Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully sullivan starts then
  • Options
    Shame, Sullivan to start for sure

• Options

Robbie could easily start and I expect he will, seeing as he's been first choice in pre-season. Great to have such cover.

• Options

Robbie could easily start and I expect he will, seeing as he's been first choice in pre-season. Great to have such cover.

My view as well.

Gutted for Ben and not a good way to start for the Club but that's what a squad is for.
  • Options
    he was signed for a season not just a game maybe he wanted to make his debut vs reading?
  • Options
    Sully should start.
    Otherwise a small amount of the pre-season excitement I have gathered will be lost in the knowledge that we have a liability in goal who could potentially leave us very soon & therefore put in a poor performance tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sully should start.
    Otherwise a small amount of the pre-season excitement I have gathered will be lost in the knowledge that we have a liability in goal who could potentially leave us very soon & therefore put in a poor performance tomorrow!

Considering Elliot is a Charlton fan I imagine he would give his best, whatever the situation.

Saying that I still think Sullivan will start.
  • Options
    Robbie does and always would give 110%. insulting to think otherwise.
  • Options
    Elliott hasn't said he wants to leave and Powell has stated that he was only covering his back if a new contract could not be agreed with Elliott, which i think it wise. Also Powell said Elliott chose 44, for reasons we can only speculate but do not know unless Elliott comes out and specifically says why. Personally I am a fan of Sullivan and prefer his approach i have to admit, however if Elliott is given the nod i have no problems with that either. He will give his all. He has weaknesses granted, but so does Sullivan and i am sure so does Hamer. If they didn't they would be playing in the top flight.
  • Options
    Bet Elliot plays a binder if he starts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ABR
  • Options
    Not fit for tomorrow
  • Options
    Not fit for tomorrow

Any news on the Titanic?
  • Options
    A mate of mine is a Reading supporter and he rates Hamer very highly, as do others at the club. The problem is that Reading have an absolute embarrassment of riches in that position and Hamer was fourth choice behind Federici, McCarthy and Anderson ( the Danish Under 21 keeper ). He is also is in the last year of his contract and really now does need regular first team football ( although he's accrued a lot of experience on loan ). 

Reading between the lines, it looks like negotiations between the club and Rob Elliot have stalled or effectively broken down and that Powell and the board have taken a view. It's a shame if that's the case but the uncertainty can't be allowed to fester and there can be no room for sentiment.
  • Options

Watching his interview on player you'd be excused for thinking we'd signed Manuel Almunia, dead ringer just sounds a bit different!

• Options
    How many clean sheets do you think he'll keep this season?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Deano kept 19 clean sheets in his first season with us , 234 clean sheets in 725 games in his career total.
  • Options
    With the defence we have, more clean sheets will be kept than last season. Don't forget he came in after all the other players so he hasn't had as much time to get to know the boys. It showed on Monday night because I reckon their goal was down to communication. 
  • Options
    I'm  going for 16 clean sheets.
  • Options
    With the defence we have, more clean sheets will be kept than last season. Don't forget he came in after all the other players so he hasn't had as much time to get to know the boys. It showed on Monday night because I reckon their goal was down to communication. 
    More to do with the weds player that took him out imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that first goal today looked like he was #havingaceddy
  • Options
    buckshee said:

that first goal today looked like he was #havingaceddy

Yeah, seemed to get his angles wrong. Oh well, happens to the best of em..................................
  • Options
    First goal totally his fault, and then he had the cheek to start ranting at the others. Jacko and Morrison told him to do one!!
  • Options
    He's the prime example of someone that can dish it out but can't take it
  • Options
    Can anyone clear up why him and Morro were booked in aftermath of Forrest's 2nd?
  • Options
    Ridiculous. The team needed a rollicking and Hamer was the one who did it. I for one am glad that he had the guts to try and take control and organise his defence after a mistake. Showed a bit of mental strength. Or would you rather he keep shtum because he made a mistake?
  • Options
    I'd prefer he accept he made a mistake rather than blame others yes
  • Options
    Yep, because when a low free kick travels past the entire team it's solely the goalkeeper's fault. It's bad defending all round
  • Options

Ridiculous. The team needed a rollicking and Hamer was the one who did it. I for one am glad that he had the guts to try and take control and organise his defence after a mistake. Showed a bit of mental strength. Or would you rather he keep shtum because he made a mistake?

Yes, keep your south shut, when you have made a schoolboy error.
  • Options

Why do we need another keeper? Sullivan good enough for 1st choice! Ridiculous, we need another CB and striker!
    wow