Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    Carly Burn: sorry just seen your post.

The vid i posted was of Keys, Redknapp, Gullit and Souness sitting in the studio and they are having a laugh and a joke about Redknapps missus. Out of nowhere ya just hear Keys say......''smash it?''....''yeah, you smashed it''...then theres some laughing and quiet talking and keys finishes with ''yeah ya know you'd walk in and see redknapp hanging out the back of it''

only had a few hundred views on youtube before they took it down.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Carly Burn: sorry just seen your post.

The vid i posted was of Keys, Redknapp, Gullit and Souness sitting in the studio and they are having a laugh and a joke about Redknapps missus. Out of nowhere ya just hear Keys say......''smash it?''....''yeah, you smashed it''...then theres some laughing and quiet talking and keys finishes with ''yeah ya know you'd walk in and see redknapp hanging out the back of it''

I am sorry, but that just sounds like male banter to me! How the hell is that sexist? I doubt redknapp got offended by that. The same with the video with gray and the charltotte jackson one...that wasnt bad at all! He was just having a bit of a laugh (for all we know, they could always joke about this sorta stuff and it may not actually bother her)...

Someone inside sky has an agenda here and they are just adding fuel to the fires...
  • Options

http://tinyurl.com/4qcrsxf
  • Options
    Clearly not just this comment that's done it, otherwise Keys would have gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

http://tinyurl.com/4qcrsxf

How the hell is that bad? thats just a bit of male banter! redknapp even laughed!
  • Options
    dont think sky are using that against him, more the media. Its not bad at all but it puts keys in a different light to how we usually see him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]dont think sky are using that against him, more the media. Its not bad at all but it puts keys in a different light to how we usually see him.

thats what i mean, the media....they make something out of nothing...

This sorta convo happens all the time down a pub when your with the lads....

Im sure women talk about men in the same way too
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I apologise for being so late to the table but unfortunately I didnt get a chance to get on last night, once i got home I had to cook dinner and do washing up. Then I realised I hadnt ironed a couple of shirts for Ian for the morning so i had to get back up and do that. Once that was finished I was too tired for anything and needed an early night as I had to get up and cook his breakfast as he had an early start in the morning.

Feel a bit tired now but I will get by...

Im sure he knows Im a woman but just on a wind up like the other one above.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I apologise for being so late to the table but unfortunately I didnt get a chance to get on last night, once i got home I had to cook dinner and do washing up. Then I realised I hadnt ironed a couple of shirts for Ian for the morning so i had to get back up and do that. Once that was finished I was too tired for anything and needed an early night as I had to get up and cook his breakfast as he had an early start in the morning.

What a plonker and im sure he knows Im a woman but just on a wind up.

I bet he dosnt know you come on here when you should be doing the cleaning.... ;)
  • Options
    Well I've cancelled my subscription to the Sun. The Doris in the newspaper shop said there'd been queues of people coming in all day to express their horror that a crap football reporter had been sacked for being thick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem for Gray is that he needs Sky more than sky needs him. He is also suing not for phone tapping, which is a sensitive subject for news international. You can see how they would be out to get him. Had he made the comments on air, i'd agree with him being sacked on the spot, even though you hear similar anti male banter on shows like loose women. That doesn't bother me as I can see it as banter and know deep down that they don't really mean it. If he says he holds these views and it wasn't banter between him and keys I'd sack him, but you have to be careful how you react as sarcasm (which I believe it was, following Karen Brady's previous comments) shouldn't be a sackable offence. Let's not get too precious - imequality has to be challenged and fought but not in the wrong places.

If women come forward and tell us how Andy Gray has damaged their football careers, happy to change my mind.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I apologise for being so late to the table but unfortunately I didnt get a chance to get on last night, once i got home I had to cook dinner and do washing up. Then I realised I hadnt ironed a couple of shirts for Ian for the morning so i had to get back up and do that. Once that was finished I was too tired for anything and needed an early night as I had to get up and cook his breakfast as he had an early start in the morning.

