Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Henry :'-( 

So you should be.  Now stand in that corner until 2.30 when it will be on the CAFC Twitter with the Green and Bover deals
  • Options
    Okay, but ive heard its Pouso coming back and i will have to change my name to "I've-seen-Pouso-play-twice", im sat in corner though.
  • Options
    ISWPP - the correct comeback to Henry there should have been - 

"Bover'd?"
  • Options

Please will someone just tell me if this good news? I was confused before I got confused. Will there be any players that I will be able to recognise on matchdays? (Provided that I remember my specs)

• Options

Please will someone just tell me if this good news? I was confused before I got confused. Will there be any players that I will be able to recognise on matchdays? (Provided that I remember my specs)

bad news.  all the new players are pub league players for a pub league team in a pub league : - )

You won't be able to recognise them at first but the bloke behind you will help with "You're ******** **** Alonso" or whoever in the first five minutes of the first game so you'll soon get up to speed.
  • Options
    be prepared it's going on THE OS.
  • Options
    Seems from Twitter that CAFCOfficial have switched their computer on. Stephens and Green announcements on the way.
  • Options
    That proves I was right when I said he was at the valley last Thursday having talks
  • Options
    Who else is there, Smiffy Boy ...... a centre back or 2?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    Dale is proper northern
  • Options

nvm couldn't get link to work, fail.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/tactic1.jpg/

• Options
    Not heard anymore but when there is I will let u know, certain people on here should not doubt what people say
  • Options
    Nice one, Smiffy Boy!
  • Options
    6'1" so also brings a physical presence to midfield, Green is 5'11", Hollands 5'11" and Jackson 6'1" so physically bigger midfield with those 4 in it
  • Options
    6'1" so also brings a physical presence to midfield, Green is 5'11", Hollands 5'11" and Jackson 6'1" so physically bigger midfield with those 4 in it
    Where did it say that? Other sites say 5 ft 7.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Where did it say that? Other sites say 5 ft 7.
    The photo shows that he's a fair bit taller than CP and DG.
  • Options

From the Non OS......

Charlton sign Danny Green and Dale Stephens to complete their 16 man midfield ready for next season.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

“They might be midgets but if we stack them up like lego in front of the goal we can save money on defenders” said a delighted Chris Powell.

"We are focusing our recruitment efforts on glamorous beach football destinations like Tenerife, Bournemouth, Oldham and err ..Dagenham" continued  Chris.

Sir Chris Powell is 84 and taller than all his midfield put together.

• Options
    What amuses me is ,looking at the picture of the two of them with powell is that i'm ashamed to admit i don't know who's who. (shame on me)..............

And can someone tell me why clubs bother saying "for an undisclosed fee" rather than just saying how much? Never quite understood why they always seem to do it for low fees. It's not as if the fans don't want to know. Thinking about it, you think it could possibly be us with holding the price so to keep under the radar as long as possible before clubs get wind that "those cockney bastards have got money"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange range of options as for Stephens' height

Soccerbase - 5'5"
    Oldham site - 5'7"
    Transfer markt - 6'1"
    Wikipedia - 6'1"

But he does look taller in the picture... is he standing on the Yellow Pages?

Great signing by the way.
  • Options

I'd go for 6ft 1, I think CP is 6ft tall and he looks taller.

Someone dig out CP's wiki page and see what that says.

• Options
    CP 5ft 10in according to Wiki.
  • Options
    Tom Harvey said that he's more like 6'1" on the official Twitter.
  • Options
    CP 5ft 10in according to Wiki.

Ok so that discounts the 5ft 5 and 5ft 7 options, 6ft 1 it is.

• Options
    He's down as 6'1 on the Oldham site, think they would have know!
  • Options
    He's down as 6'1 on the Oldham site, think they would have know!
    fair enough!!
  • Options
    Don't forget we are buying players that can "grow with us" he could end up being 8th 3 in ;0)
  • Options

He definitely will if we feed him on spinach and guiness...

Well, it worked for me.

• Options
    Does anyone remember who tackled him to get him stretchered off against us?