Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale Stephens - Confirmed Signing, 3 Year Deal

Comments

• Options
    Oldham fans think we've got a bargain at that price http://members.boardhost.com/oafc/msg/1309283796.html
  • Options
    doesnt it say danny green is having medical tomorrow not stephens bournemouth addick! ;-)
  • Options
    Hey Guys, new user on here but been reading for months now! Sky Sports now have the story so looks a done deal http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7009041,00.html
  • Options
    Crickey our club Doctor is narf going to be busy by the sounds of it tomorrow!
  • Options
    doesnt it say danny green is having medical tomorrow not stephens bournemouth addick! ;-)

You spotted my deliberate mistake!

1st prize goes to uie2 ;-)

• Options

Went to check out that link, Scoham and it's one of those daft old forums that doesn't show threads, so I gave up!

We are very lucky to have a thoroughly modern message board -  some of those I have come across from other clubs really are crap.

Welcome, Domo.

Checked out that story.  If we have fended off champ clubs to get Stephens then it is a very good sign indeed of the persuasive power and weight that we now have at the club.

• Options
    Cheers Bigstemarra! Can't be a bad signing if loads of Championship clubs are after him, but like others, I don't really know much about the guy to be honest. A Southampton friend of mine seems to rate the guy, so fingers crossed he'll turn out decent. Am already starting to buzz about the new season, our side is really starting to take shape, especially if Green signs too!
  • Options
    Green , Stephens, Jacko, are all penalty takers, who would get the job ? 
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    d_bent25 what is your country of origin?
    `Zog

In the land of Charon, orbiting the icy depths of Pluto.

Though much of what he says is in fact mickey mouse
  • Options

Look beep off with this rubbish about me.

I got goosebumbs atm with Hollands and Stephens in our  team.

And a brillant manager in chris powell

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    My sources have just sent me this photo :P
    He looks like he's facing a sniper and has just realised the hostage he was using as a human shield has given him the slip, leaving him just holding the shirt.
  • Options
    Welcome Domorules.
    Do you like vodka & tomato juice ?
    If not, I'll drink yours......
  • Options
    THIS SIGNING EXCITES ME HUGELY

fast, skilful and eye for a goal

Think of a Waggy with a trick!

It's a coup because other teams were in for him. Teams in higher divisions.

Fair play to Mr Slater and co - good targets identified and seemingly signed up

Couple of defenders and we're looking exciting
    Oldham fan here, he's not really fast or particularly skill-full (not in the sense he's full of tricks and always beats his man). But he's got a great pass on him and very good technique for this division and of course has got a good shot on him.  He isn't a runner or a nitty gritty tackler, but if you've got someone along side him to do all that then you've got a very good forward thinking midfield player, he can pick out passes on the spot and spray play around the park.

375k has been reported is a bit too low for my liking, I think we could have held out for 500k. I'm disappointed he's gone because he's a quality midfielder, but we all expected he'd be off after he was loaned out to Southampton last season. I hope we'll start signing some players now, Clayton Donaldson would be nice! So yeah, disappointed with the fee, for a player under contract for another 3 seasons  I think we've sold ourselves pretty short.

A very good signing for you, I hope we have some future incentives added on as I think he'll go quite far in the game. I wish him all the best, apart from when you visit Boundary Park and when we visit The Valley. ;)

• Options

Look beep off with this rubbish about me.

I got goosebumbs atm with Hollands and Stephens in our  team.

And a brillant manager in chris powell

Good for you.
    How about you keep your bodily functions to yourself and beep off with your wilder postings?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    Welcome Jcartwell, thanks for the comments on Dale Stephens, but if you are reading the rest of this thread and thinking WTF...you aren't the only one.
  • Options
    Cheers Jcartwell, seems like a promising player. Good luck next season.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @floyd montana

dont be an egg
  • Options
    Appreciate the insight JCartwell, what did you make of Evina during his time at Boundary Park ? 
  • Options
    @floyd montana

dont be an egg
    oh, OK

welcome strange man from the north.
    We love you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats better. Thats the family friendly Charlton way. 
    I love him too. 
  • Options

we also have Ruben Bover,

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Spent all last year reading on this site how shite our midfield was, all holding, no creating, not providing any service to BWP and whoever he was partnered with that week.  Well, there you go.  Fill your boots.  But no!  Too many bloody midfielders!

Jesus.
  • Options
    Thats better. Thats the family friendly Charlton way. 
    I love him too. 
    No, but I REALLY love him.
    He must be more bored about the Green thread than we are.
    And his own ''who have we signed'' thread must be beyond tedious.
    So he has searched out any link to his club and landed on CL.

What a life this fella must lead.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Actually, no.
    for his own well-being - HEY CARTWELL! Leave now!
    If you stay it will be years of endless circular debate about Curbs, Leaburn, trains, imaginary signings, meaningless car-park pot-hole opinions, sky TV dates, take-away identities and stuff.

Leave now while you still have the how-much-is-it-to-Oldham, Moors murderer thread
  • Options
    @miserableoldgit

You can have the tomato juice, but I'll take the vodka! Cheers for the welcome!
  • Options
    Thank You Mr JCartwell for your time and effort to enlighten us. No, this ain't a "bloody northerner" rant, because I (and I know many others on this site) appreciate your words. To Me He sounds abit like Mark Kinsella: As He himself admits without the "Ball winner" beside Him ( in this case Keith Jones) He would not have been the player He was. Personally I'm abit worried about our lack of defence, but,hey, when you you support CAFC and KentCCC you learn to live with disappointment.
    Good luck to Oldham next season, except......
    Keep Smiling
  • Options
    Actually, no.
    If you stay it will be years of endless circular debate about Curbs, Leaburn, trains, imaginary signings, meaningless car-park pot-hole opinions, sky TV dates, take-away identities and stuff.

Leave now while you still have the how-much-is-it-to-Oldham, Moors murderer thread
    "Moors murderer thread" ?
    And you say I "crossed the line" ?
  • Options
    Actually, no.

"Moors murderer thread" ?
    And you say I "crossed the line" ?
    what, you dont think YOU did?
  • Options
    what mog said