Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo off to Greece ?

Comments

• Options

Bexley Dan I think your missing a very simple point here, you mention that the schoolboy captain was a vastly superior footballer as compared to Semedo. Thats a fair comment, but Jose doesnt maintain his starting position in our midfield,week in week out because he is a 'footballer', it is because of his pure passion and hunger to win the ball and bully opponents.

I think you need to be comparing your 'mate' to Racon, but then again despite criticism of him (mostly acceptable criticism at times) he is probably the most technicially gifted player in our squad we have had since coming down from the Prem. Are you and your mate better than him and all?

I haven't missed any points thankyou and am quite happy with his commitment and hunger as i have stated on numerous occassions. I prefer him to Racon but both are  inept at being able to control a game and it is this type of player that we have lacked since Murphy left. Both are 3rd rate players in my book and will be very surprised if either go anywhere decent. Semedo takes the term water carrier to a new level.
  • Options
    Racon - technically gifted? I think cafc se7, that you like many others on here have somehow allowed the fact that Semedo was a portuguese under 21 international (defender) and Racon, a french player (of dubious pedigree) to cloud your view. Racon is a bit of an athlete who flatters to deceive and Semedo is just an athlete. Neither have a good enough football brain to play centre midfield. CP obviously doesn't rate them either or he'd be making more of an effort to break into the contingency fund.  
  • Options
    Racon - technically gifted? I think cafc se7, that you like many others on here have somehow allowed the fact that Semedo was a portuguese under 21 international (defender) and Racon, a french player (of dubious pedigree) to cloud your view. Racon is a bit of an athlete who flatters to deceive and Semedo is just an athlete. Neither have a good enough football brain to play centre midfield. CP obviously doesn't rate them either or he'd be making more of an effort to break into the contingency fund.  

And you know how much effort is being made to keep them of course !
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Very little hopefully. Three years of mediocre performances from both of them. (some claim this be considered consistancy?)

• Options
    Fcuk me, is this clown still at it?

I mean, he's not even good at it. Bit like his football ability I guess.
  • Options
    You are all missing the point here. Semedo's job isn't to "play", it's to destroy play. There is a place for both in football.
  • Options

wondered when Mr Angry would pipe up again - go on, hit me with a one liner - less substance than the other angry boy Ambrose
  • Options
    i know everything. i told you that yesterday
  • Options
    edited May 2011

played with Bexley Dan many years ago and he was MUSTARD and i agree that Semedo is holding us back in respect of attacking football.

If we are to commit to big wages (our budget) we need to ensure they are spent on players that will improve our league position, Semedo in my opinion is a second string midfielder who can be brought on to protect a lead, he does not have the availability create the amount of opportunities to score goals we need,never mind score them.

If we need to balance the books by offering reduced contracts to out of contract players to enable the changes to our squad that will ensure we are promoted then we must do this. In my opinion Semedo has limited ability and is not essential if we can get a better replacement.Lets move forward.

Bexley Dan was the defence splitter!

cheers Seed. Some of them subbuteo games were top drawer - happy days
  • Options

wondered when Mr Angry would pipe up again - go on, hit me with a one liner - less substance than the other angry boy Ambrose
    Who's angry? You're not angering me fella - depressing me a little, bemusing me perhaps, but not angering me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Murphy - horrible bloke.......very creative midfielder

Andy Reid - fat bloke..........fairly creative midfielder

Jose Semedo - brilliant bloke and I love him to bits.............limited creativity as a midfielder

We need a bit of quality.
  • Options

Who's angry? You're not angering me fella - depressing me a little, bemusing me perhaps, but not angering me.
    good, thats an improvement then - as long as i've helped
  • Options

good, thats an improvement then - as long as i've helped
    Don't try condescending - it doesn't become you.
  • Options
    I think the façade is slipping now. It's now looking like a fairly familiar style of posting we're dealing with here. Could it be? No, surely not - not enough type-o's for starters.

Good luck to you mate. Knock yourself out.
  • Options

go on. let me into your suspicions off it - this should be a laugh 

• Options

its more civilised than straight abuse Ambrose - each to their own

• Options

go on. let me into your suspicions off it - this should be a laugh 

No, you're ok. I don't think I would be able to communicate them well enough anyway.
  • Options

go on warrior - i'm very understanding

• Options
    This is tedious.
  • Options

go on warrior - i'm very understanding

Why are you trying to get a rise out of people. It's rather childish. Are you just bored?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I must say, it's a side to this poster I've never seen before. I've never considered him a WUM, argumentative or childish in the past. I guess he's just got a bit bored with the board and is trying to spice things up a bit. Strange old way to go about it though - irrespective of all the sock puppets mumbling approval by slight assent I would have thought making yourself look daft by posting something as silly as bigging yourself up over a professional footballer to the wider community was rather pointless. Dan - there is another Charlton forum on the internet fella. Not suggesting you'd be better off over there, by any means (it's a bit pants, to put it midlly) but your claim to be a more creative footballer than Semedo would probably fit in nicely with the delusions of grandeur/childishness/general lunacy that appears to go on over there.
  • Options

Think he would have made a better full back.  In midfield what he gives us with his battling & hasling qualities he gives away with his lack of vision and forward movement.   

