Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]BINGADDICK!!!

What are you on????????????????

I am the middle class liberal that you claim to hate, and proud of it.

A bit of counselling should sort this problem out....
  • Options
    Im your man.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]BINGADDICK!!!

What are you on????????????????

I am the middle class liberal that you claim to hate, and proud of it.

A bit of counselling should sort this problem out....

Lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Its the kind of conversation i hear all the time .

So just because you hear lots of things that are plainly wrong, that makes it right does it?

But the point you are missing is THAT THEY WERE NOT WRONG!!!!!
  • Options
    I have long thought that hairy men should not be allowed near a microphone, this incident has just proved my point.

Hairy men know nothing about broadcasting and there is always an issue when one is let loose on the live television.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Its the kind of conversation i hear all the time .

So just because you hear lots of things that are plainly wrong, that makes it right does it?

Please don't shout. Shouting loud doesn't mean you are right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I have long thought that hairy men should not be allowed near a microphone

Now don't change the subject by picking on us hairy men!
  • Options

Werent they? They were wrong about her knowledge of the offside rule for one.
  • Options
    Of course the two British mums thing was in the Daily mail---------strange that it just happened to be on the NEWS and they were interviewed ---still lets just says its was the Mail who manufactured it up and in fact it didnt happen at all

Yes of course we know in the twilight PC world that some exist in exclusion is ok when its the British its happening to .Sexism is ok when its men who are the victims and in fact only white/ english /men are racist ! Long live positive discrimination in all its forms ------never should it be seen as an oxymoron and harriet Harman is god (opps sorry Godess)
  • Options
    Goonerhater - can we burn any one yet? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

I am talking in general terms, not specifics. I am not necessarily talking about Off-Side. Just do not believe women should be involved in Professional football.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I have long thought that hairy men should not be allowed near a microphone

Now don't change the subject by picking on us hairy men!

It is my right as a white male to generalise about any group as I see fit. I believe in equality (except for hairy men)and think I should be able to call a spade and spade, a hoe a hoe and a hairy man an abomination unto the lord.
  • Options

I am talking in general terms, not specifics. I am not necessarily talking about Off-Side. Just do not believe women should be involved in Professional football.

Why shouldnt they? This lady is clearly as good as other PL assistents, and she got a very tough decision spot on....

She has worked her way up through the game (as all the male officials have), let her do her job
  • Options
    Keys is the king of hairy men.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Of course the two British mums thing was in the Daily mail
    strange that it just happened to be on the NEWS and they were interviewed ---still lets just says its was the Mail who manufactured it up and in fact it didnt happen at all

Yes of course we know in the twilight PC world that some exist in exclusion is ok when its the British its happening to .Sexism is ok when its men who are the victims and in fact only white/ english /men are racist ! Long live positive discrimination in all its forms
    never should it be seen as an oxymoron and harriet Harman is god (opps sorry Godess)

I totally agree....

The mail bashing comes from liberal leftys who just use "it come from the mail, so cant be correct" line to hide the fact they either do not understand a subject or they realise they dont have a leg to stand on

p.s. I dont read the daily mail
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]The mail bashing comes from liberal leftys who just use "it come from the mail, so cant be correct" line to hide the fact they either do not understand a subject or they realise they dont have a leg to stand on

I have declared my liberal credentials on here and I haven't mentioned it, let alone read it.

I'll say it again, I am against all forms of prejudice, even if it is reported in the Daily Mail.
  • Options

Why shouldnt they? This lady is clearly as good as other PL assistents, and she got a very tough decision spot on....

She has worked her way up through the game (as all the male officials have), let her do her job

Go and look up the word SPECIFIC. Then come back to me.
  • Options

They were more subtle on MOTD, the commentator instead of saying that it was just a big call by the linesman, referred to her gender by teeing her up for a fall, and then saying it was a big call and she appears to have got it right. There was just a hint of incredulity in his voice I thought.
  • Options
    I thought her kit was all washed and ironed perfectly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Go and look up the word SPECIFIC. Then come back to me.

