Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

Comments

• Options
    The plot thickens then. Can't understand why any L1 club would need 3 senior keepers and 2 seemingly promising youngsters.

He can say all he wants. The budget wont allow 3 senior keepers.

He is the obvious candidate to go.

No way we will risk losing him on a free.
  • Options
    Does he know how to run out of the tunnel and jump?
  • Options
    My point being Clem it seems a strange situation to decide he's the one to replace and cash in on and try to do so after bringing in his replacement.

What if now there isn't any interest or any bids that meet our valuation... I can't believe we would go for Hamer without putting the wheels in motion on Elliot's departure first and if those wheels are/were already in motion, why not be up front to Elliot. Whatever his limitations on the pitch he deserves that.
  • Options
     The budget wont allow 3 senior keepers. 
    And you would know
  • Options
    Does he know how to run out of the tunnel and jump?
    Exactly what i was about to write.. JJ?
  • Options
    My point being Clem it seems a strange situation to decide he's the one to replace and cash in on and try to do so after bringing in his replacement.

What if now there isn't any interest or any bids that meet our valuation... I can't believe we would go for Hamer without putting the wheels in motion on Elliot's departure first and if those wheels are/were already in motion, why not be up front to Elliot. Whatever his limitations on the pitch he deserves that.

Agree ISLS. Not only that. robbie could always decide to stay. That would as you say leave us paying salary for three senior goalies. Curiouser and curiouser.
  • Options
    I'd rather see us sign Mikkel Andersen.
  • Options

Perhaps the we are in talks with another keeper story on the o/s is along the lines of the Francis story i.e drumming up interest.

Whatever people say we wont carry 3 keepers.

Total speculation but if Elliot has turned down a contract and we are going to out him, maybe he is getting his defence in first, so he doesnt get branded with the greedy brush? Who knows?

Think his time is up whatever is said.

• Options
    Just seems like an "interesting" situation to me... and not one you would expect/desire 6 days before the start of a new season
  • Options
    cannot see the point of signing him even if Elliot goes as we have two other keepers and Sullivan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If it was known that Hamer was being signed and Rob ousted in some way, why did Rob start on Saturday and not Sullivan, knowing the that the season starts next week and Rob may have gone? This is a bit weird. I agree that we will not have 3 senior pro keepers and 2 younger pro's, albeit that the younger ones will probably be sent out on loan somewhere.

• Options

If it was known that Hamer was being signed and Rob ousted in some way, why did Rob start on Saturday and not Sullivan, knowing the that the season starts next week and Rob may have gone? This is a bit weird. I agree that we will not have 3 senior pro keepers and 2 younger pro's, albeit that the younger ones will probably be sent out on loan somewhere.

Gough and Pope are some way off the 1st team and I agree they will be loaned.

Ultimately, 3 into 2 doesnt go with senior pro goalkeepers.
    Even more so when you remember we dont run s reserve side.

Someone is going to be the odd one out. Hamer? no way. Sullivan? cant see it. Elliot? he says he wants to stay. CP might think differently.
  • Options
    Sullivan to go out on loan. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    Would be mad surely... why bring him in permanently then? Are we only buying on impulse/availability?
  • Options
    Would be mad surely... why bring him in permanently then? Are we only buying on impulse/availability?

Exactly.

All fingers point at Elliot being the fall guy.
  • Options
    If Elliott won't sign, then he can go
  • Options
    Stick 'Bobby' Bolder in goal.
  • Options
    Elliot has gone from I know nothing to we will see what happens within 3 tweets.

Something stinks.

Not a good situation so close to kick off.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Will tell more tomorrow Tweeps... Thanks for comments! Woooooldys!

Hamers tweet.
  • Options
    Yeah It has to be Rob ...

Intresting this, Will be intresting to see what goes on tmrw 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People questioned when Powell took over if he had what it takes to make the tough decisions - and this shows that he has. Sentimentality aside, Hamer in goal will make us a stronger team. Harsh on Elliot, but needs must
  • Options
    I don't know enough about Hamer to comment on his goalkeeping skills, but provided we get a decentish fee for Robbie then financially it can work out - we get money for a player who might leave on a free or will need re-signing, we have a replacement ready to slot in and the money we get for Robbie pays his wages/signing on fee and maybe leaves a bit extra.
  • Options
    I don't know enough about Hamer to comment on his goalkeeping skills, but provided we get a decentish fee for Robbie then financially it can work out - we get money for a player who might leave on a free or will need re-signing, we have a replacement ready to slot in and the money we get for Robbie pays his wages/signing on fee and maybe leaves a bit extra.
    Wow this one come out from nowhere , i'm with BFR , on this one , lets hope Hamer is better than what we've got , and use the money to bring a decent striker and defender in.
  • Options
    JohnSullivan13 John Sullivan Great day back home, looking forward to a good weeks training now!! #preseasonOVER
    very different reaction from JS on twitter, obvious who is under threat
  • Options
    JohnSullivan13 John Sullivan Great day back home, looking forward to a good weeks training now!! #preseasonOVER
    very different reaction from JS on twitter, obvious who is under threat
     Maybe he hasn't been told yet!
  • Options
    Can you buy a player and then sell him in one transfer window?
  • Options
    Can you buy a player and then sell him in one transfer window?
    no, unless we release him (costs money to pay him off) or loan him out, but i think sullivan is a better keeper than rob anyway.
  • Options
    Elliot tweet throws everything into the air
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not really. Rob saying nothing either way. The Revolution will not be tweeted.

Chill everyonen, what will be will. All will be revealed when the red smoke appears above the Valley
  • Options
    Not really. Rob saying nothing either. The Revolution will not be tweeted.

Chill everyonen, what will be will. All will be revealed when the red smoke appears above the Valley
    Henry i think your getting confused with that whole 'Pope' thingy.