Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW CL......questions, fixes and suggestions

Comments

• Options
    @Curb_It - ha, thanks. I hadn't worked that one out myself and thought it was a bug !
  • Options
    I have absolutely no problem with the change at all, I just liked the solid look of before. If the changes help make the site more efficient then great! 
  • Options

I'm getting a notice about a script running on this page that might affect internet explorer and make my computer unresponsive when I try to post. However after a delay the post shows up.

Anyone else or is it just my machine that has a problem?

• Options
    Not just you Len - but then my laptop is RUBBISH!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    One suggestion. On the page count, can you underline the page that we're on as well as having it a different colour? I'm having trouble differentiating between the two.

Oh, and please God, NO SIGNATURES!
  • Options
    ALL SWEARWORDS AND INSULTS MUST BE IN BLUE AND RED. 
  • Options
    Blackberry test .......
    Yep works by pressing the bottom lines last thing
  • Options
    How many posts are there per page , or is it length dependant on the posts.
    Not that it matters
  • Options
    That's a snazzy addition. If you put an @ before a users name when mentioning them that user gets notified when logging on. Prob already been mentioned.
  • Options
    @LenGlover - Ive noticed that as well, I think it is specific to Internet Explorer as I got it with IE6. Will raise it as a bug fix
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @AFKA & @LenGlover - had similar issues but turned out to be Adobe problems - have helpfully forgotten which particular Adobe programme but had to wipe and re-install Adobe stuff.
  • Options
    @stilladdicted - thanks, thats handy to know.

As curb it mentioned above, if in your text you put someone's username and put an @ in front, they will receive either a notifying icon at the top of the forum, or an email notifier. But it has to be exactly as the username, so in my case @AFKABartram not @AFKA. This should also happen to responses to a thread you start.

You can amend these defaults by editing your own account.
  • Options
    @AFKABartram very swish. 

but surely once you put the @ up a drop down list of users names should pop up so we dont have to type the whole name in... (just kidding).  bet @colinwalsheslovechild gets a lot of @'s... not.

• Options
    @AFKABartram I assume that won't work with my username, due to the spaces, rather than underscores in my username.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind a 'bottom' or 'back to top' button...

It's a lot of slip sliding on an iPhone...
  • Options
    Agree with earlier comment that it would be useful to reinstate the "Started by" and perhaps add "Started on" date if possible.
  • Options
    Very nice. Seems a bit all over the place on the Android phone. Will have a proper fiddle later
  • Options
    Love the new layout on the iPhone but I can't post anything. I can't type anything into the message box.
  • Options
    No signatures please
  • Options
    @drawnablank Having the same problem myself, I click into the box and type - nothing happens.

As you say though, the forum does look brilliant through the iPhone!

Also really agree with the no sig/post count, almost every forum I've ever been on with post counts is full of idiots posting crap to increase said postcount!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@drawnablank and @Stu of HU5

If you click on the icon to the right of the print button (show source) and then click in the comments box your keypad should then come up.

• Options
    @Weegie, the 'started by' shows when viewed on mobile but not on PC. Will raise.
  • Options
    looks alot better on my smart phone but, can't view other pages on threads? can only view the page it opens on?
  • Options
    @scruffle at the top of the thread should be a button called older posts
  • Options
    @AFKABartram notice how the spaces dont pick up when you @ someone?  ie stu?

• Options
    @AFKABartram

The keypad does come up but what I'm typing doesn't appear in the message box.
  • Options
    Is there any need for the persons picture to be there on the phone version? could it be just the persons name? seems to make i a bit more awkward and all over the place on the andorid
  • Options
    it looks good on iphone
  • Options
    edited May 2011

@Stu1of1Hu5

Seems ok

• Options
    FAIL