Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2011

Comments

• Options
    Whatever happens today, Peanuts has never flinched from publishing his opinion.

A public tipster is a very lonely occupation sometimes, and we thank him for his research.

Obviously, we will never see him on the MOTD sofa with Lawro, Al & Co because definite opinions are not allowed there !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]
    Obviously, we will never see him on the MOTD sofa with Lawro, Al & Co because definite opinions are not allowed there !

Thats cos horses cant play football
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]Whatever happens today, Peanuts has never flinched from publishing his opinion.

A public tipster is a very lonely occupation sometimes, and we thank him for his research.

Too kind Valiantphil. Not sure I'd want to sit too close to Lawro anyway but thanks for the thought.

Just had a chuckle at more absolute tripe that the "pundits" peddle. Mark Winstanley writing in the Daily Star about What A Friend:

"This eight-year-old was fourth in the Cheltenham Gold Cup last month, but runner-up Denman let the form down here on Thursday."

Denman was indeed disappointing (and What A Friend may run poorly today) but to say that Denman let down the form of what was probably the hottest Gold Cup in at least a decade, run 9 secs faster than standard on good ground, is palpable bilge.

EDIT & MILD RETRACTION: I guess he's trying to say that the GN may come too soon after that GC. Fair enough (though in fact stats suggest that strong performances at the Festival are typically a positive pointer for the GN)......but the form of that GC is unquestionable.
  • Options
    A lot in for Quinz now, including Pricewise.

Fair play to them but I couldn't back a 7 year old novice, good weight or not!
  • Options
    Not a betting man so without me trawling the thread can some kind soul please tell me where PM says I should invest some of my millions ;0)
  • Options
    Oscar Time
    State Of Play
    Hello Bud
    What A Friend

Best place potential of those guaranteed a run - Becauseicouldntsee
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Oscar Time
    State Of Play
    Hello Bud
    What A Friend

Best place potential of those guaranteed a run - Becauseicouldntsee

And if you fancy a wild one at a big price (joint ranked with Becauseicouldntsee) Golden Kite 80/1 VC (who ISLS spotted are paying 6 places for each way)
  • Options
    Cheers PM and Stu. Happy days are here again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]And if you fancy a wild one at a big price (joint ranked with Becauseicouldntsee) Golden Kite 80/1 VC (who ISLS spotted are paying 6 places for each way)

Of course, how could I forget.

Have put £2.50e/w on GK! If it comes in I should be able to buy most of Hull!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Golden Kite 80/1 VC (who ISLS spotted are paying 6 places for each way)

Down to 66/1 at VC now, still 80s at bet365, altohugh they only offfer 5 places e/w
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Market movers are Quinz and Silver By Nature, Don't Push It hasn't budged since last night at 9/1
  • Options
    Decided to go along with a couple of your selections PM, never had a winner through my own picks (plenty of places though) so hopefully this will be the year to break my duck. If not you can all blame me as I am a definite bad omen for this race. Thanks for all the great advice PM
  • Options
    I am due a bust, normally do well every other year, winner and places in 2008 and 2010, 2009 was a blowout... wonder what this year will bring...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Golden Kite 80/1 VC (who ISLS spotted are paying 6 places for each way)

Down to 66/1 at VC now, still 80s at bet365, altohugh they only offfer 5 places e/w

I'd always go for the 6th place myself - having had Feels Like Gold at 100/1 for 4 places when he finished 5th in 1999 (I remember we were playing at The Riverside that day....can't remember the score, just the bloody near miss at AIntree)
  • Options
    I should stay away from the laptop when pi55ed, I went onto VC last night a laid my 43 quid winnings from Master minded onto the same 4 horses I backed with Billy Hill. Struth I've bets all over the place : (
  • Options
    We're in the money people. Just finished golf and I saw someone flying a KITE!

It's a sign!
  • Options
    What colour was it Plaaayer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]What colour was it Plaaayer?

If it was Golden, or even yellow at a push then the deposit fund is being relocated!

P.S. tip for anyone struggling to get on VC, use quick deposit on the betting slip as the main deposit server appears to be down.
  • Options
    I reckon after a couple of jars most any colour would pass for gold for Plaaayer today.
  • Options
    VC have suspended my account...............apparently I was trying to put my Mortgage on a horse last night : (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]VC have suspended my account...............apparently I was trying to put my Mortgage on a horse last night : (

They are going to think I'm a lunatic. I've done the whole family's on there as well as mine with the 1-6 places on offer.

I've backed about 30 horses!
  • Options
    Despite some doubt about the ground I have backed Silver By Nature trained by the Lucinda Russell/Peter Scudamore partnership.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Despite some doubt about the ground I have backed Silver By Nature trained by the Lucinda Russell/Peter Scudamore partnership.

You do like a mudlark AA. Good luck, even though I'll be paying out!
  • Options
    I couldn't tell, it was flying a couple of lengths higher than all the other ones :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]VC have suspended my account...............apparently I was trying to put my Mortgage on a horse last night : (

They are going to think I'm a lunatic. I've done the whole family's on there as well as mine with the 1-6 places on offer.

I've backed about 30 horses!

You guys are the reason I can't connect to the VC website!
  • Options
    Good luck Peanuts.

Win or lose, it's been an entertaining past couple of weeks.

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    No word of a lie I've just put Special Agent Oso on for the little 'un and it's the Diamonds are for Kites episode! It's a sign I'm telling you.

Think I might have an extra bullseye on the back of that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Good luck Peanuts.

Win or lose, it's been an entertaining past couple of weeks.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers pal. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Arbor Supreme 20/1 is my bet.
  • Options
    Predictor on my Racing Post app gives it to
    Silver Nature
    with, WAF, Quinz & Arbor Supreme
    then Grand Slam Hero & Tidal Bay.