Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Hamer

Comments

• I like Robbie but i just feel that he hasn't got any better. He has had 2 and half seasons to really establish himself as No.1 but i really don't think he has done that.
  • I wonder if JS was the best the club thought it could get, then Hamer came up and they felt they had to go for him? Leaving Robbie out in the cold by the looks of things.
  • I wonder if JS was the best the club thought it could get, then Hamer came up and they felt they had to go for him? Leaving Robbie out in the cold by the looks of things.
    Perhaps or maybe Hamar was always the option if Robbie didn't sign a contract extension and moved on.

I do wonder how Sullivan is feeling now.  Comes to new Club with aim of being no.1, gets left behind Robbie in the key pre-season games and then sees another young keeper come in on a fee.

If anyone is out in the cold it's JS IMHO
    I like Robbie but i just feel that he hasn't got any better. He has had 2 and half seasons to really establish himself as No.1 but i really don't think he has done that.
    I agree.  I like him and you may have noticed I've stuck up for him once or twice when I thought he was getting unwarranted stick but might be better for him and us now if he does move.  We have other keepers, the cash will come in handy and Robbie can have a fresh start.

Thing is there is no guarantee that Robbie will be sold.  He doesn't have to go and could see his contract out or maybe no one will pay what the Club are asking for him.

Interesting times indeed.
  • Good points Henry.

It would seem a bit daft to alienate both Robbie and Sullivan by bringing in Hamer - I hope that isn't what has happened.
  • i don't think js is out in the cold to be fair. he's been told to come in and fight for the number 1 spot. originally with elliot and now with hamer two goalkeepers of their quality is only a good thing.  but hamer is taller.
  • I think we are all waiting for Robert Green to be sold by the Hammers, back to Norwich is my bet

• Surely Paul Lambert wouldn't do something that stupid... would he?
  • Why would they want Green when they have John Ruddy?

Ruddy has great potential.

• Lambert wanted that young Newcastle keeper, on loan to Norwich when he played a blinder in their 1-0 win to clinch promotion at The Valley a year ago.
  • Fraser Forster - Another with Great Potential,  hes a giant too 6 foot 7. Would be surprised if he's willing to sit on bench for Newcastle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Frasier Forster
  • i will never boo any of the new set of players!!
  • i will never boo any of the new set of players!!
    Can we have that in writing, please .......?

;o)
  • yes i would sign something to that afect oggy red ;-)
  • Its Hamer time
  • 'Ham(m)er to fall' on Robbie
  • Maybe injured?

Note on twitter suggesting he has been icing his thumb all day - stating "Bad Times".

Hmmmm

• Maybe injured?

Note on twitter suggesting he has been icing his thumb all day - stating "Bad Times".

Hmmmm

oh dear... Erm Robbie... doing anything Saturday? lol
  • How did he pass his medical?

Why have we signed the next Cory Gibbs?

SORT IT OOOOUUUTTTT
  • Maybe injured?

Hmmmm

Broken nail ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe injured?

Hmmmm

Broken nail ?
    Oh no! He could be out months with that!
  • Don't panic boys, it powelly with a bit of reverse psychology. after reading about Sheff wed's team news being leaked on forums, he's decided to throw a curve ball in bournemouth's direction. ;)
  • Matt Taylor in goal then : - )
  • Exeter FM researchers view on Hamer, sounds promising

A great keeper at this level, good shot stopper, very vocal and commands his box well. The fortunes of the Exeter defence really improved once he came on loan to us and he should do well for you.
  • So do we know if he's fit for tomorrow?  I'm a bit concerned that no news could be bad news.  Welcome back, Robbie 44!!
  • Robbie 44 has a sort of ring to it.
  • If Hamer isnt fit Sullivan will play. Forget Elliot. Suspect his bridges have been burnt. No way would we have signed another keeper if RE was still in CPs plans.
  • Spot on Clem....

• Hamer's just tweeted that he's not fit, so Sully will start, but who will be on the bench
  • Def. out of tomorrows game according to his Twitter. Boo.