Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Richard Keys is on talksport in next 10 minutes

And Andy Gray will have a job offer on there by the end of the year.

Strange how so many have been outraged by his man after being told they should be.

Not that I'm encouraging it but thought it would be interesting to see what he has to say for himself as it's the first public words from him since it all kicked off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Robert says 'I just dont think its right that women can be sexist because they are the ones who are discriminated against more. ' Totally agree, so presumably you are arguing for equal numbers of men and women sports commentators and you would call for the sacking of any of them who make offensive and sexist comments whilst at work?

Not quite.

My posistion would be that the best people get the jobs (either could be 100% women commentators, or 100% men commentators or a mixture...but it should be based completely on ability alone. To be honest, there will always be banter and light hearted comments between sexes and thats fine, and i dont think people should be sacked for it (as long as it dosnt go to far obviously).

So, allow me to clarify, do you find it acceptable that it is men who are making the decisions about who would be the best person for the job? And who would be making the decsions as to what 'going too far' means? Would that be men as well?

Your assuming a man would make those decisions...there could ver well be a female producer...

There could indeed, of the 14 men who constitute the Sky board, one of them is indeed a woman, there are 11 executives and 2 of them are women. Thus I feel my 'assumptions' have some merit so the question is valid - so what would your answer be?

Whoever is in charge, makes the decsion. Contaray to popular belief, not all men are sexist pigs and therefore im sure if a male is in charge of hiring, they will make the decision based purely on experience and suitability to the role.

That was the argument back in the 60's. Not worked terribly well has it?
  • Options
    Very good post Henry.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Richard Keys is on talksport in next 10 minutes[/quote]

Strange how so many have been outraged by his man after being told they should be.[/quote]

Are you saying his behaviour hasn't been outrageous?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Has she got big jugs?

massive jugs mate. and you should see her slide down that pole.
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Richard Keys is on talksport in next 10 minutes

Strange how so many have been outraged by his man after being told they should be.

Rodney Marsh joined a few months after his Toon Army comment. Await the announcement of Gray joining later this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Has she got big jugs?

massive jugs mate. and you should see her slide down that pole.

Gary this begs the question... why are you dallying with "Kim" and not giving this one a smash?*

* TM Richard Keys Esq
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Spot on Henry, I wondered when you would finally bite and wade into this one!

You know me. I can resist everything but temptation : - )

On the Fire Brigade/Police recruitment it sounds like trying to re-dress an existing imbalance in their staff.

Good idea in theory but quite often in practice that can become very clumsy and impractical and undermines what the original aim was.

But stop for a minute and think. This is one case where people are saying white straight men are being discriminated against (and even then there are still far more WSM then not in the Police and Fire Brigade.)

How does that feel? Not nice? Does it make you angry? Frustrated? Put down? Devalued? It would me.

So think how people in other groups who have faced this many times in their lives feel? Yeah, just the bloody same.

Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes as the old song say "walk a mile in my shoes".
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    thats absolute crap in regards to the fire brigade. My 2 cousins are fireman and have been for almost 10 years and they say that tsome of the new recruits are not at all suited to the job. One female cant actaully reach the ladder on top of the engine, so a male colleague has to take over that part of her role. is she there because of her sex or because she can do the job?!
    I have been a fireman,sorry,a firefighter for nearly 20 years in London and it is very true that some recruits are not all suited to the job,height,strength etc, not all,i have to say though. Certain 'requirements' have been shall we say 'relaxed' over the past few years,not just for females but for ethnics as well. I even know of a serving firefighter who speaks very little english,which i'm sure,given the nature of my job,you will agree isnt ideal! It isnt just the fire brigade though is it,I think alot of jobs now maybe it isnt always the best candidate but the most pc candidate who wins through...Anyway,im off to get our new female recruit to make me a cuppa now....(im joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes as the old song say "walk a mile in my shoes".
    And I'll have to buy new shoes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Spot on Henry, I wondered when you would finally bite and wade into this one!

