Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Would he up sticks and leave the security of the club he loves for a leap into the unknown just for a few quid ?
  • Options
    Think if we lose Semedo it's purely down to the board. He wants to stay...I hope.
  • Options
    this will test his metal (if true)... dont let us down semedo!
  • Options
    More likely to be racon than semedo to leave! Skysports will run a dozen stories like this over the summer!
  • Options
    I'm under no illusions that Semedo will go to the highest bidder but I consider Greece to be unlikely given the precarious economic situation out there.
  • Options
    Agent talk I imagine - wasn't Racon supposedly on a plane to Greece before the Dagenham JPT game?
  • Options
    He won't leave us, stupid story from sky sports.
  • Options
    Last year Racon was going to Greece never happened. Agent talk I reckon.
  • Options
    I really hope the board don't mess him around and give a generous incentive in any proposed contract if he leads us to promotion. Too vital a player to lose if we have aspirations of being stronger next season.
  • Options

He can jog (sideways) on as far as I'm concerned. New beginings needed.

He's been a central part of our team for the past three years. Three years that have seen us relegated, fail to win promotion with a massive league 1 budget and now finish in the bottom half.

I think he will be playing for us next season, purely for the fact that no one else will offer him a deal, much like last season when the main target was Bailey.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't believe he will leave if we have the funds, please Mr Slater!
  • Options
    This story is the usual timely placement by the agent trying to get his salary up a bit. Suggests he wants to stay but we've offered him a lower salary.
  • Options

He's been a central part of our team for the past three years. Three years that have seen us relegated, fail to win promotion with a massive league 1 budget and now finish in the bottom half.

I think he will be playing for us next season, purely for the fact that no one else will offer him a deal, much like last season when the main target was Bailey.

Because everything we have done over the past 3 seasons rests on the shoulders of Semedo and our midfield.....

Get some perspective, Semedo or no Semedo, our strikers haven't been good enough, our number 1 choice keeper is the most unfit pro I have seen, and our defence has been laughable. 

Semedo, Racon, Wagstaff, Sam, Bailey, Shelvey and Jackson would all get into all League 1 and lower Championship teams, some of them a lot higher, whereas Doherty, Francis, Omozusi, Llera, McKenzie, Dickson, McLeod, Burton, Worner would not.

He is a leader of men, a motivator, he breaks play up, covers full backs, passes well and is now being told to work on his main weakness, attacking.

The sooner people wake up, smell the coffee and realise that we won't be able to get anyone better, the quicker we can move on and build an honest, working team that is more the sum of it's parts to drag us out of this league. 
  • Options

Gotta say I'm leaning more towards this point of view than that of the Jose lovers. He has been an integral part of our team during a period where we have been getting worse each season. I'm not quite sure why we'd want to pay top dollar to continue that arrangement when his own form this year has been patchy to say the least (being generous)?

I know we can't buy in a completely new first team and expect them to work right from the start but central midfield has been a particular problem area for several seasons now and maybe money spent on Jose could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

• Options
    Good luck to Jose , shane to see him go,hope he gets the contract he deserves, always gave his all for this club.
  • Options

Gotta say I'm leaning more towards this point of view than that of the Jose lovers. He has been an integral part of our team during a period where we have been getting worse each season. I'm not quite sure why we'd want to pay top dollar to continue that arrangement when his own form this year has been patchy to say the least (being generous)?

I know we can't buy in a completely new first team and expect them to work right from the start but central midfield has been a particular problem area for several seasons now and maybe money spent on Jose could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

Meanwhile Scott Parker the football writer's player of the year has just been relegated with West Ham.

It's a team game, Jose has been a great player for us, and will be a better one if he's given a better team around him. Hating on him because it's a weak team isn't going to get us anywhere.

• Options
    Don't hate the playa hate the game.
  • Options
    dont hate the game , hate the player ;)
  • Options
    Well said Sam3110
  • Options
    good battler, poor player end of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When I last looked, we were in division three - not sure we're likely to get many world beaters better than this particular 'poor player'.

Perhaps if a few others had stepped up to the plate over the last few years then he would have been part of a more successful midfield.

• Options
    Not going to say that jose is without his faults!...... but a mistake if we let him go!.
  • Options
    Well said Bexley Dan. 
  • Options
    He's good enough to play for us, and to play in a successful team for us.  He's not good enough to command top dollar - or even the money he has been on.  If he's prepared to take a pay cut, then I'd be happy for him to stay.  If he can get a better offer elsewhere, I won't shed any tears if he chooses to go..
  • Options
    Not going to say that jose is without his faults!...... but a mistake if we let him go!.

This
  • Options
    Not at all bothered if he goes. Our midfield enforcer, not needed in League 1, who protects the back four so we don't let in too many goals, yeah right. Going forward he has numerous assists, hehehe, and chips in with a goal every 150 odd games. Will miss him like a hole in the head. If he stays it should be as a squad player not a regular.
  • Options
    Trust me, if what I think is about to happen in the transfer market happens, you'll be wishing Semedo had stayed. We haven't got a pot to piss on or a window to throw it out of - next year's 'back four protector' will be McOxo.

If he's off, then good luck to him - he's been our only player of any class for about three years now. Anyone who thinks he's crap knows as much about football as I know about macrame.
  • Options
    Our "fans" have less loyalty than a bucket of shite and even less football knowledge.  Take away the screen on our ponderous back four and this season will look like good news
  • Options
    Unbelieveable that people still can't see that Jose bring so much more to the team than just a few tackles in midfield.

Our best player by a country mile and I include BWP in that. Definitely championship class and has upped his game even further since Powell has arrived and encouraged him to attack more often.

He could be the heart beat of a successful side in this division and an important cog in a good championship side. We should be signing him up and making him captain, not contemplating letting him leave.
  • Options
    Very interesting to note how many of you describe our Player of the Season.