Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    DRF so go on justify your sweeping comment "white males dont etc etc etc" this not being in any why racist how so very strange same old cods wallop that when Diane Abbot says "west indian mothers really care" its not in anyway racist.

Here is one generalization for you this country would be a great deal better if all the so right on PC types all naff off and people just got on with it--rather than worrying about what some people might think of them if they (heaven forbid) say the wrong thing.

So what about the adverts for insurance companies that are women only ? orthe fun runs that are women only ? People sent years and years (Trade Unions mainly)on fighting exclusion, do explain how this isnt ?

Which is more damaging the fact that Mothers can be barred for toddler groups because they are British (dont hear to many ofthe PC brigade shouting). Or some numpty footie reporter saying an off the cuff remark that could cause offence ? Do tell which is worse?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Only scan read all the soapbox posts, but love Spankie's post. You get all the armchair ingrained opinions and then someone pop's up and says 'yeah, i worked for her and she was really good'. :-)
    What, using direct knowledge of the subject as the basis of a forum posting? Surely that's cheating? Ban him! Ban him I say!!!!!

lol ;o)
  • Options
    So two wrongs and it's OK
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I just hope Monday Night Football is presented by an attractive bird wearing a short skirt tonight seeing Keyes and Gray have been suspended.

Suspended, not suspenders!
  • Options
    For them to be suspended has gone to far! They made a private comment, which they are allowed to do!

If anyone has ever watched "loose women" they will know that show is so bloody sexist against men (i watched it with the misses once) and yet there is no media circus around it!

They made some stereotypical joke remarks, get over it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I just hope Monday Night Football is presented by an attractive bird wearing a short skirt tonight seeing Keyes and Gray have been suspended.

georgie thompson anyone?
  • Options
    Oh Gooner hater, where to start.

By point out my irony I thought it was obvious I put it there deliberately. I clearly and obviously meant. 'Many men I have met, dealt with and whose views are made known to the public' sorry if I went for the ironic twist version.

As for if al right on people left. I assume you mean a world which is open to persecutions. So as the gays, religious types, females, people from ethically diverse backgrounds, would you prefer that they:
    a) Left along with the 'PC brigade'
    b) Took the persecution on the chin, and maybe didn’t cry out to loudly when a mod hangs them from the nearest tree
    or c) so other utopian society you believe comes out of a lawless society.

Please also explain this line " People sent years and years (Trade Unions mainly)on fighting exclusion, do explain how this isnt ?" as I don't understand what you mean - do you believe unions have won the battle for equality or that they should never have started it?

Please give me one piece of evidence that this 'Mothers can be barred for toddler groups because they are British' has happened. And by proof I do not mean that the Daily Mail eluded to it once without getting any actual facts.

Please respond I really really would love to know how you justify these.
  • Options
    Georgie,she knows the off-side rule!
  • Options
    outcomes the pop corn ; - )
  • Options
    It seems to me that what happens in these debates is that somebody does something wrong - Keys and Gray. There is no real alternative position than what they said was wrong. They have been hauled over the coals by Sky over it.

Then you get a lot of other wrongs thrown in for justifying peoples positions either way. Prejudice is wrong. Full stop end of. Whether one set of prejudices are treated differently to another is a different issue and not, in my view, a reason for not exposing what Keys and Gray have said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]

Please give me one piece of evidence that this 'Mothers can be barred for toddler groups because they are British' has happened. And by proof I do not mean that the Daily Mail eluded to it once without getting any actual facts.

This was in the news the other day, and I feel the funding for the place from the council should be stopped. If it was the other way around, the guardian readers would be in uproar, saying how racist the group are etc etc.

I am all for treating people equally, but the balance has shifted to the point where the minorities are actually delt with more favourably to prevent any chance of a backlash due to "racism"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robert[/cite]

georgie thompson anyone?

or Charlotte Jackson.
  • Options
    If you hear the clip, it was clearly not just jokey banter - they really meant it, and deserve to be exposed for it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]

georgie thompson anyone?

or Charlotte Jackson.

That would be good...

