Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    brilliant signing :-)
  • Options
    They've both got that 'What the hell have I done?' look about them.
  • Options
    They've both got that 'What the hell have I done?' look about them.

Haha I thought that. Wonder if their agent is the guy who wrote the 'Dale Jennings to Charlton' article? Green and Stephens were expecting the Alianaz Arena - but got Sparrows Lane.....
  • Options
    Sparrows Lane, one of the best training facilities in the country.....FACT
  • Options
    Danny Hollands must feel like he's due a testimonial what with all these new arrivals. Seems ages ago that he started the ball rolling
  • Options
    You been there recently?
  • Options
    Does anyone else think he looks like a younger Steven Gerrard?

Or is it just me?
  • Options
    Just you.

;o)
  • Options

Or is it just me?
    I thought that, needs to slim his face down and have a forehead like a ploughed field though
  • Options

scaled.php.jpg

steven_gerrard-6670.htm.jpg

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What amuses me is ,looking at the picture of the two of them with powell is that i'm ashamed to admit i don't know who's who. (shame on me)..............

Powell is the black chap with the beard.

;-)

• Options
    I'm going to take a guess that the midfield against Bournemouth, injury permitting will be Green, Jackson, Hollands, Martin
    Won't include Green because he is suspended.
  • Options
    I'm going to take a guess that the midfield against Bournemouth, injury permitting will be Green, Jackson, Hollands, Martin
    Won't include Green because he is suspended.
    Psst, don't point that out (even though it has been mentioned at every stage of us signing him), Rothko will start looking as stupid and ill-informed as the South London Press if you do x
  • Options
    6'1" so also brings a physical presence to midfield, Green is 5'11", Hollands 5'11" and Jackson 6'1" so physically bigger midfield with those 4 in it

I'm not too sure what height has to do with a physical presence?

• Options
    Has it though 1947, really, REALLY?

Ho hum, unlike the SLP I've learned something.

BTW, anyone listen to BBC Radio London, they had the Oldham reporter from Radio Manchester on last night, and he was waxing lyrical about Dale Stephens, thinks he's a special player who will thrive at Charlton and would cut it in the Championship 
  • Options

Or is it just me?
    Well if he can play half as well as stevie G then we got one hell of a player. Unfortunately, looking like him doesn't really count. I've been told more than once that i resemble peter crouch (don't see it myself). Just wish i could play like him.
  • Options
    But can you dance like Crouch?
  • Options
    Yeah, i do a mean robot. :-). I did actually convince some teenagers who said i looked like him that i was in fact his older (but not bigger) brother. Ha-suckers
  • Options
    You been there recently?
    No, I have access issues :-)
  • Options
    You been there recently?

Good thing too : - )  but last time I went it was badly in need of a tidy up and some other work.   Lots of land and the astro pitch but hope a bit of the Mysterons money goes in that direction.

Still compared to Oldham or Dagenham's training grounds I bet it is fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You been there recently?

Good thing too : - )  but last time I went it was badly in need of a tidy up and some other work.   Lots of land and the astro pitch but hope a bit of the Mysterons money goes in that direction.

Still compared to Oldham or Dagenham's training grounds I bet it is fantastic.
    Funnily enough, Christian Dailly said as much when he came to NWKA in April. Said the facilities were in need of an overhaul & new fitness equipment  was a must have. He felt that what was there at present didn't give players the best possible chance to get fit / strengthen after injury.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The stuff on Dale Stephens from BBC London is here at 42 minutes in

• Options
    not league one's lionel messi? oh why did we even bother...
  • Options
    Got a reply from the Oldham FM researcher on Stephens, not really anything new but still good to know he was an important player for them-

Bit of an all-rounder really, quite good going forward with an eye for goal. We missed him when he was out of the team last season. I don't know for sure of any clauses but I imagine that we've included a sell-on% and possibly an additional payment after promotion.
  • Options
    finally somebody who can take a free kick on fifa! racon was our best player on there last year!