Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Peterboro here was come we going to win now 6-5  with bradley wright philips hat trick and jackson hat trick heehee
    I think you're bent, mate. Perhaps you might find it easier to write in Swahili
  • Options
    peterboro? we are playin bournemouth 1st game of season?
  • Options

I agree with Lincs.

We dont need any more lightweight midgets and fairies in our midfield. Oldham were the worst footballing team I saw last season so I am not sure why we are recruiting our new midfield from that sorry part of the world.

From Tenerife to Oldham. The sublime to the ridiculous.

Can't we just buy a couple of solid scary centre-backs rather than have a 16 man midfield?

• Options
    I'm alright with a 16 man midfield. That way McOxo will surely not get a game   :-)
  • Options

This is getting ridiculous... all we're doing is signing attacking midfielders

You've got to laugh!
    can't understand it - thought our midfield was good last year - created loads of chances.
  • Options
    THIS SIGNING EXCITES ME HUGELY

fast, skilful and eye for a goal

Think of a Waggy with a trick!

It's a coup because other teams were in for him. Teams in higher divisions.

Fair play to Mr Slater and co - good targets identified and seemingly signed up

Couple of defenders and we're looking exciting
  • Options

You've got to laugh!
    can't understand it - thought our midfield was good last year - created loads of chances.
    hahahahahahhahaah
  • Options

Charlton will now be like Peterboro score alot concede alot and get a promotion out of it.

Come on

• Options
    go to school bent, that would sort alot of problems out in charlton!
  • Options
    So you would not like seeing charlton score alot and gain a promotion out of it then????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I just be the fifteenth person to say ................ underwhelmed.
  • Options
    d_bent25 what is your country of origin?
  • Options

You've got to laugh!
    At rather than with.
  • Options

english,,  british..

white

• Options
    english? wow i know a few french guys with better grammar and spelling.
  • Options
    why are we all winding up d_bent25! its not nice lads! :-( but if its a inside joke then forget the what i just put!! ;-)
  • Options
    I know a few Charlton fans thinking there know it all and try to get into peoples faces while on the keyboard
  • Options
    Still prefer Adele Stephens two up front....
  • Options

You've got to laugh!
    At rather than with.
    I know
  • Options
    to those moaning about how many midfielders we have...surely we now have 4 CM (Jackson, Alonso, Hollands & Stephens) - sounds about right to me esp as Jackson at least is versatile and can play wing/LB.  Personally I still reckon we need another winger even if we get Green as at the mo we only really have Waggy.  Then 1 more striker (to make 4) and a whole load of defenders...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

english,,  british..

white

So is Mother's Pride bread.
  • Options
    english? wow i know a few french guys with better grammar and spelling.
    don'y you think he's doing it on purpose? winding people up - seems to be working
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i think u may be right bexley dan
  • Options
    I don't think we have too many central midfielders, it's just rare to have all our options other than McCormack seemingly being quite good.
  • Options
    You must be worried with the amount of midfielders we're signing, Bexley Dan?

Hope it doesn't scupper your big opportunity.

;o)

• Options
    @Athletico Charlton

I reckon that's about right.  Perhaps the striker will be young Ansah on loan.
  • Options
    You must be worried with the amount of midfielders we're signing, Bexley Dan?

Hope it doesn't scupper your big opportunity.

;o)

relieved
  • Options

Also says he undergoes a medical tomorrow so is not a done deal. 

As others have said, not much seems known about the bloke but it does seem that the signings we are making are made with a view to playing the ball on the deck through midfield which is hugely encouraging in my book. My local rag down here claims Stephens was also wanted by Saints who "are likely to have to beat off competition from Everton, Leeds and Bolton to make him their own player ". Add Burnley to that list and he does seem to be a young player in demand..........or one with a very good agent.

Also perhaps puts to bed the view that we are operating on a shoestring too if the figures are to be believed?

• Options
    Why is this not on the OS?

Stag do's aren't an appropriate excuse
  • Options
    My sources have just sent me this photo :P