Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You sure this Microphone is off? Andy Gray Sacked.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite]Gray caught again

Skip to 57 seconds, the annoying transfer tit is in on it as well.

Hopefully he gets sacked, not just because of this but he is a terrible pundit/commentator.

Hang , draw and quarter him by all means ( and many seem to be taking great pleasure in it) for his sexist points of view but a terrible punter he is not. I take it you have never heard Mark Lawrenson and Andy Townsend?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Why does it matter? The ball is the same the pitch is the same, the rules are the same and the sanctions are same. It shouldn't make any difference. Men should be able to officiate in women's games and vice versa.

Isn't it?

Unfortunately though I didn't make it past my trial period for line judge in womans beach volleyball. They said I wasn't paying attention, but I was, the Brazilian no. 5 had the most fantastic pair of....

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Debaser[/cite]Gray caught again

Skip to 57 seconds, the annoying transfer tit is in on it as well.

Hopefully he gets sacked, not just because of this but he is a terrible pundit/commentator.

Hang , draw and quarter him by all means ( and many seem to be taking great pleasure in it) for his sexist points of view but a terrible punter he is not. I take it you have never heard Mark Lawrenson and Andy Townsend?

So? Lawrenson and Townsend have nothing to do with Andy Gray who is a terrible pundit in his own right. Blatant bias towards any Top four club, see "GERRARD YOU BEAUTY" and spouts insane ramblings for 90% of the time while moving players about on his electric whiteboard. Even Sam Allardyce made a better job as the commentator tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    at the end of the day its a mans game played for men by men with mens sense of humour........simple
    has no one ever had a joke ?
    its just a private off screen joke thats all no more no less.
  • Options
    The funniest thing is that Sky News stitched up Gordon Brown during the election campaign when they recorded and the broadcast his private comments after meeting that "dreadful woman" in Rochdale, or wherever it was.

Brown had the guts and decency to go to the woman in question's house and apologise in person for what he had said.

I wonder if Gray and Keys will have the decency to do the same to the lineswoman in question? Nah, thought not. Even though she was spot on in her handling of the game in question.

Sky and the Murdoch media have set new lows in broadcasting private conversations and tapping peoples' phones - now they can have some back. Fecking arseholes the lot of them.
  • Options
    Keys has apologised to the lass.

Gray, whether you like him or not, is an excellent pundit. No one reads a game as well as him. No one else sees things he sees so quickly.

I've made my points earlier but just want to add....... Many, many people are sexist, racist or homophobic, not necessarily extreem, but many have views that could be called predujiced. But they don't broadcast it to all and sundry. These two did not do anything PUBLICLY. We all have our own private conversations.

How many of you can honestly, honestly say that you have never ever told or laughed at a joke that others would find offensive?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Keys has apologised to the lass.

Gray, whether you like him or not, is an excellent pundit. No one reads a game as well as him. No one else sees things he sees so quickly.

I've made my points earlier but just want to add....... Many, many people are sexist, racist or homophobic, not necessarily extreem, but many have views that could be called predujiced. But they don't broadcast it to all and sundry. These two did not do anything PUBLICLY. We all have our own private conversations.

How many of you can honestly, honestly say that you have never ever told or laughed at a joke that others would find offensive?

We sing from the same hymn sheet Chirpy.

Now lets find the arsehole that released the recording and give them the same amount of stick.
    You just don't know who you can trust nowadays as it seems there is always someone ready to stab you in the back for a quick buck.
  • Options
    True true chirp. My mate tells me you have a small one and we joke about it but would never dream of putting out to the public.

As for you beds I've had to listen to your outrage all day. Yawn off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]True true chirp. My mate tells me you have a small one and we joke about it but would never dream of putting out to the public.

Well we all know she's a liar!
  • Options
    Much prefer Alan Smith over Andy Gray, Richard Keys is little more than Gray's bitch and is pretty easily replaced.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gray caught on camera again according to the news.

as for the best quote of the day on this thread I give you:
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]True true chirp. My mate tells me you have a small one and we joke about it but would never dream of putting out to the public.

