Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Hollands is a holding midfielder 
  • Options
    Didn't Hollands score 12 goals last season?
  • Options
    Didn't Hollands score 12 goals last season?
    He got 7.
  • Options
    Near enough then, lol
  • Options
    Oggy,Time wise down there, are you Hours,Years or decades behind us ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Down here we don't know if it's last week or tomorrow morning, MoG.

Can't you tell?
  • Options
    No, but wish I was there, or Isle of White.
    Keep smiling...
    Paul x
    PS Sandra wants to see you again....and Her stomach is getting big,,,,,,,
  • Options
    Down here we don't know if it's last week or tomorrow morning, MoG.

Can't you tell?
    I thought Brunel's Gods Wonderful Railway, sorted all that time difference stuff out a while back?
  • Options
    If we're getting all these new players and spending the cash, it's gonna be interesting to see who Rochdale spend their (equivelent amount of) cash on..............

Maybe thats why we're buying up early, so we don't get into bidding wars with them. ;-)
  • Options

Just what i was thinking, Watch Rochdale with there promotion push next year : P

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woop Woop!
  • Options

Good Signing. We didn't get that midfield balance right at all last season. One thing for certain the strength in depth this season we won't need to loan in anybody.

We might go for a more attacking formation this season 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3, but How I see it.

MR - 1. Green 2. Wagstaff 3. Pritchard

ML - 1. Jackson 2. Evina 3. Harriott

MC (Box 2 Box/Ball Winner) - 1. Alonso 2. Jackson 3. McCormack

MC (Playmaker/Attacking Mid) - 1. Hollands 2. Stephens 3. Pritchard

Still Semedo could sign, so where would he fit in? Personally I think McCormack will depart.

• Options
    Unfortunatly I think semedo will be saying his goodbyes today.

Followed by the signing of 3 players.

Would still love to keep Jose. Maybe with the new group in he would work well in a 5 man midfield. And he can still offer something in the back four
  • Options
    Pretty decent analysis AddickRam, we're certainly starting to look stronger. I have to admit not knowing too much about Stephens, but the testimony from the Oldham fan seems to be encouraging. If we've spent £375k I assume that's the most we've spent on a player for quite some time (I think BWP was just under that?). One thing I would say is that it's quite unlikely McCormack will leave, he's probably on better wages here than he will find anywhere else so will stay. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team for League games, but for League cup, JPT and Kent Cup games he'll do. Semedo will definately leave now, and whilst I think he's a very good player, if freeing up his wages has allowed us to bring in Hollands/Alonso/Stephens/Green then I think it has to be said that we are now a better "team" than last year, which is the main thing.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how wee line up next year, with some suggestions of a 433 or a 4231. I think we'll stick with a 442, Green, Hollands, Alonso, Jackson. As we know Evina likes to get forward i'd expect him to start LB and supply the width down the left and Jackson to play an inside left role being the one who is right up behind the strikers when going forward. That gives us width down both flanks, a quality end product from Green, goals and graft from Jackson, physicality with better technical ability in Hollands and creativity and control from Alonso. I also expect young Harriot to be involved a fair bit and because of the versatility that Evina offers down the left it wouldn't surprise me if the only other addition down that side was a left back.
  • Options
    So where does Stephens fit your master plan, Blankie?
  • Options
    I personally think it will be Alonso that is at least initially sacrificed from the starting team assuming all other choices are fit. I imagine it will take him the longest to adapt to the rigours of English League One football and perhaps needs to be eased into the fray. That's not saying that once he is settled he won't command a regular spot.
  • Options
    Its funny how in the article on SLP of our double capture....it mentions Stephens turning down Saints because there was no guarantee of being a first team regular.....is it guaranteed he will be a first team regular with us?
  • Options
    Maybe he believes he has more of a chance staying in our first 11.
  • Options
    I would have thought that the midfield would be : Green....Hollands....Stephens...Jackson. Hollands being the strong tackler and Stephens the playmaker, although Powell did say he saw Jackson more as a centre midfielder this year..... Perhaps he didn't realise he would have this amount of money to spend on the team, which explains the Rochdale comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its funny how in the article on SLP of our double capture....it mentions Stephens turning down Saints because there was no guarantee of being a first team regular.....is it guaranteed he will be a first team regular with us?
    I'd like to think no one will be guaranteed a first team place. It would be nice to have a squad with competition across the pitch, so no one is certain of a place in the team.

Perhaps the article was simply alluding to the fact that Stephens would be far more likely to command a position in a League 1 team than a Championship side. That seems sensible enough to me.
  • Options

3-5-2

Evina to provide speed on the left side of the 3 man defence. Dailly as the old head in there somewhere. 1/2 others to be signed?

Middle of Green (R) Stephens Hollands Alonso Jackson (L)

Interchanging, free flowing football for 90 mins.

• Options
    So hard to chose a team when there's still 4-5 players to sign up yet, excluding Stephens and Green who look to have signed.
  • Options
    So where does Stephens fit your master plan, Blankie?

Somehwere in the centre of midfield ;-)

@ShootersHillGuru made a good point about Alonso not settling quickly and Stephens could be the one who starts in the middle alongside Hollands. The good thing is we have options. It's exciting.
  • Options
    Im just glad SCP saw how shocking the midfield was last year and worked on it to get people who can actually play football
    i don't mind who plays as long as it's not McOxO
  • Options
    We'll look a better team next season purely cause the midfield is going to be a lot lot stronger, but in terms of ball winning, but doing something with it when it's won.
  • Options
    Do you think Dale from the Oldham had a personality clash with Paul Dickov , i'm sure a lot of of players will do , if he is anything like he was a player, feisty and likes to get under peoples skin , can you get away with that in the modern game?
  • Options
    Is this actually congfirmed yet?

Green and/or Stephens
  • Options
    Not on OS yet.
  • Options
    Is this actually congfirmed yet?

Green and/or Stephens

no... i reckon if it isn't announced today then something has gone wrong with personal terms or medicals. Fingers crossed...

The only thing is, surely RichCawley would know if there was a conference called and know what time it was and therefore mention it on his twitter?