Non the less hope he stays he will have his use over the season.

• Options
    You are both right actually. Don't agree with your views but apologies for any unpleasantness.   
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Semedo is a central defender who has been converted into a defensive midfielder. Give him a chance in defence and get in someone else in the centre of the park to play alongside Hollands.
  • Options

I totally agree with Ross.

And yes Bexley_Dan i do raise the point that Racon is a technically gifted player, what I am not claiming is that he delivers this week in week out. I only mentioned Racon since you deem it viable to compare your 'vastly superior' footballing friend to Semedo, when Semedo isnt that type of player, Racon is.

You must be on a whind as you seem to be switching everyones words and throwing it back at them like your dummy out of the pram!

• Options
    Dan, you could be right, but I can't say you've convinced me one little bit.  As you haven't given us any real information about your own footballing history or skill level, no-one has anything to go by.  It's hardly surprising then that most people here see you either as a wum or as someone who said something silly and now can't back down.  I see four plausible scenarios in all this:

• You have played football for a team (or whole number of teams) at school/works/pub/village/borough level.  You have been better than most of the people you've played with or against.  People have told you how good you are.  You have believed them, somehow thinking that this would make you as good as a pro at the aspects of the game which are your natural strengths.  This has led to the ridiculous hyperbole that started it all off, "I am a better footballer than Semedo".  If this is the case, then I am fully behind the others that are quite rightly trying to drag you back to reality.   No matter how much better you are than your mates, no matter how many defence splitting passes you've made in the annual works five a side, you're just not up to professional level.  As others have said there is a crucial difference between doing these things and doing them at the speed you'd need to at professional level.  Snowballs in hell.
    • You are a very gifted footballer who has played semi-professional footie.  Yes, you really are good.  If it hadn't been that you had the flu on the day Orient gave you a trial, you'd have been a pro now.  Still, you've got lots of experience in the conference or Ryman prem.  You are quite right that aspects of your game are better than Semedo's; even if you do discount tackling, as if that's somehow not football.  If this is the case, then perhaps you could help us cut through all this, by telling us who you are.  I'm sure there's a few people on this board who follow non-league football and who might be able to give you a fair review.  Of course, if this scenario  is the correct one then your whole argument is spurious anyway, because the implication of your original post was that someone who's ordinary is better than Semedo.
    • You are on a wind up.
    • You need urgent medical attention.
    Place your bets.
  • Options
    People tell me I'm a good guitarist - I used to believe it, but now I know what it means is compared to whoever is telling me this (a non-guitarist), I'm good. In the world of guitarists, I'm pretty average. Could Dan be suffering under the same kind of illusion?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Whether Dan is better than Semedo or not is a mute point really and not worth discussing.

I would agree with his overall sentiment that we can find a better central midfielder than Semedo. We all love his work rate and passion, but sadly I don't think he's good enough to be part of a side capable of winning promotion in the role he currently plays in. That's not to say he hasn't played well the last couple of years, but I feel like people are rating him with heart over head. Compare him to John Robinson who also displayed the same characteristics every time he pulled on the shirt. The difference is that Robbo was a bloody good footballer, whereas Semedo... isn't. Semedo would be fine in a 3 man central midfield as a destroyer, but I'm not at all convinced he can be converted into some sort of goal scoring box to box midfielder. Hopefully we've signed players of this ilk (Hollands and hopefully Prichard can step up) so that we don't need to change what Semedo is best at.

Would be very happy for him to sign a new contract on reduced terms, but I don't think he's the lynchpin some people seem to believe he is.
  • Options
    To be fair though, if Bexley Dan is such a good player maybe rather than run him down we should be bigging him up, telling him to get fit, bulk up a bit and get his arse down to Sparrow's Lane. He might just be the midfield playmaker we are looking for. I wonder what his wage demands would be?
  • Options
    Semedo may not be a class player, but he is the nearest thing we have in the team to one at the moment. Fortunately Chrissy apreciates this even if some on here don't. Having said that  - Player of the year suggest that most of us do. My optimism has risen this week and signing Semedo as our captain for next year would lift it much higher.