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Richard Keys, known for years to me and my mates as Patronising Bright Jacket, that was until he was told to wear a more subdued coloured suit. Could never see why he remained Skys "premier" football presenter.

As a pundit I have always liked Andy Gray. This should all blow over but Gray needs wind it in and keep his opinions to himself. I've no doubt that somebody has been out to get him, so perhaps this is the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options

But how many of us would make a sexist comment/joke about someone whilst we are at work? True they didn't intend for their comments to be publicly known however surely they should have been professional enough that as broadcasters to know there is a chance that their comments could be recorded or overheard by someone and therefore to not be stupid enough to say anything even if that is their personal opinion.

As for an excellent pundit, I'm sorry but I disagree. In the past I would have agreed but in the last few years he has got very lazy and states the obvious. Personally I prefer Alan Smith at the moment, he talks a lot of sense, once you get past the accent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]once you get past the accent.

Yes needs some sinex nasal spray.
  • Options
    I would say many would make a sexist comment/joke at work. It depends on your work enviorment. I work in a 99% male world, so do Keys and Gray I would suggest.

They were at work, but not working. Just as I wouldn't maybe make a "sexist" joke to a female client....... Hang on yes I would! And they'd laugh. The world's gone mad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]But how many of us would make a sexist comment/joke about someone whilst we are at work? True they didn't intend for their comments to be publicly known however surely they should have been professional enough that as broadcasters to know there is a chance that their comments could be recorded or overheard by someone and therefore to not be stupid enough to say anything even if that is their personal opinion.

Absolutely spot on and even off air these guys will be heard spouting off by their colleagues some of whom, shock horror may by women who may have heard all this before and decided to give them some comeuppance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I know i'm setting myself up to be well and truely whacked with the "sexist" hammer but why are women officiating in a competition they can't enter as players? Womens football has become big enough for enough games for them to ref/run the line.

I know alot will argue that there are men officiating womens football but thats purely down to the lack of female referee's. And every time one of them gets a few good marks, they get delusions of grandure and want to step into the mens game.
    So girls, know your place (no, not the kitchen) and help to promote the women's game instead.

Next thing you know, we'll have women commentators next........oops, too late. And i bet there's someone here who thinks they're good at it as well.

What a load of bilge!

I'm certain that the women who work in the game have all grown up loving, watching, playing football, just as much as most fanatical, football loving men. Chromosomes do not need, & should not need to be a defining factor when someone knows the game.

Women ran this country while the men were at War, & did a mighty fine job. Gender didn't come into it if you were skilled at building planes, tanks, making guns, bullets, other munitions & numerous other vital products for every day use. Not forgetting the day to day jobs, bus/train drivers, cabbies, & so much more.

Some of the men I've seen officiating at our games have been truly f*cking awful. If more women come in to the game, & through their sheer determination, & in spite of comments like Grays/Keys/yours, become better officials than we have, & up the standards of the game, then I'm all for it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Just as I wouldn't maybe make a "sexist" joke to a female client.......

Hold on Chirpy's turning pinko...... wait a minute panic over
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Hang on yes I would! And they'd laugh. The world's gone mad.

Would they be laughing out of a sense of fun, wickedness or embarrassment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]What a load of bilge!

I'm certain that the women who work in the game have all grown up loving, watching, playing football, just as much as most fanatical, football loving men. Chromosomes do not need, & should not need to be a defining factor when someone knows the game.

Women ran this country while the men were at War, & did a mighty fine job. Gender didn't come into it if you were skilled at building planes, tanks, making guns, bullets, other munitions & numerous other vital products for every day use. Not forgetting the day to day jobs, bus/train drivers, cabbies, & so much more.

Some of the men I've seen officiating at our games have been truly f*cking awful. If more women come in to the game, & through their sheer determination, & in spite of comments like Grays/Keys/yours, become better officials than we have, & up the standards of the game, then I'm all for it.

Nailed it for me.

There are very few jobs these days which can for physical reasons best or even only be done by men. Football refereeing ain't even remotely one of those.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

We sing from the same hymn sheet Chirpy.