On the Fire Brigade/Police recruitment it sounds like trying to re-dress an existing imbalance in their staff.

Good idea in theory but quite often in practice that can become very clumsy and impractical and undermines what the original aim was.

But stop for a minute and think. This is one case where people are saying white straight men are being discriminated against (and even then there are still far more WSM then not in the Police and Fire Brigade.)

How does that feel? Not nice? Does it make you angry? Frustrated? Put down? Devalued? It would me.

So think how people in other groups who have faced this many times in their lives feel? Yeah, just the bloody same.

Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes as the old song say "walk a mile in my shoes".

yeah its not nice but why should my generation be punished for something that was not right 20/30 years ago?
  • Options

Thumbs up. Which brings me back to my earlier post, how is Sian Massey, an unwitting victim, feeling about all this and does anyone care what effect all this ignorant support for Andy Gray may have had on her? Thankfully, there seem to be a lot of men within Charlton who do care, and that is enormously comforting.
  • Options
    Keys on Talksport now...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Spot on Henry, I wondered when you would finally bite and wade into this one![/quote]

Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes as the old song say "walk a mile in my shoes".[/quote]

yeah its not nice but why should my generation be punished for something that was not right 20/30 years ago?[/quote]

What's the alternative? Ignore the problem and carry on 'punishing' minorities?
  • Options
    Keys rang Massey sunday afternoon during the Blackburn/West Brom to apologise on his and Gray's behalf. He states she accepted the apology and he regrets the inital conversation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Richard Keys is on talksport in next 10 minutes

Are you saying his behaviour hasn't been outrageous?

I'm saying people are outraged after they are told to be. Johnathan Ross is a good case of this. Myself, glad to see the back of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

yeah its not nice but why should my generation be punished for something that was not right 20/30 years ago?

What's the alternative? Ignore the problem and carry on 'punishing' minorities?

no, like ive said employ the person best suited to the job despite their gender/background/sexuality.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Not tempted yesterday though? All a bit fiery for you was it? Come and preach once the dust has settled eh?

Too busy Googling the Off-side Law?
  • Options
    Keys is not helping himself at all here, apart from apologising, he's digging and coming across as arrogant and out of his depth without a script. He'll be next.
  • Options
    Missed a bit, who was it that wouldn't take his 'phone call?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Missed a bit, who was it that wouldn't take his 'phone call?

He said he called Brady. Her mobile has no voicemail so he sent a text asking her to contact him so he could apologise directly and she did not return the call.

Keys really is finished here, he sounds emotional, angry and is putting his size 9's right through the whole situation. I can't believe Sky would let him do this interview unless they wanted him to write his P45 for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Missed a bit, who was it that wouldn't take his 'phone call?

Karen Brady, couldnt leave a message so he text her, no reply.
  • Options

Thumbs up. Which brings me back to my earlier post, how is Sian Massey, an unwitting victim, feeling about all this and does anyone care what effect all this ignorant support for Andy Gray may have had on her? Thankfully, there seem to be a lot of men within Charlton who do care, and that is enormously comforting.

She's been brave enough to try and break into a male dominated environment so hopefully she has the strength of character to get through it, but she was taken off the game she was due to do last night.
  • Options
    Barry Glendenning on Twitter about Keys on Talksport

If Keys doesn't stop digging soon he'll be able to front Sky's coverage of the fifth ODI between England and Australia Down Under
  • Options
    Cheers. Agree, he really is stepping into his pre-prepared coffin. Stupidity with arrogance.
  • Options
    personally I think he's coming across pretty well.

Interesting that Sky wouldn't let him say on Sunday about his apologies etc.
  • Options
    @bglendenning: Let's all agree to forget about the sexism palaver if Richard Keys can throw a shoe over a pub
  • Options
    Keys apologised to Brady by text!

Quality.
  • Options
    Keys is sounding paranoid and deeply worried about his future - it's amazing radio, at the very least.

Here's a quick clip http://audioboo.fm/boos/262943-richard-keys
  • Options
    He's just slipped... "that WAS my job"

He knows he's done