Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW CL......questions, fixes and suggestions

Comments

• Options
    Using iphone...... Would to be good to navigate to the bottom of page or even better, the last post. Especially when posting a comment as when I posted this it was only taking me halfway through the posts.

Also would be good to be able to have posts in reverse so last shows first.

Unsure of the pics on iPhone, they take up a lot of space.

Looks good though, well done chaps.
  • Options
    When voting on the AV would ya thread by Dave Rudd I get the message 1440 is too many characters!

Dont know why I only copy & pasted his list
  • Options
    Being very slow on my iPhone when it's a thread with a lot of comments. Especially when typing replies and turning the phone so the view changes.
  • Options
    I like the dismiss thread option!

Dismisses this thread.
  • Options
    @lookout @afkabartram it hangs on the iPhone when entering a comment for the first time. Ok when you go back to it.
  • Options

@lookout @afkabartram I am having the same issue as @BDL when accessing CL on my PC ... I post a comment and after a few seconds, a dialog box appears stating that a script is running, click 'yes' to stop script and it still takes a few more seconds for comment to appear. I'm using IE.

Cheers

@stonemuse

• Options
    @stonemuse I think this is a specific issue with ie6. Is that what you are using ?
  • Options
    re SHG's post above, can I have all the posts I read spoken in the voice of Joanna Lumley please?
  • Options
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned but having the author of the threads name showing again would be useful!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It does stu on the mobile version, not at mo on the pc version. It's down as one of the things to fix.

Cheers for all your feedback guys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a button that could take you to the last comment? On the iphone its impossible to get to the end of a long thread.....

Yes, this is to do with the 'new bird off countdown' thread....

• Options
    So 'Live Love Laugh and Be Happy' got the boot :(
  • Options
    Can someone wise please advise a techno-cretin like me how to edit his thumbnail please? My square box below does'nt want to change..
  • Options
    Please ignore last post. Techno-cretin succeeds..
  • Options
    Click on New Discussion and IE8 hangs.  Can add new discussion title but no text....
  • Options

The new site is really, really slow on my work PC. Takes ages to type anything and even long for the post to appear. Seems to affect the whole workings of my PC.

The hardware here at work is ancient mind you and all works fine on my home PC which is only a few months old.

• Options
    I can't go back to edit posts either at home or at work. Bad idea when your spelling's as bad as mine is...
  • Options

Following on from my earlier post - cannot start a new discussion.  Can add a discussion title but no text.  IE8 locks with an error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
    Timestamp: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:41:16 UTC

Line: 21
    Char: 226
    Code: 0
    URI: http://forum.charltonlife.com/plugins/cleditor/jquery.cleditor.min.js?v=0.5

Line: 21
    Char: 226
    Code: 0
    URI: http://forum.charltonlife.com/plugins/cleditor/jquery.cleditor.min.js?v=0.5

Hope this helps...!

• Options
    Following on from the above - seems OK in Safari....
  • Options
    Your problem......you're using IE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@AFKABartram - using IE7

• Options
    @AFKABartram works in Google Chrome ... must be a problem for IE7?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you press "back" after reading a post, it still shows the posts you have just read as "NEW". To remove this you have to refresh the forum homepage or click Forum at the top.

Google Chrome and Google Mobile browser.

Small issue but will be a hard habit to get out of!
  • Options
    Having a few problems editing posts....
  • Options
    Right now I set the limit on editing your own posts to 24 hrs. I can change that.
  • Options
    Tba we've disabled the inbox messaging for a while to try out a few things
  • Options
    i'm not on twatter. what's all this @username business?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

@LoOkOut

I don't think the time limit is the problem as I tried to edit but couldn't straight away when I realised I hadn't put Semedo's name in red on the Friday 5 thread.

I tried again just now but I still couldn't edit.

Ironically and strangely I've managed  to edit this!

• Options
    ISawLeaburnScore 10:19AMIf you press "back" after reading a post, it still shows the posts you have just read as "NEW". To remove this you have to refresh the forum homepage or click Forum at the top.
    If you click on back to discussions this eliminates the prob
  • Options
    Why do my comments appear with a blue background?