Charlotte Jackson and Georgie Thompson presenting monday night football in their underwear....

Thats a way to increase the viewing figures...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Keys and Gray suspended for tonights game.

Both reached five yellow card offensive comments for the season. Amazed it took this long, or though there is nothing on the SSN yellow ticker about this. ;-)
  • Options
    what a palava

all be forgotten in a week and we can just go back to the football
  • Options
    [cite]

[/cite]
    [cite]

This was in the news the other day, and I feel the funding for the place from the council should be stopped. If it was the other way around, the guardian readers would be in uproar, saying how racist the group are etc etc.

I am all for treating people equally, but the balance has shifted to the point where the minorities are actually delt with more favourably to prevent any chance of a backlash due to "racism"[/cite]
    But it wasn't in 'The News' was it? It was in the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    To summarise, all we need from Linespeople is their full attention and a correct decision. A competent lady referee would have been infinitely preferable to the idiot we got on Saturday. When will presenters switch their brain on ( if available ), and learn to think before they speak ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]

[/cite]
    [cite]

I am all for treating people equally, but the balance has shifted to the point where the minorities are actually delt with more favourably to prevent any chance of a backlash due to "racism"[/cite]
    But itwasn'tin 'The News' was it? It was in the Daily Mail.

I dont read the daily mail...

I heard it on the radio the other day, on one of the chat shows in the morning.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]

[/cite]
    [cite]

But itwasn'tin 'The News' was it? It was in the Daily Mail.

I dont read the daily mail...

I heard it on the radio the other day, on one of the chat shows in the morning.

Radio 4 perhaps? No, thought not : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think people releasing private conversations to the press is wrong, unless of course they are doing some illegal. At first I thought female officials were a stupid idea but if they are making the right decisions and they aren't victimised by fans/players I don't see what the problem is with it.
  • Options
    'One of the talk shows'. TalkShite, perhaps? They're fond of repeating utter bollocks their 'researchers' get from reading the Mail
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Keyes and Gray suspended for tonights game.[/quote]

Good.[/quote]

Good... I think these mugs need to, as the Aussies out it, pull their heads in....
  • Options
    Sill nobody here , except me , thinks the taping and the disribution of the commemets is far more disgusting than the comments themselves.
    This person is the lowest form of life regardless of what Keys or Gray said.
    Am i alone ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Sill nobody here , except me , thinks the taping and the disribution of the commemets is far more disgusting than the comments themselves.
    This person is the lowest form of life regardless of what Keys or Gray said.
    Am i alone ?

I thought it was broadcast at the time? There was no illicit taping and distribution going on... or am I wrong about that?
  • Options
    It wasn't broadcast .
  • Options
    Ok, not every man and not every woman but do a significant number of men affectionally moan about women - their wives and partners and a a signifiacnt number of women do the same. WIthout giving the exact percentages, this is the best I can do :)
  • Options
    There mics were 'open' but not broadcasting, everything has to be recorded and these recordings were leaked.

But no it is in no way worse than hat they said. Very very clearly in the public interest.

Lets be straight, its not like it was a recording made of two people in their own house and totally unrelated to the image they portray to the public.

Very much like the Prescott affair before the election. Do you also believe that MPs should be allowed to voice personal views of the elctorate that they have just been seen to be smarming up to and not have this made available to the public.
  • Options
    Saga - no it was off-air. Someone at Sky has stitched them up by releasing it. Here's what was said:

Richard Keys: Well, somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.

Andy Gray: Yeah, I know. Can you believe that? Female linesman. Forget what I said – they probably don't know the offside rule.

RK: Course they don't.

AG: Why is there a female linesman? Somebody's f*cked up big.

RK: I can guarantee you there'll be a big one today. Kenny [Dalglish] will go potty. This is not the first time. Didn't we have one before?

AG: Yeah.

RK: Wendy Toms.

AG: Wendy Toms, something like that. She was f*cking hopeless as well.

RK: No, no, it's got to be done, it's good. The game's gone mad. See charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Yeah. Do me a favour, love.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]It wasn't broadcast .

Ah - my apologies - I should've paid more attention to the news article.