Brilliant!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]The problem for Gray is that he needs Sky more than sky needs him. He is also suing not for phone tapping, which is a sensitive subject for news international. You can see how they would be out to get him. Had he made the comments on air, i'd agree with him being sacked on the spot, even though you hear similar anti male banter on shows like loose women. That doesn't bother me as I can see it as banter and know deep down that they don't really mean it. If he says he holds these views and it wasn't banter between him and keys I'd sack him, but you have to be careful how you react as sarcasm (which I believe it was, following Karen Brady's previous comments) shouldn't be a sackable offence. Let's not get too precious - imequality has to be challenged and fought but not in the wrong places.

If women come forward and tell us how Andy Gray has damaged their football careers, happy to change my mind.

I agree....

I think its because men can take banter, its within our nature to not get offended (unless you read the guardian). From what I have seen and heard I dont think Gray should be sacked (he should have been warned about future conduct). If it was live on air, then yes more action should have been taken. I think this country has got to the stage where you have to pander to everyone who thinks they are minority and it just makes for positive discrimination (by the way, i have no problem what so ever with female officials in football).

i just think so many people in the media are getting angry about it, when i think they were joking around and having a laugh....

No-one has really answered the poiint i made previously about loose women...

how can they get away with being sexist to men (pretty much their whole show is filled with it) yet these two make a few remarks and one loses his job??

I just dont get it
  • Options
    What’s the world coming to; when you get suspended for saying that a woman “is a looker”. PC gone mad with the Burton comment. Andy Gray had to go after the Jackson incident, though Sam Matterface now of Talk Sport is a two faced berk saying Gray had to go, when there is a blatant Third Eye of him looking down Georgie Thompson’s top whilst on SSN.
    Anyone got a video of Jim White making racist/sexist comments?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]What’s the world coming to; when you get suspended for saying that a woman “is a looker”. PC gone mad with the Burton comment. Andy Gray had to go after the Jackson incident, though Sam Matterface now of Talk Sport is a two faced berk saying Gray had to go, when there is a blatant Third Eye of him looking down Georgie Thompson’s top whilst on SSN.
    Anyone got a video of Jim White making racist/sexist comments?

Why did he have to go after the jackson incident?

i am sorry, that is not a sackable offence (it would be if he kept doing it and she was offended etc)...for all we know, it could happen all the time and she could take it in good spirits!
  • Options
    Robert, Sussex_Addick dealt with your Loose Women point.
  • Options
    I think people are getting a bit confused here.

There are two sides to this. There is the 'is what they said acceptable' point and also the 'why did sky do it' point.

It is unprofessional for a presenter to slate a female ref behind whilst micked up in a studio. Live or otherwise. Anyone who has ever been in a studio knows that if you don't want it reported, don't say it. That's what cafe's are for.

The second point is why it came out and why he was sacked. This is clearly a Sky stich up, they wanted him out and it was only a matter of time before they caught him saying something they could use against him. However, had he not have said it they couldn't have done it. This doesn't make Sky right and it doesn't make what Gray said excusable.
    Two wrongs rarely make a right.

As a side note, I have been wondering whether whether Keys was involved in the stich-up. He hasn't been sacked, could he have been planted to get a conversation going about the lino?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Robert, Sussex_Addick dealt with your Loose Women point.

If your talking about posst #402, I dont think he did really. Just because men dominate in sport, business (which is debatable because there are lots of women in business) does not mean they should accept sexist opinions from women (on shows like loose women). Thats a silly arguement in my opinion. Its the same as racisim, it can occur both ways. In our culture at the moment, there seems to be a treand that racism and sexism can only be to non-english people or to women, which is wrong.

In my opnion, there is no difference between what the loose women say on a daily basis or what gray/keys said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]As a side note, I have been wondering whether whether Keys was involved in the stich-up. He hasn't been sacked, could he have been planted to get a conversation going about the lino?

I thought Andy Burton looked very shifty and uncomfortable when he was speaking to Gray pitchside. That crossed my mind on that one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Quote 306 - Chirpy Red: "Just cancelled my Sky subscription. Been with them since 1990, got it for West Indies v England. Young Lions Are Gonna Roar and all that.......

Bird on phone said loads and loads of cancelled subs since the sacking
    ".

[cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]KBS - I've met you. You are a really niceperson. Don't show yourself up on here. Everything has got out of proportion. I'm sorry but your long post was actually quite sad.

As for the other poster who pulled me up on my "Bird" comment............Whoooosh!

Have I cancelled my Sky subscription? Have I fuck?

