Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW CL......questions, fixes and suggestions

Comments

• @ShootersHillGuru Can you quote Bounmouth Addicks comment above?

Test 2
  • Search function dont work does it ?
  • edited May 2011
    I get an email to say someone has "whispered" me via the new inbox but nothing to inform me on the CL forum pages such as "you've got a new message in your in-box"

Sort it out Curbs  Slater  Lookie

EDIT  Now seeing a number alongside "in-box" to say how many messages I have so well done Curbs Slater Lookie
  • No one has sent me a message. Why am I not as popular as Henry ?
  • No one has sent me a message. Why am I not as popular as Henry ?
    How long have you got?  : - )

• When I see a post of mine it's always in blue. Is that just to highlight or pick out my posts on my computer? Or am I, for want of a better term, quoting myself?
  • Shows you your posts so you can find them easier.
  • Cheers, mate. I can see now that it's a lighter blue to the 'quote' blue.
  • cant seem to post from my android phone (cant click into the comments box).

the poker tournie thread is appearing twice.

no search facility.

• cant seem to post from my android phone (cant click into the comments box).

Same here
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know whats happened to my dissertation thread?

I can only access it through my history and its no longer on the discussions page. It also has 'announcement' now written under it.

Thanks.

• Can't post comment from my HTC Wildfire yet.
    Just testing Red Robin... Doesn't show who I'm quoting and I bet my comments go in the blue box. Should this be in the OCD thread?!
    Just testing Red Robin... Doesn't show who I'm quoting and I bet my comments go in the blue box. Should this be in the OCD thread?!
    ????
  • Also every time I post I get a window saying: Stop running this script? A script on this page is causinInternet Explorer to run slowly. If it continmues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

Any ideas how to fix this?

• those saying you cant post from android... i think if you click on the icon above next to the printer it allows you to post.

• those saying you cant post from android... i think if you click on the icon above next to the printer it allows you to post.

tried that.

it does bring up a new text box which you can type in, then within the new text box is a 'submit' button. when this is pressed it doesn't transfer the text to the comment posting box.

• Or do you mean this icon
  • Cheers curb it
  • Also every time I post I get a window saying: Stop running this script? A script on this page is causinInternet Explorer to run slowly. If it continmues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I've posted similar earlier.

The problem is internet explorer apparently or earlier versions at least. Very annoying!

• Sponsored links:

• Try to post and my message doesn't appear just a red rectangular box with body required!

I'm Len Glover not Peter Sutcliffe! :-)

• I cant quote bits of posts, only the whole post.
    I'm not sure I can continue like this......
  • Len.  You could try switching your browser and use Firefox instead.
  • Len.  You could try switching your browser and use Firefox instead.

You are talking to a man who is euphoric if he can actually turn the computer on properly!

How would I go about doing what you suggest and how much would it cost?

• Google firefox. Click the download button and follow the on screen prompts. Its free.
  • Just out of interest are there any plans to bring back the "Who's online" box?

Was invaluable for working out whether someone you wanted to dig out talk to was likely to take the bait be around to talk to.
  • The problem is internet explorer apparently or earlier versions at least. Very annoying!

I have this problem with IE7. Now using Google Chrome to access CL.

Also regarding the problem adding comment via Android / HTC, I tried Curb_It's suggestion and it now works.
  • Just out of interest are there any plans to bring back the "Who's online" box?

Was invaluable for working out whether someone you wanted to dig out talk to was likely to take the bait be around to talk to.

This

And how do I search for old threads?

This

And how do I search for old threads?

Well !??