with her, rather than leaving them around as a useful weapon and obvious evidence.

Also Curb it, the fact that they attempted to hide, suggests that they were tipped off, she probably just bashed the door until he answered and robbo didn't bother to check everything was hidden before opening it.
  • Options
    She couldn't hide in the wardrobe as Max Clifford was already in there with a NoTW snapper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]and robbo didn't bother to check everything was hidden before opening it.

PMSL... it wasn't like he left a scrap of paper on the desk... his mistress' plastered leg was hanging out from underneath the bed!
  • Options
    Just seen two brilliant mickey take videos on youtube .Hitler taking a fit with the sub titles doctored.Cant get link to work but they have Hitler and Andy Gray in the titles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: richie8[/cite]Just seen two brilliant mickey take videos on youtube .Hitler taking a fit with the sub titles doctored.Cant get link to work but they have Hitler and Andy Gray in the titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenfaJMEVP8 Ha ha, last line is classic.
  • Options
    hahaha thats brilliant
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: smudge7946[/cite]i think the BBC may be pushing the sexism too far.
    Did anyone watch BBC breakfast this morning?
    I dont mean to be rude, but what on earth was that person who was doing the sports news in place of Chris Hollins?
    At first glance it looked female, but clearly had a mans voice and a visable adams apple.
    Was it fermale and has it always been so?

Have you got a picture of this beast? (it could be VG's Kim for all we know! )
  • Options
    To be fair "she" is always on BBC news so it's not in response to naything that has happened lately but I have to say for anyone to have a career on TV with a voice and face like that, she must have some friends in high places