Why would you say you've done something and then a few hours later deny it? Is it because you are that desperate to get a reaction? I'm sorry but your contradictory posts are quite sad.

Please fella, stop taking me and life so seriously!

Oh, believe me I have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said earlier, this behaviour has been going on for a long time.

Do you think people will put up with it forever without someobe or other in the studio getting right royally pissed off?
    Enough to risk l;osing their job if they take it higher up the lads ladder?

both these issues are not about the recent catalyst comments
    Both are long term issues

PS,
    Keys is just as bad but with a touch more of the arrogant big 'I am' about him. At least AG had a career of note
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]At least AG had a career of note

yeas cos 20 years as the main presenter on one of the biggest sports networks in the world is a shite career

i dont like keys but the blokes done well for himself.
  • Options
    Fair enough, If you think talking is as notable as doing
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited January 2011
    Robert, prejudice is about the perception that someone is less capable of carrying out a job because of something that's outside their control. The more that an attitude that "women can't do something" is acceptable or not unacceptable, the more difficult it is for women to succeed in that particular industry, regardless of their ability.

You may feel that there are "lots" of women in business, but it's far from an equality with men. You may also feel that there are plenty of ethnic minorities in high positions, but, again, it's not equal to their proportion in wider society.

The reason why no one has sympathy for you being discriminated against by the hosts of Loose Women is because being a white man does not put you at any sort of disadvantage in your day to day life. As a white man, you are not subject to any sort of prejudice or find it especially difficult in the workplace. Not all women or non-Caucasians are discriminated against, far from it, but some are, and far more women are discriminated against than men.

If there ever came a time when you were being discriminated against because of your race, gender, religion or sexuality, then I would hope someone would stand up for you and prevent that sort of prejudice.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bedaddick Ive just read this properly:

The really arent the full ticket are you curb-it?
    By making that ignorant statement you have just shown it is you who has zero sence of humour.
    Now go away son.

Can i ask why me not finding your joke funny is being ignorant? And why make questions about my mental health? Offensive oaf.
  • Options
    As for Andy Burton looking shifty, I think that's terminal really, nowt to do with the situation!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shagger Gray

Is the Daily Mail owned by Sky too... tho I know the Mail is normally this evil/vindictive. Who would want to live in the public eye.

I wonder what all these lovely ladies saw in Andy "1.7mill a year" Gray. (sexist).
  • Options
    Now they've sacked Gray, they should now sacked Keys as well. This is the perfect opportunity for Sky to set an example and give their jobs to women...............preferably pretty one's with big tits. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Robert, prejudice is about the perception that someone is less capable of carrying out a job because of something that's outside their control. The more that an attitude that "women can't do something" is acceptable or not unacceptable, the more difficult it is for women to succeed in that particular industry, regardless of their ability.

You may feel that there are "lots" of women in business, but it's far from an equality with men. You may also feel that there are plenty of ethnic minorities in high positions, but, again, it's not equal to their proportion in wider society.

The reason why no one has sympathy for you being discriminated against by the hosts of Loose Women is because being a white man does not put you at any sort of disadvantage in your day to day life. As a white man, you are not subject to any sort of prejudice or find it especially difficult in the workplace. Not all women or non-Caucasians are discriminated against, far from it, but some are, and far more women are discriminated against than men.

If there ever came a time when you were being discriminated against because of your race, gender, religion or sexuality, then I would hope someone would stand up for you and prevent that sort of prejudice.

I totally get what your saying, and I do agree that women have just as much right to officiate football matches as men and just as much right to be in high posistions of business etc etc I do not condone what they said and i do not feel that someone should be judged on their gender/race etc

I just dont think its right that women can be sexist because they are the ones who are discriminated against more. That arguement does not add up for me. Just because historically women and non-caucasions have been discriminated against, it does not give them a right to make sexist or racist comments about white and/or males which can go unpunished and yet gray/keys make some snide remarks about a female official once and one of them gets the sack. I'm against any sort of prejudice or discrimination, whether that be against a white male, black female etc etc
  • Options
    It's not that they are the ones who are discriminated against more, it's that they're the ones who are discriminated against full stop.

If in a few years time we find that an industry is dominated by Amazonian women who refuse to give men the time of day, and refuse to treat them as equals, then yes, it would be time to start treating those women in the same way as Gray and Keys