Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW CL......questions, fixes and suggestions

Comments

• Options
    A small cosmetic wish list item:

Can 'Back to Discussions' be located just above 'Write Comment' - when just reading topics it would be quicker to get back to the Forum discussions page rather than having to scroll passed the comment block each time.  I too used to use the browser back button to go back as it was quicker, but you already know that it is not refreshing the New message count on that page now.
  • Options
    @gilbertfilbert

That's so you can find your posts easily, just like on Twitter
  • Options
    Having probes like Len when editing on iPad. Screen seems to freeze for ages when editing. I also have to press the write comment button2 or. 3 times before I can post.
  • Options
    @Ross

Thanks Ross.
  • Options
    Good improvements guys.  Many thanks.  However, trying to write a comment in IE just seems to freeze up Explorer.  Works fine with Firefox though?!
    Could we have the option to move between pages back at the top of the page as well as the bottom please?
  • Options
    It will say '3 new' on a thread, but when you click on it you can't see the new posts.
  • Options

Is there a time issue on here?

When someone is replying to a thread it shows it as the wrong time? much earlier then the current time....

sorry if someone has already mentioned this

• Options
    I can't access me inbox!!!!
  • Options

@Duck-Killer Brown

It's set to Bermuda time I believe

• Options

oh right....is that were the admin team are???

Can it be changed or is it the same for everyone?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could all move to Bermuda...
  • Options
    I like the new site but i cant use it with IE it just locks up. At least im not getting any more viruses.
  • Options
    @Bedsaddick

We are looking into the ie issues. Is the freezing up, saying abort script specific to ie6 or is it other versions as well ?
  • Options
    Yes it says abort script when trying to post but most of the time it just freezes. Not a problem though cos I prefer google Chrome anyway.
  • Options
    Ta, is it ie6 or a later version ?
  • Options
    It's the latest version.
  • Options

If you click 'add a comment' when you're not signed in, the lack of border on the login dialog box makes it a little unclear.  Also, when you do log in it throws you to the home page rather than remain on the page from which you were commenting.

Hyperlinks load in the same tab.

• Options
    Also, if you click sign in twice (see above) you get two dialogue boxes.  Not tried three times but reckon it will give me three :)
  • Options
    can we have cut & paste back by next season for Players Marks please
  • Options
    Just a quick thing. On my iPhone, I can not choose what page I want to go on, e.g on the rumors page, I can choose page 53 I have to keep going all the way down to newer posts. Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've used the site in IE (7, 8 & 9), Firefox (3 and 4) and Chrome without any problems. On the mobile site I've figured out how to get the keyboard to show up on my Android, but not my Blackberry (and no, I'm not said enough to have bought both - one of them is from work). I don't think the Facebook style works well at all - is there an option to go to the full site? If not - there should be - the first thing I do on any site I go onto on my phone is disable the 'mobile' version - they're invariably shit.

Other than that - bollocks to the rest of you who don't want signatures - I want a signature. If you don't want one, don't have one - but how about the option? :)
  • Options
    Seriously Leroy? What's the point of cluttering up the forum with sigs, and adding extra load on the servers, when we've all got a profile page we can use if we feel the need to express our individuality?
  • Options

@leroy
    If you mean you can't type a post on your blackberry you press the bottom right hand thingy "show rich text" in the icons in the post comment box
  • Options
    edited May 2011

As da18 sort of said above , I couldn't get to the beginning of Sir Henrys thread about SCP at the Bromley addicks , I opened the fully unread thread and Scohams comment about what HI had said was top comment...... and when pressing "older comments" to try and view whatever was the opening comment(s) nothing happened on my blackberry ...... Don't know if its cos its a new long unopened thread

**edit** sorted , it just wouldn't work last night it worked this morning

• Options

Can only echo cafcfan's comments. Great work. Being able to move between pages at the top as well as at the bottom would be helpful especially when at work and you nip on quick to get your CL fix and please no sigs even more obvious to your boss. Do like how much more work friendly the layout is especially when I've not signed in.

I'm having the same problem with ie when attempting to post, Firefox seems fine though. Cheers guys.
  • Options

Would be good to have a "Confirmed ins and outs" thread between now and the summer.

No chatter, no rumours or speculation just what it says on the tin so you can just click into it and see who has signed and who has gone.

• Options
    In 'recent activity', it is possible to view posts containing personal addresses sent, I guess, in the erroneous belief that whisper is working.

Is there value in the 'recent activity' slot or could it be axed?

• Options
    @FloydMontana what you are seeing there is a public conversation between two members (it's done by using the @ sign). Any private conversations should be carried out through the Inbox (which is not activated just yet).
  • Options
    Excellent stuff.
    My only request is NOT to have signatures. They are for supporters of clubs that play music when they score.
  • Options
    Inbox is back for private messages.