Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    got to go soon................ i have to hoover the carpet and do the washing up, my mrs will be home soon, and if she thinks there is going to be any hanky panky... !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Was thinking the same thing.

Lost your bottle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Some FACTS for you.

Tennis - look at the time they play - a lot of people get paid per hour and the women’s game in general takes the same time to play as the men’s game due to the number of aces V rallies.

Nice try but I don't think that is a FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]As far as I know, men don't interfere in netball, mud wrestling, synchronised swimming or other girlie sports.

So why do they keep trying to interfere with man sports. They'll be playing cricket next.

Do me a favour. The refs in most sports are male.

she has a point....

I personally have no problem with female officials in football, as long as they are good enough (which this lass ovbiously was) then good luck to them :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]whats your view on my boxing one Leroy?
    Exactly the same as yours. If they want to add women's boxing (no problem with that) then it shouldn't be to the detriment of one of the men's weights.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There may be an argument about womens tennis. As I understand it the leading womens players are not against going to five sets, its the Tournament Authorities that are against it.

It doesn't change for one iota, the issue about the assistant referee and the clear sexism that was demonstrated by Keys and Gray.

You can take what I think is Chirpy's line that men are from Mars and women are from Venus and that girls shouldn't come anywhere near the male professional football game. I think that is wrong in principle and also in reality.

We have already had a debate on here about Emma the women commentator on our games. That was hijacked by some peoples prejudices and sexism. The stuff about whether she was "fit" and ironing were trotted out. In the end, I think most on here would agree that people should be judged on what they do, not who they are.

Women have positions of authority over men in all other walks of life so why not in football. The test is the same one that should apply, namely can they do the job effectively and we saw over the weekend that they can.

Res ipsa loquitur.
  • Options
    Women football officials will probably be rubbish - the only thing is, we know the male ones ARE rubbish. So good luck to them I say - sexist attitudes within the game may hinder to some extent but could also help in other ways - players may be more respectful to female officials for example.
  • Options
    I mean come on there perfect for the job ....... they have eyes in the back of there head, they remember bloody everything and they know "by some mystical power" when your lying, all the credentials for a decent ref!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]There may be an argument about womens tennis. As I understand it the leading womens players are not against going to five sets, its the Tournament Authorities that are against it.

Might be useful to have a separate thread as this issue is interesting in its own right.

Correct re the Tournament Authorities. Women playing shorter matches also allows them more time to participate in money earning doubles game. But the average female tournament tennis player, when training hours and costs etc were all taken into account, earnt about 4% more overall than her male tournament counterpart. Not a vast amount, but nevertheless, on the equality of pay issue there is a case to be made that women should also play 5 sets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bubble[/cite]I mean come on there perfect for the job ....... they have eyes in the back of there head, they remember bloody everything and they know "by some mystical power" when your lying, all the credentials for a decent ref!!!

hahaha comment of the thread I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]whats your view on my boxing one Leroy?
    Exactly the same as yours. If they want to add women's boxing (no problem with that) then it shouldn't be to the detriment of one of the men's weights.

all silly sports decided on points such as ice skating, gymnastics, diving and boxing should be removed from the Olympics.

Waste of time.
  • Options
    she made a very good decision for the goal and i think there was a chance soon after, that she flagged offside for, that liverpool missed and got that one wrong ...... not 100% on that cos was trying to get out the door for our game

anyway good luck to her and anyone who has to officiate a game full of gobby twats that play football .... without the officials the game doesn't just happen FACT
  • Options
    Look by the sounds of it the touch paper has already been lit on here , i just hope her hubby got his dinner on time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Might be useful to have a separate thread as this issue is interesting in its own right.

Correct re the Tournament Authorities. Women playing shorter matches also allows them more time to participate in money earning doubles game. But the average female tournament tennis player, when training hours and costs etc were all taken into account, earnt about 4% more overall than her male tournament counterpart. Not a vast amount, but nevertheless, on the equality of pay issue there is a case to be made that women should also play 5 sets.

There is an issue here about equal pay, the problem is over the years, in pretty much every other walk of life, the issue is about the inequality of womens pay to mens. This stands out because it is unusual.
  • Options
    The more officials to pick from, the more rubbish ones will be out of a job so the standard will undoubtably improve if there were more women officials.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite].... without the officials the game doesn't just happen FACT

there speaks an experienced linesman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Haven't had time to read all the posts on this but it has the smell of a stitch up to me.Sky trying to cull a couple of dinosaurs.

I see the BBC are lapping it up.Wish they'd follow suit and do the bloody same with messrs Hansen, Lawrenson and Lineker.

I think punditry on sky, the beeb and ITV has become very stale and predictable, with all of them on their own ego fest. It is about time the tv companies worked this out and brought some new faces in to add freshness to their boring presentation.
  • Options
    Who is covering messrs Gray and Keys tonight then. No access to sky sports at present.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Who is covering messrs Gray and Keys tonight then. No access to sky sports at present.

Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh I believe...........
  • Options
    David Jones, Jamie Redknapp and Eider Gudjohnsonn (sp)

live from the ground rather than their studio with all the gadgets!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Who is covering messrs Gray and Keys tonight then. No access to sky sports at present.

Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh I believe...........

:-) very good!
  • Options
    Redknapp didn't blow it out in protest then?

Had his eye on the Gray job for a while.
  • Options
    Big sam's doing the commentry tonight aint he? Will be interesting to have a top manager give his views during the game (although I do like andy gray)
  • Options
    I know i'm setting myself up to be well and truely whacked with the "sexist" hammer but why are women officiating in a competition they can't enter as players? Womens football has become big enough for enough games for them to ref/run the line.

I know alot will argue that there are men officiating womens football but thats purely down to the lack of female referee's. And every time one of them gets a few good marks, they get delusions of grandure and want to step into the mens game.
    So girls, know your place (no, not the kitchen) and help to promote the women's game instead.

Next thing you know, we'll have women commentators next........oops, too late. And i bet there's someone here who thinks they're good at it as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I know i'm setting myself up to be well and truely whacked with the "sexist" hammer but why are women officiating in a competition they can't enter as players? Womens football has become big enough for enough games for them to ref/run the line.

Why does it matter? The ball is the same the pitch is the same, the rules are the same and the sanctions are same. It shouldn't make any difference. Men should be able to officiate in women's games and vice versa.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I know i'm setting myself up to be well and truely whacked with the "sexist" hammer but why are women officiating in a competition they can't enter as players? Womens football has become big enough for enough games for them to ref/run the line.

Why does it matter? The ball is the same the pitch is the same, the rules are the same and the sanctions are same. It shouldn't make any difference. Men should be able to officiate in women's games and vice versa.

Totally agree...i just dont get what all the fuss is about
  • Options

Men should be able to officiate in women's games and vice versa.

Ive been begging the Olympic committee to give me the women's beach volleyball gig on that basis for ages but the miserable bunchwont budge.
  • Options

I know alot will argue that there are men officiating womens football but thats purely down to the lack of female referee's. And every time one of them gets a few good marks, they get delusions of grandure and want to step into the mens game.
    So girls, know your place (no, not the kitchen) and help to promote the women's game instead.

Next thing you know, we'll have women commentators next........oops, too late. And i bet there's someone here who thinks they're good at it as well.

totally agree ...................actually so does my mrs he he............. so it must be right
  • Options
    How Can Andy Gray be sexist.. he was a woman during the 70's!!

andy-gray-pic.jpg
  • Options
    Gray caught again

Skip to 57 seconds, the annoying transfer tit is in on it as well.

Hopefully he gets sacked, not just because of this but he is a terrible pundit/commentator.