Its is the prejudicial generalisation that is what is wrong with Keys and Grays comments and you are perpetuating it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bing save your breath matey. Its obviously a quiet Monday for some.... :-)
  • Options
    To be honest i don't think there's a place for such blatant sexism in football, we're in the 21st century now, times have changed.

Keys and Gray should be replaced by Georgie Thompson and Charlotte Jackson, who must at all times be seen wearing low cut tops and short skirts ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I thought her kit was all washed and ironed perfectly

lol quality
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Of course the two British mums thing was in the Daily mail
    strange that it just happened to be on the NEWS and they were interviewed ---still lets just says its was the Mail who manufactured it up and in fact it didnt happen at all

Yes of course we know in the twilight PC world that some exist in exclusion is ok when its the British its happening to .Sexism is ok when its men who are the victims and in fact only white/ english /men are racist ! Long live positive discrimination in all its forms
    never should it be seen as an oxymoron and harriet Harman is god (opps sorry Godess)

I totally agree....

The mail bashing comes from liberal leftys who just use "it come from the mail, so cant be correct" line to hide the fact they either do not understand a subject or they realise they dont have a leg to stand on

Sigh.

The support group in question was set up in an area where a lot of migrant workers, who don't speak much English, have arrived in recent years to do the menial, manual jobs that the local p***-taking scum (who have no interest in working a day in their miserable existence) won't. Said support group was designed for - and is run specifically to cater to the needs of - parents for whom English isn't their mother tongue. many of them don't speak English at all (working on farms doesn't really require it). The two women in question deliberately set out to make a point about the group - but succeeded only in making themselves look like fools when it was pointed out to them that there already English parents with children in the support group, and that they were turned away because of a lack of available places in the group due to it being over-subscribed (it's a victim of its own success). The Daily Hate, in it's usual pathetic way, spun this into a 'bloody foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs/houses/playgroup places' story (presumably there weren't any other stories going round that day of schools not calling green blackboards black any more, or bananas not being bent enough for the EU, or vaccines causing autism or some other such shite.)
  • Options
    The toss pot who recorded it needs a good shoeing.

Both of the two in question are stood down for tonight show .

Loose lips sink ships I hope they learn.

I reckon the majority of people on here have said something sexist to their mates at some stage get over it its no big deal really
  • Options
    Now if the board had appointed a woman as the new Charlton manager .....;-)
    Well one day it might happen....

(tiptoes back out of debate) :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Bing save your breath matey. Its obviously a quiet Monday for some.... :-)

If that comment is directed at me then you're wrong. I am very busy. However I will always stick up for what I know is right. Keys and Gray were right and 99.9% of men and almost as many women agree.

I am fed up with the loud voiced minority telling me what is right or wrong.

Now let's put this to bed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Bing save your breath matey. Its obviously a quiet Monday for some.... :-)

If that comment is directed at me then you're wrong. I am very busy. However I will always stick up for what I know is right. Keys and Gray were right and 99.9% of men and almost as many women agree.

Nowlet's put this to bed.

Well, I think you need to go back to school mate as you cant seem to be able to do percentages....

Your the only one on here that saying it is wrong for females to be involved in the professional game and the rest of us either do not care or think it is a good thing....
  • Options

Here are their comments on this subject, not a single thing they said was correct. Which point of their's was right in your opinion?

Richard Keys: Well, somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.
    Andy Gray: Yeah, I know. Can you believe that? Female linesman. Forget what I said – they probably don't know the offside rule.
    RK: Course they don't.
    AG: Why is there a female linesman? Somebody's f*cked up big.
    RK: I can guarantee you there'll be a big one today. Kenny [Dalglish] will go potty. This is not the first time. Didn't we have one before?
  • Options

Bollocks. 99.9% of men? Unless I live in a very, very cossetted little world, you're just wilfully wearing ignorance as a badge of pride, or are deliberately making an attempt to be 'controversially funny' then you're behaving like a berk. Stop it.