Now lets find the arsehole that released the recording and give them the same amount of stick.
    You just don't know who you can trust nowadays as it seems there is always someone ready to stab you in the back for a quick buck.

Yes, just like the arseholes at Sky News and The Sun TWICE stitched up Gordon Brown by recording and publishing private conversations that he had whilst Prime Minister.

The Sun even had the balls to publish and broadcast a recording of his private conversation with a woman whose son had died in Iraq/Afghanistan whilst Sky News recorded and broadcast a recording of his "awful woman" comments.

Has anyone apologised for those yet or been punished for such disgusting gutter actions? No, they haven't. I wonder why.

Murdoch and his cronies made this kind of thing acceptable and now they can pay the price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know one thing

the bird in question ;) scrubs up well

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3369470/Sky-Sports-Andy-Gray-and-Richard-Keys-in-sexism-row-over-lineswoman-Sian-Massey.html
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Very constructive as usual Curb it. Just what i would expect from one of your posts. Go and darken someone else's corner.
  • Options
    http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sBJGKPCxm07vR-DQO91AOkg/view.m?
    id=15&gid=football/blog/2011/jan/24/richard-keys-andy-gray-sky&cat=football

This article is spot on.

I used to like Andy Gray but he's gone off the boil (like the Premiership) in the past 3 or 4 years.....as for Keys.....
  • Options
    Sometimes its better to move those who feel that they are the only key people in their role on. Looks like it could be time for these 2 .

If we had more female officials it might stop players chasing and abusing the refs and lino's it wouldn't look to good if rooney, terry, and co ran up in her face screaming and shouting would it
  • Options
    FFS its over now its a view they hold whatever they say in the future,nothing to be sorry about its what they feel.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The phrase 'a storm in a teacup' has never been so apt.
  • Options
    True.
  • Options
    Isn't this all just very sad.

I thought my days of justifying women watching/playing/having anything to do with football were well & truly over. But alas, it appears not.

I've lost count of the amount of time I got challenged in a pub by geezers asking , 'alright love, you like football, explain the offside rule'. For a time I'd get bottles, glasses, beer mats & explain away & then they'd move things about & say 'what about now?'. Until one night I got asked again & I just answered 'why, after all your years of watching, you need a women to explain it to you? Oh the shame!' & I downed my pint & strolled up to the bar.

Growing up watching football on TV with my Dad & Bruv I couldn't fail to understand the offside rule. The rows they had over decisions made would see most of the women in our house run to the hills. Me? I'd sit transfixed watching them so passionate about the game & how right they both thought they were. I never saw either of them so animated about anything else, ever. So me, I wanted a piece of it.

I'd spend most of my youth arguing with Nun's who wouldn't let me play football at school (ironically, the year I left school they finally relented). It all came too late for me but once I started to see the womens game take off & grow in such a small space of time I started to feel that the tide was turning (having said that, I feel it's gone stagnant of late).

I then started work in a environment which was 98% male. My past help me alot in the early years. But sexism was rife. I'd like to say now that the difference is immense.

So that's why I feel all this is just so sad and unnecessary. It pleases me that there is a majority here that believe the Sky duo were out of order. Those who clearly don't I think they just feel threatened that their last bastion of male only environment is being taken away. Well a word to you. Next time your at the Valley look around. Women & children everywhere. Football has changed, like it or not, move with or be left behind.

For those who say the conversation was private. I'm afraid that is no excuse or justification in the workplace. While you're at work, you are contracted to the company & represent them. If you say something that is heard by a third party who are offended then you will become liable to any action your employer decides to take. I mean please, how stupid were they? Having that conversation whilst still miked up????

Do I want them sacked? Not up to me. I would ask Sian or Karen what they would like. I understand Keys has apologised. Fair play to him. I should think he should seeing he gets told what to say in his ear & knows less about football than I do about American football!!

Maybe we haven't moved on as much as we thought. Sad.
  • Options
    What a couple of old dinosaurs. Reminded me of these two.
  • Options
    100% Spot on - KBLS